Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 104
  1. #31
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    #1. If your stupid enough to judge an entire fanbase based on the actions of a select few sitting around you in the stadium, then your the shallow POS.

    #2 If your stupid enough to try and get sympathy for you and your wife on how you were so mistreated by going to a ISU message board and pleading your case, then my guess is there are buffalo in your family tree.

    #3 You are really reaching when pull some crap out of your pie hole talking about how how you have to pay $90 per ticket vs $60 for most of the other game and how that $30 increase in revenue we don't get from playing you in going to destroy our athletic department.

    NO sympathy from me dbag.
    another classy post...starting to add up



  2. #32
    All-Star
    Points: 33,628, Level: 56
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cabot, AR
    Posts
    1,674
    Points
    33,628
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    It's pretty stupid to think unequal revenue sharing was an issue for Nebraska. Were going to a conference that has equal revenue sharing. We left because we are going to a conference that works together and wants equality of all it's memebers...the big 12 is just the opposite and one reason your school is getting the short end of the stick. Maybe you should have stuck up to the south a long time ago...it's too late now. That's a you problem...
    You picked this argument, thats actually jaybyrd2000 problem, if you think you are going to come on our board and rationilize Nebraska and the spin from your AD - you are just wrong. Nebraska was long opposed to equal revenue sharing, Texas proved to be the bigger Dog and was raking it in and then you bolted. Good luck vs your new rivalries and be sure to go tell Indiana and Minnesota what a favor you are doing for them when you buy tickets in their stadiums, I am sure they will be impressed



  3. #33
    Legend
    Points: 310,065, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a Bunker
    Posts
    14,352
    Points
    310,065
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 9

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    I was at the game this weekend and it was a tremendous atmosphere and a great game on both sides. Luckily for us we came out on the winning side, but it could have gone either way.

    My question to the ISU faithful, is why all the hostility towards Nebraska? You can't tell me for a second that if your university was offered the chance to jump to the big 10, you would have declined the offer. I heard many of your fans begging for the move in June.

    Second...ISU has one big home game every year. This year is Nebraska and next year is Iowa. Your athletic department jacks the price up to $95 a ticket for those games and now that is gone every other year. That is going to kill you guys, and you should be thanking the Nebraska fans for traveling and supporting your athletic department every other year. What are you going to do in 2012 without this game?

    I have to say...I have always rooted for ISU on every other Saturday of the year except for Nebraska Saturday. After this weekend, im going to have a very difficult time doing that. I sat on the east side of the stadium and got cussed at, water thrown on me and some drunk fan actually said he was going to punch me in the face. For what? All i did was sit in my seat and cheer on my team. I never once said anything dirogitory to a cyclone fan and never was obnoxious. I actually had some really decent people sitting around me and enjoyed my time with them (they apologized over and over for your fan base). I have been to Ames for 4 husker games in the past and this was by far my worst experience. I have been to Boulder, Columbia and Manhattan and gotten way better treatment than this weekend and i never thought i would have been able to say that. I was really ashamed by the classless acts of the fans this weekend. Every fan base has knuckleheads (including Nebraska), but it was really sad on Saturday.

    I wish your team nothing but the best of luck the next 2 weeks and hope you become bowl eligible.

    Thanks!
    First off I would have loved to join the Big 10 but sense thats not going to happen its a mute point.

    Secondly, Nebby's ***** *** move out of the Big 12 because Ole Tom is tired of getting his head beat in by UT is sad. It makes you look like cowards running away from Texas. Dont give me the money excuse because you dont need the extra money. Or the exposure you guys have a National team.

    Thirdly, I will repeat you guys are running away from Texas.

    Fourth, I honestly do hope you beat EIU (this made me cringe a little to say).



  4. #34
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorCy View Post
    Maybe because now that Texas is top dog and makes more money than you, you run to the Big Ten where they have equal revenue sharing.

    News flash...Texas has always made more money than us and will always make more money than us. It's not a big deal at all...



  5. #35
    All-Star
    Points: 59,763, Level: 75
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SenorCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    C.J.
    Posts
    1,464
    Points
    59,763
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 22

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    News flash...Texas has always made more money than us and will always make more money than us. It's not a big deal at all...
    So why are you running away to the Big Ten?



  6. #36
    Addict
    Points: 119,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    simply1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,236
    Points
    119,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    the facts are the facts...i seriously want to know how your AD is going to come up with that lost revenue? It's a question...not something against you or your school. It's a simple business question...where do you make up for that lost revenue?
    Exit fees from CU and NU, after that we'll have to see if the B12 contract does indeed go up as it was said to. ISU really had no control over whether the game remained or not, so why ask the question? It was the hand given, have to move on from that. Not our choice, YOUR choice. Thanks!


    I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

  7. #37
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 160,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    4,951
    Points
    160,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 19

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    Your point? Several schools voted against revenue sharing...you act like Nebraska has veto power or something when it comes to the big 12.
    You had just stated that "Nebraska wanted to move to the Big 10 because of equal revenue sharing and where the teams work together". Perhaps if Nebraska would have voted for equal revenue sharing when the Big 12 was formed, the Big 12 would have it now. Money = Power, and when everyone has the same amount of money, they all have (about) the same amount of power. So don't use "equal revenue sharing" as an excuse.

    The only reason why Nebraska left is because: 1) You couldn't stand not being the "big dog" of the conference anymore. 2) You couldn't stand Texas being the "big dog". 3) You couldn't beat Texas so you ran off with your tail tucked between your legs.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  8. #38
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCRAZY View Post
    First off I would have loved to join the Big 10 but sense thats not going to happen its a mute point.

    Secondly, Nebby's ***** *** move out of the Big 12 because Ole Tom is tired of getting his head beat in by UT is sad. It makes you look like cowards running away from Texas. Dont give me the money excuse because you dont need the extra money. Or the exposure you guys have a National team.

    Thirdly, I will repeat you guys are running away from Texas.

    Fourth, I honestly do hope you beat EIU (this made me cringe a little to say).

    TRUST ME...we are not running away from Texas. If you know the facts, Nebraska and Texas were probably the two tightest administrations in the conference. Also...TO was not totally in favor of the move...if you want to blame anyone, blame the chancellor and academic side. They are the ones that jumped on this from day one for many more reasons than athletics.



  9. #39
    Addict
    Points: 152,102, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,290
    Points
    152,102
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorCy View Post
    So why are you running away to the Big Ten?
    You mean beside the fact that they can't win the Big XII?


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  10. #40
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 14,440, Level: 36
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    343
    Points
    14,440
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    I will miss NU on the schedule. They are a team we have become very competitive with the last 10 years. 15-20 years they were an almost guaranteed loss, but now they are just another team.



  11. #41
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
    Exit fees from CU and NU, after that we'll have to see if the B12 contract does indeed go up as it was said to. ISU really had no control over whether the game remained or not, so why ask the question? It was the hand given, have to move on from that. Not our choice, YOUR choice. Thanks!

    Your giving your exit fees to Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma. Probably the dumbest thing i've heard, but again the south makes the rules.



  12. #42
    Prospect
    Points: 3,661, Level: 17
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    69
    Points
    3,661
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    the facts are the facts...i seriously want to know how your AD is going to come up with that lost revenue? It's a question...not something against you or your school. It's a simple business question...where do you make up for that lost revenue?
    Ask the AD. I hear he responds promptly and with class to reasonable emails.



  13. #43
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    The big 10 is a much better conference top to bottom, so to say we are running away b/c we can't win the big 12 is just inaccurate. It will be much tougher to win a conference title or national title in the big 10.



  14. #44
    All-Star
    Points: 59,763, Level: 75
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SenorCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    C.J.
    Posts
    1,464
    Points
    59,763
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 22

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    TRUST ME...we are not running away from Texas. If you know the facts, Nebraska and Texas were probably the two tightest administrations in the conference. Also...TO was not totally in favor of the move...if you want to blame anyone, blame the chancellor and academic side. They are the ones that jumped on this from day one for many more reasons than athletics.
    You forgot this guy, , he indicates sarcasm. By the way, not running away from Texas? Nebraska is 1-8 against Texas since '96.



  15. #45
    Addict
    Points: 152,102, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,290
    Points
    152,102
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

    Re: Nebraska Perspective...

    Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    TRUST ME...we are not running away from Texas. If you know the facts, Nebraska and Texas were probably the two tightest administrations in the conference. Also...TO was not totally in favor of the move...if you want to blame anyone, blame the chancellor and academic side. They are the ones that jumped on this from day one for many more reasons than athletics.
    What facts? You don't know ****. NU will be the weakest university academically by a factor of two in the B10. Football money in why NU is in the B10. Period.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM