Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Nebraska Perspective...

I was at the game this weekend and it was a tremendous atmosphere and a great game on both sides. Luckily for us we came out on the winning side, but it could have gone either way.

My question to the ISU faithful, is why all the hostility towards Nebraska? You can't tell me for a second that if your university was offered the chance to jump to the big 10, you would have declined the offer. I heard many of your fans begging for the move in June.

Second...ISU has one big home game every year. This year is Nebraska and next year is Iowa. Your athletic department jacks the price up to $95 a ticket for those games and now that is gone every other year. That is going to kill you guys, and you should be thanking the Nebraska fans for traveling and supporting your athletic department every other year. What are you going to do in 2012 without this game?

I have to say...I have always rooted for ISU on every other Saturday of the year except for Nebraska Saturday. After this weekend, im going to have a very difficult time doing that. I sat on the east side of the stadium and got cussed at, water thrown on me and some drunk fan actually said he was going to punch me in the face. For what? All i did was sit in my seat and cheer on my team. I never once said anything dirogitory to a cyclone fan and never was obnoxious. I actually had some really decent people sitting around me and enjoyed my time with them (they apologized over and over for your fan base). I have been to Ames for 4 husker games in the past and this was by far my worst experience. I have been to Boulder, Columbia and Manhattan and gotten way better treatment than this weekend and i never thought i would have been able to say that. I was really ashamed by the classless acts of the fans this weekend. Every fan base has knuckleheads (including Nebraska), but it was really sad on Saturday.

I wish your team nothing but the best of luck the next 2 weeks and hope you become bowl eligible.

Thanks!

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Nebraska Perspective...

I have a difficult time believing people were mean just to be mean. Where did you sit (what section)?

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

sorry you got razzed, your team won the game, now go away.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CloneState1028 View Post
    I have a difficult time believing people were mean just to be mean. Where did you sit (what section)?
    Section L...Row 28

I don't think people were mean to be mean...i think people were drunk and had no clue what they were doing. You had ISU people all over my section apologizing to myself and my wife for the treatment we received. It was not good...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 104

It's the way your fans we're acting like they owned Ames, chests puffed out, arrogance at full tilt.

That doesn't mean anyone deserved to get **** thrown out them, but that's where the animosity comes from. We generally hate Nebraska more than any other Big 12 team. The fact that there are Iowans who are bandwagon Huskers, and the attitude that Husker fans take on the road really gets under people's skins. I'm not sure why you guys act that way on the road, because in Lincoln, your fans are great, but I've seen so much obnoxiousness and arrogance out of Husker fans at JTS, and this year was the worst by a mile.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by JAByrd2000 View Post
    I was at the game this weekend and it was a tremendous atmosphere and a great game on both sides. Luckily for us we came out on the winning side, but it could have gone either way.

My question to the ISU faithful, is why all the hostility towards Nebraska? You can't tell me for a second that if your university was offered the chance to jump to the big 10, you would have declined the offer. I heard many of your fans begging for the move in June.

Second...ISU has one big home game every year. This year is Nebraska and next year is Iowa. Your athletic department jacks the price up to $95 a ticket for those games and now that is gone every other year. That is going to kill you guys, and you should be thanking the Nebraska fans for traveling and supporting your athletic department every other year. What are you going to do in 2012 without this game?

I have to say...I have always rooted for ISU on every other Saturday of the year except for Nebraska Saturday. After this weekend, im going to have a very difficult time doing that. I sat on the east side of the stadium and got cussed at, water thrown on me and some drunk fan actually said he was going to punch me in the face. For what? All i did was sit in my seat and cheer on my team. I never once said anything dirogitory to a cyclone fan and never was obnoxious. I actually had some really decent people sitting around me and enjoyed my time with them (they apologized over and over for your fan base). I have been to Ames for 4 husker games in the past and this was by far my worst experience. I have been to Boulder, Columbia and Manhattan and gotten way better treatment than this weekend and i never thought i would have been able to say that. I was really ashamed by the classless acts of the fans this weekend. Every fan base has knuckleheads (including Nebraska), but it was really sad on Saturday.

I wish your team nothing but the best of luck the next 2 weeks and hope you become bowl eligible.

Thanks!

I hope you know it goes both ways. I was cheering on ISU in the grass lots and had a group of Husker fans harass me because I was wearing a knee brace (ACL surgery 3 weeks ago). I ignored them for awhile and apparently that ****** them off enough that one actually came up and shoved me onto the hood of my car, messing up knee again. So don't come crying to this board about how you had a bad run in with fans, because it definitely goes both ways. You aren't going to get sympathy from most Cyclone fans just because of the way your fan base treats everyone, and you definitely aren't going to get sympathy from me.

So basically, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    It's the way your fans we're acting like they owned Ames, chests puffed out, arrogance at full tilt.

That doesn't mean anyone deserved to get **** thrown out them, but that's where the animosity comes from. We generally hate Nebraska more than any other Big 12 team. The fact that there are Iowans who are bandwagon Huskers, and the attitude that Husker fans take on the road really gets under people's skins. I'm not sure why you guys act that way on the road, because in Lincoln, your fans are great, but I've seen so much obnoxiousness and arrogance out of Husker fans at JTS, and this year was the worst by a mile.
    I think this pretty much sums it up. I had an ISU student come up to me wearing full Nebraska gear between the third and fourth quarter and start bragging. The arrogance in the stadium at that point was palpable.

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post

This.

To the OP, this is one of the few posts (if any) claiming our fanbase to be classy. In most cases, it's the exact opposite. Nebraska fans are way too arrogant and they get what they deserve for the most part. The "Go Big Red" chant and everything is so played.

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,207
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

All I can say with many years of owning season tickets, this was the first year the huskers were not verbally abusive that attendend the game. In fact, I thanked the husker fans behind me after this last game as they rooted for their team without being knuckledheads. Don't get me wrong they went into the bugeater yell after they were up by 14, but that dissipated quickly. Previous games, I wish they all were processed through the stock yards slow and painfully. I also thought it was interesting how quiet the huskers were leaving the game. They new they were in a dogfight that night...I didn't see or hear any gloating by the huskers at all, only a deep sigh.

I wish they were not leaving the BIg 12 as I believe ISU with the recent proper leadership that has been missing for many years, we can be competitive with them. For those that are ISU fans that can see what the ISU President and Athletic Director is doing, wake up, or leave!

Z

Last edited by zach; 11-08-2010 at 08:25 PM.
    The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence… Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 18

Thanks!
    You won't be coming back to Ames so why cry about it? **** off crybaby.

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Addict
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,476
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 36

Thanks!
    You nebraska fans are pretty dense to not understand the hostility. YOUR school's greed almost relegated ISU to some doormat conference like CUSA. Who cares if we'd have made the same decision. We didn't get to make it. Do you think if ISU did something that threatened to end Nebraska's football program as you know it you wouldn't be a little ****** off? I don't care if it wasn't your call. I will never forgive Nebraska for what they almost did to ISU. 105 YEARS. That is a LOT of history you threw away for money and I personally think you will regret it, but whatever. Climb on the backs of teams like KU, ISU, KSU, OSU, and MU to get to where you got and then ditch them when someone flashes a shiny watch. Thanks for nothing Nebraska. You want classless...look no further than Tom Osborne and the Nebraska administration and power boosters. Why are we ******? FOR REAL? GET A CLUE!!!

Last edited by everyyard; 11-08-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The difference is, Nebraska was in a position of power. Iowa State wasn't. If ISU somehow got a Big 10 offer, Nebraska would have been just fine. Nebraska took a Big 10 offer full well knowing it could drive apart the Big 12 and leave Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas and Kansas State without a conference, or in a non-BCS conference. For those of us who grew up watching ISU sports and went to the university, it's pretty tough to see that.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    You won't be coming back to Ames so why cry about it? **** off crybaby.
    Classy...

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    You nebraska fans are pretty dense to not understand the hostility. YOUR schools greed almost relegated ISU to some doormat conference like CUSA. Who cares if we'd have made the same decision. We didn't get to make it. Do you think if ISU did something that threatened to end Nebraska's football program as you know it you wouldn't be a little ****** off? I don't care if it wasn't your call. I will never forgive Nebraska for what they almost did to ISU. 105 YEARS. That is a LOT of history you threw away for money and I personally think you will regret it, but whatever. Climb on the backs of teams like KU, ISU, KSU, OSU, and MU to get to where you got and then ditch them when some one flashes a shiny watch. Thanks for nothing Nebraska. You want classless...look no further than Tom Osborne and the Nebraska administration and power boosters. Why are we ******? FOR REAL? GET A CLUE!!!
    This - plus Nebraska opposed equal revenue share, texas owned you on the field and was positioning to own you financially too and then you bolted which left the rest of us in a prety bad spot, had you not opposed revenue sharing when the conference was formed, odds are we wouln't all be Texas's ******* right now.