Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Speaking of Cameron Bell

I got an opportunity to meet and talk to him, i mentioned that McFarland said he was around 225 and running a 4.5 he corrected me and went on like this. and i quote

" I am 230 and down to the high 4.4's. All I wanna do is shock the world man cause i even have doubters here that I am not good enough or athletic enough to be the what i want to be. But i will prove them wrong. Keepin my faith in the lord and hard work, i may just be Iowa State's first heisman trophy winner. "

at 230 and 4.4 I say lets throw this man at linebacker! Nah, anyway... I think this kid is really going to be something special once he learns a few things.

Just thought you would all enjoy hearing this.

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 490
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

Re: Speaking of Cameron Bell

I don't know how you do it or where you are always getting it, but keep feeding us this stuff! (I'd give you more positive rep, but it says I have to pass it around before giving you more)

Pro
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

I like the attitude coming from some of these guys. Now if they keep up the work ethic, they could be something...

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Amen Crash_Zone - ISU33 i love ur posts, u keep us in the know on whats really the buzz around the team - Thanks!!!!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,013
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I LOVE the attitude I am hearing from Bell, Blythe, etc. It sounds like these guys are going to be mentally and physically ready to come out swinging every Saturday.

If they can maintain that through the brutal middle-third of the schedule, along with the natural learning process of new staff, Juco's, O-Line, etc., we might be able to do some real damage in those last 4 games.

Everyone pray for an O-Line miracle....

Last edited by ISU_Alum_2000; 07-18-2007 at 11:05 AM. Reason: originally typed Bass instead of Bell

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Look, the days of us being 14 points behind, before we start, on the road against a good team, not named Iowa, are over.

Are we going to take some beatings??? More than likely. But we will never again hear about winning a half when we lose by five TD's. I am not ripping on the previous coach when I say that, he had to do what he could. I just really like the candor that I hear from this staff.

Jeffrey A Crawford

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Any chance of this guy getting some substantial playing time this year? I know Bass is the front runner for the starting spot, but for those who know much about him, can he handle running 20 times every week and between the tackles?

Cameron's size makes you think he'd be a nice goaline back for us, but if he's running a 4.4, I would think we'd want to give him a chance to get in the open field.

Does anyone know if McFarland ran many screen passes at his previous stop?

Starter
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

What is it with everybody on this team now? Anytime you read an interview or listen to them talk all I seem to hear in their voice is confidence and a little bit of swagger and I LOVE IT!!!! That's something that ISU hasn't had in a long time. Hopefully this helps produces wins and good games on gameday. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK COACHING STAFF!!!!

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Preseason confidence is easy and meaningless. I still expect about 4 wins this year. It's the same team as last year, minus a lousy offensive line.

'tiny little text etched into her neck it said "jesus lived and died for all your sins." she's got blue black ink and it's scratched into her lower back. it said: "damn right i'll rise again." yeah, damn right you'll rise again.'

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 402

Quote Originally Posted by joepublic View Post
    Preseason confidence is easy and meaningless. I still expect about 4 wins this year. It's the same team as last year, minus a lousy offensive line.
    I think most of us are in agreement that the result of the team from last year boiled down to coaching decisions. Take that team and put it in the hands of capable coaches and it's not a 4-8 team. That's the reason for optimism. The talent's there - the question that will determine the season is how is all of this offseason work going to impact the O and D line. It sounds like it's having a huge impact. It sounds like we're not going to be pushed around this year. And if the coaches play calls this year that cater specifically to the O and D needs instead of hampering them (and if the stars and planets align in just the right way), then this COULD be a very special year.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

Im thinking a little Reggie Bush/LenDale White combo with Bell and Bass...

Addict
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by joepublic View Post
    I agree with you in some way, because these were the same things said by the players a year ago. However, there's a different air surrounding these comments. It's not a bias either. As I said before, every word that came out of Blythe's mouth reminded me of the hype from last summer. But, the one thing that has me sold, are the stories of the strength training and physical change the players have been going through. No one expects them to go 7-5 or 8-4, but the anticipated losses to teams like Nebraska, Texas, OU, etc. should no longer be blowouts at the least.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    I think most of us are in agreement that the result of the team from last year boiled down to coaching decisions. Take that team and put it in the hands of capable coaches and it's not a 4-8 team. That's the reason for optimism. The talent's there - the question that will determine the season is how is all of this offseason work going to impact the O and D line. It sounds like it's having a huge impact. It sounds like we're not going to be pushed around this year. And if the coaches play calls this year that cater specifically to the O and D needs instead of hampering them (and if the stars and planets align in just the right way), then this COULD be a very special year.
    I'm sorry but I disagree. It was an issue of talent in too many games, not just coaching. Blame the coaches for lousy recruiting, or blame them for lousy player development leading to no depth. But the butt whippings I saw last year were related to not enough talent to compete more often than not.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. We'll know soon enough.

'tiny little text etched into her neck it said "jesus lived and died for all your sins." she's got blue black ink and it's scratched into her lower back. it said: "damn right i'll rise again." yeah, damn right you'll rise again.'

Rookie
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I guess the question becomes how quickly will our fan base "fracture" when things don't go as envisioned? What if we get drilled by Iowa or have a near miss with UNI again? Will the fans toss in the towel and say it's no different than the previous regime or will they give it time to get off the ground?

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,416
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 59

Quote Originally Posted by rd4isu View Post
    I guess the question becomes how quickly will our fan base "fracture" when things don't go as envisioned? What if we get drilled by Iowa or have a near miss with UNI again? Will the fans toss in the towel and say it's no different than the previous regime or will they give it time to get off the ground?
    I just don't see Chizik allowing the UNI game to be close. Call me crazy but if that game is even remotely a game at the half heads will roll in the locker room.