Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Flash patch to keep full screen on multiple monitors

I finally found a patch that works with CloneZone Flash to keep it full screen on one monitor and alows me to work on the other monitors. Very easy to install. It works on Windows 7 64 bit with quad monitors. Load at you own risk.

Bastart Code Repository: IgnoFlash Patch

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Flash patch to keep full screen on multiple monitors

Thanks for the link. As long as we are on this topic how about solving the following: when I am watch the video in a small window it looks ok but as soon as I make it full screen it looks like crap. Its all blocky. If I move away from my screen a few feet it looks better but then you can't use the computer for anything else. Is their a way in flash to control the resolution the video is download at or displayed at? This applies to other streaming video as well such as espn3. Thanks if you can shed any light on this; its been bugging me for awhile.

Starter
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    Thanks for the link. As long as we are on this topic how about solving the following: when I am watch the video in a small window it looks ok but as soon as I make it full screen it looks like crap. Its all blocky. If I move away from my screen a few feet it looks better but then you can't use the computer for anything else. Is their a way in flash to control the resolution the video is download at or displayed at? This applies to other streaming video as well such as espn3. Thanks if you can shed any light on this; its been bugging me for awhile.
    That I cannot help with. I use 1680x1050 on 4 20" wide screen monitors and the resolution goes down in full screen, but is still good. Try right clicking flash screen and pull up settings. I use enable hardware acceleration and unlimited local storage.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    I think most of the streaming players somehow examine your connection speed and send you a stream with a bitrate that they feel best fits your connection speed. Also, many times, the maximum available bitrate for streaming video is pretty low to begin with. For example, if the website has only decided to provide 320x214 stream, it's going to look like garbage when you try to display it at 1024x768.

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Thanks jbh that's the sort of thing I was wondering. I think my problem is what you describe. I'm using a 21 inch widescreen display set at 1080p (1920x1080) and the video being sent is really small; like you said 320x240 or something like that. When the small video area is scaled up to the entire display it looks like ****.

So essentially what I was asking was rather then let the program decide what size of video to send is there some way for me to decide and tell it? Finally, I do have high speed internet but I have a wireless router in between I wonder if I removed the router if perhaps it would work better. This is all via Mediacom by the way. Just wondering if there was some way to make the video look better. Thanks to anyone who can help.