Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

Re: Nebraska Perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    Alot of that can be put on the 4 of you...how many votes came out 11-1 with Nebraska the only one voting against it? You all talk about loyalty from Nebraska, but where was all the loyalty from ISU, KSU, Kansas and Missouri over the last 12 years? You all went along with Texas and the south and will now be stuck with them...until Texas goes independent and your stuck with nothing. Nebraska wanted to be loyal, but you were not for the last 12 years.
    You tell me what Nebraska wanted that the others didn't, other than the partial qualifiers ability to enroll? Maybe not having the title game in Jerry World every year, I'll give you that one. Other than that it seems to me that NU benefited pretty well from the unequal revenue sharing.

I'm not anti-Huskers like most of the rest of the thread, but you're making it difficult to stand up for you trotting out all of the tired arguments of the summer's events. I'll give you that the Huskers had to finish what Texas, Missery and CU started, but you start lumping ISU and the other North teams in, that's why there's a lot of resentment. The Huskers just finished what others started and everyone would have done the same in their place, but they need to lose the "We got ours..see ya later suckers" attitude, like this post.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

You guys have a great evening...stay classy!
    Okay, **** off, bye bye now!

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 9

See you loser and anytime you wanna admit your running from Texas we will be all ears.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

News Flash...UNI didn't pay $90 for a ticket...what? Maybe $10 or $20? Big difference in revenue there. I guess ISU is an ag school though...not a business school.
    I have to admit, Nebraska fan and Iowa fan really do deserve each other. Will be fun watching this train wreck develop.

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 22

Cooter Ray, is that you?

Addict
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,911
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 14

Alot of that can be put on the 4 of you...how many votes came out 11-1 with Nebraska the only one voting against it? You all talk about loyalty from Nebraska, but where was all the loyalty from ISU, KSU, Kansas and Missouri over the last 12 years? You all went along with Texas and the south and will now be stuck with them...until Texas goes independent and your stuck with nothing. Nebraska wanted to be loyal, but you were not for the last 12 years.
    Looks like we knew what we were all doing and backed the right school. The snake was in the water already, we just didn't know who it was. Say what you will about Texas, but when push came to shove they stayed. The conference wasn't going anywhere anyway if Nebbie stayed, so in the end its still your greedy school that turned their back on friendship, history, and rivalry. Have fun with those epic battles in West Lafayette.

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    I have to admit, Nebraska fan and Iowa fan really do deserve each other. Will be fun watching this train wreck develop.

Those two fan bases where twins seperated from birth.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 977
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 10

Your point? Several schools voted against revenue sharing...you act like Nebraska has veto power or something when it comes to the big 12.
    I think what they're trying to say is, you tried to be the power broker in the conference when it was formed and tried to push everybody else around. Then when the balance of power shifted away from you and down south, you left. I think its pretty clear this does not make you look like an advocate for the conference. Quite the opposite. There are details I left out there, but if you want to point to the fact that you left because you wanted equality, that is very very two-faced.

I don't wish you personal ill will, nobody should be treated that way in a game no matter how we feel about Nebraska fans. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

News Flash...UNI didn't pay $90 for a ticket...what? Maybe $10 or $20? Big difference in revenue there. I guess ISU is an ag school though...not a business school.
    Could you point out where I said that UNI game brought in money hand-over-fist?

My point was that we've had many, many games with greater attendance than this past weekend (or other games against NU for that matter), and we don't need you just to fill the seats. Regardless of ticket price, a full (or nearly full) stadium will bring in a handsome bounty.

Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    [Anything] is easy if you are content to suck at it.

Walk On
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Second...ISU has one big home game every year. This year is Nebraska and next year is Iowa. Your athletic department jacks the price up to $95 a ticket for those games and now that is gone every other year. That is going to kill you guys, and you should be thanking the Nebraska fans for traveling and supporting your athletic department every other year. What are you going to do in 2012 without this game?
    See this kind of arrogance is what is amazing. You believe you are the only team in the conference that travels well. OU travels very well also. I can remember games were they also fill the little airport in Ames with all of their private planes. So starting next year we replace NU with OU every other year in Ames. And then along with Iowa is Texas coming to town, so we actually improve since they travel well.

Although I would rather NU stay in the conference we really improve in quality of schedule coming to Ames with playing everyone. So the issue of only one big game per year changes to multiple games, every year.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    I will miss NU on the schedule. They are a team we have become very competitive with the last 10 years. 15-20 years they were an almost guaranteed loss, but now they are just another team.
    First of all, let me be perfectly clear, I am NOT a Husker fan in any way. But I have a couple of comments to make regarding what has become 2 issues. The first is fan behavior, and the other is Nebraska's loyalty (or lack of it).

Regarding Iowa State fan behavior, I have to admit that overall I think it is declining as well. I sit on the west side, and all I hear is griping and moaning about either the officiating or how CPR coaches. Complain complain complain. I am either gonna get moved or not renew, that's how bad it is. Last year I was in Lincoln when we beat the Huskers and was in the pressbox next to the Devaney family box. There is glass panes between boxes, so there is total transparency looking back and forth. Although they were never concerned about losing, when it became apparent we had them they were gracious. On the way down the elevator to ground level, I bet there were at least 50 people that congratulated Jamie Pollard on a huge win. As I got into my car, about the only negative thing I can say is that they were awfully slow letting me out of the parking spot.

Now, a couple of weeks ago, one of my kids came to the ISU/KU game. I met up with them I(some friends along) and since they graduated from KU, they wore their J-Hawk shirts knowing and expecting Iowa State to drill them. They are just your average grads. Their seats just happened to be about 15 rows in front of me, and I witnessed about 4-5 ISU fans get on them relentlessly. They stayed pretty good natured about it till one of them asked my kids firend if he wanted to fight. The ISU fan was about 40ish and the KU kids was probably 25. He did his best to just calm it down, and told him that he didn't want to fight. Then the ISU guy called him a *****. So I walked down and asked him if there was a problem. He told me to mind my f'ing business that "these punks" jsut took over this section like they owned it. WTF I said that I had paid the full ticket price through the athletic department and this is where they placed them. I then asked him to just "chillax" and enjoy the game for what it is.....a agme. He then told me to F'off. I personally invited him to go outside and lets talk about it, but Mr. Mouth backed down. After the game, the kids went back to their car, only to find it "keyed" and thoroughly soaped so thick it took about 2 hours to clean well enough to drive it to a carwash. So, I think we do have our share of A-hole fans.

Now, regarding Nebraska bolting to the Big 10. Someone said, if you had the chance, wouldn't you? I reply back........why?????? Overall, year in and year out (this year might be the exception) the Big 12 has better football. We definitely have better basketball, both mens and womens. So what's the appeal of the Big 10? The Big 10 cable channel. That is a revenue generator. To the nebraska fan that doesn't understand the feelings, if you were the one that was almsot sent to Siberia, you'd harbor the same feelings. Good luck over there, but I must admit I hope Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and the likes pound you like a hammer does a nail.

Last edited by yoteforever; 11-08-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yoteforever View Post
    First of all, let me be perfectly clear, I am NOT a Husker fan in any way. But I have a couple of comments to make regarding what has become 2 issues. The first is fan behavior, and the other is Nebraska's loyalty (or lack of it).

Regarding Iowa State fan behavior, I have to admit that overall I think it is declining as well. I sit on the west side, and all I hear is griping and moaning about either the officiating or how CPR coaches. Complain complain complain. I am either gonna get moved or not renew, that's how bad it is. Last year I was in Lincoln when we beat the Huskers and was in the pressbox next to the Devaney family box. There is glass panes between boxes, so there is total transparency looking back and forth. Although they were never concerned about losing, when it became apparent we had them they were gracious. On the way down the elevator to ground level, I bet there were at least 50 people that congratulated Jamie Pollard on a huge win. As I got into my car, about the only negative thing I can say is that they were awfully slow letting me out of the parking spot.

Now, a couple of weeks ago, one of my kids came to the ISU/KU game. I met up with them I(some friends along) and since they graduated from KU, they wore their J-Hawk shirts knowing and expecting Iowa State to drill them. They are just your average grads. Their seats just happened to be about 15 rows in front of me, and I witnessed about 4-5 ISU fans get on them relentlessly. They stayed pretty good natured about it till one of them asked my kids firend if he wanted to fight. The ISU fan was about 40ish and the KU kids was probably 25. He did his best to just calm it down, and told him that he didn't want to fight. Then the ISU guy called him a *****. So I walked down and asked him if there was a problem. He told me to mind my f'ing business that "these punks" jsut took over this section like they owned it. WTF I said that I had paid the full ticket price through the athletic department and this is where they placed them. I then asked him to just "chillax" and enjoy the game for what it is.....a agme. He then told me to F'off. I personally invited him to go outside and lets talk about it, but Mr. Mouth backed down. After the game, the kids went back to their car, only to find it "keyed" and thoroughly soaped so thick it took about 2 hours to clean well enough to drive it to a carwash. So, I think we do have our share of A-hole fans.

Now, regarding Nebraska bolting to the Big 10. Someone said, if you had the chance, wouldn't you? I reply back........why?????? Overall, year in and year out (this year might be the exception) the Big 12 has better football. We definitely have better basketball, both mens and womens. So what's the appeal of the Big 10? The Big 10 cable channel. That is a revenue generator. To the nebraska fan that doesn't understand the feelings, if you were the one that was almsot sent to Siberia, you'd harbor the same feelings. Good luck over there, but I must admit I hope Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and the likes pound you like a hammer does a nail.
    Wierd I thought ISU fans were Holier than Thou???? I saw alot of crappy behavior from Isu fans in the endzone, Drunk *** idiots who were hammering Nebby fans all day. Even though it was a hoot sometimes Yote when they were bothering Joe but nothing serious.

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,474
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 28

The big 10 is a much better conference top to bottom, so to say we are running away b/c we can't win the big 12 is just inaccurate. It will be much tougher to win a conference title or national title in the big 10.
    This is what is hilarious and kills whatever sort of credibility you could have. I lived in Omaha for 4 1/2 years up until about a month ago. I promise you...I will swear to God above...100% of Nebraska fans have always said the Big 8/12 is better than the Big 10. Suddenly the Big 10 is so much better than the Big 12. Riiiiiiight.

Addict
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,911
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SC Cy View Post
    This is what is hilarious and kills whatever sort of credibility you could have. I lived in Omaha for 4 1/2 years up until about a month ago. I promise you...I will swear to God above...100% of Nebraska fans have always said the Big 8/12 is better than the Big 10. Suddenly the Big 10 is so much better than the Big 12. Riiiiiiight.
    they're just preparing their excuses for why they are basement dwellers starting next year.

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by yoteforever View Post

This. +1

As for the drunk ISU fan, that's what we have security and Ames Police for, if nothing else than to toss them out of the stadium. I'm not normally one to narc on folks, but you have guys threatening physical violence, it's time the security folks earned their money.