Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

All In? Give to the GridIron Club

money wise, i would like to say i'm "All-In", but I'd be lying. I had a kid this past summer, so season tickets were out for us this year. I instead decided to up my NCC donation to compensate for not purchasing season tix, figuring as long as i gave the same amount of money, that would be good enough.

Well, after Saturdays game, I decided to join the Cyclone Gridiron Club. I just donated $100 to the cause, and hope to see many others join as well.

Membership Form - Cyclone Gridiron Club

it couldn't be any easier, or any better time then now to get on board. I realize that $100 isn't much to the University, but it is to me, and that's really all I can give at this time. Hopefully next year I can give more to both the NCC and the GIC, but time will tell. If we can get 1,000 people to do what i just did-that's $100,000 for the football program.

I urge everyone that reads this to go "All-In", and join the cause. if you are already a member, try and give more.

and please don't turn this into a negative thread about-"well, you're not a true fan if you don't give"-that's not what this is about. i understand times are tough right now and not everyone will be able to give. if you can, please do. if you can't, do when you can. with a young baby on my hands i don't have a lot of spare cash to throw around, but i'm giving what i can.

who's with me?

Last edited by CYVADER; 11-08-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 11

Re: All In? Give to the GridIron Club

Well, I am one of those "true Cyclone fans" because I have already am a member of the Cyclone Gridiron Club.

But I am with you. Heck, even $10 from 1,000 fans is $10,000 -- and every little bit helps.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 91

I was thinking about doing this last week. Thanks for reminding me.

Amount of Donation: $100.00
    Level of Giving: Pigskin

Giving it a go
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 3

I ask this question honestly. Would my donation be better to ISU if I gave to a specific sport or to the general fund?

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by chadm View Post
    I ask this question honestly. Would my donation be better to ISU if I gave to a specific sport or to the general fund?
    i know you're not supposed to answer a question with a question, but why not give to both? i'm a member of the alumni associatioin, the national cyclone club, and now, a member of the gridiron club.

i only joined the GIC today because i can tell we are so close to turning the corner, and maybe my $100 will be a factor.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ISU BET View Post
    money wise, i would like to say i'm "All-In", but I'd be lying. I had a kid this past summer, so season tickets were out for us this year. I instead decided to up my NCC donation to compensate for not purchasing season tix, figuring as long as i gave the same amount of money, that would be good enough.

Well, after Saturdays game, I decided to join the Cyclone Gridiron Club. I just donated $100 to the cause, and hope to see many others join as well.

Membership Form - Cyclone Gridiron Club

it couldn't be any easier, or any better time then now to get on board. I realize that $100 isn't much to the University, but it is to me, and that's really all I can give at this time. Hopefully next year I can give more to both the NCC and the GIC, but time will tell. If we can get 1,000 people to do what i just did-that's $100,000 for the football program.

I urge everyone that reads this to go "All-In", and join the cause. if you are already a member, try and give more.

and please don't turn this into a negative thread about-"well, you're not a true fan if you don't give"-that's not what this is about. i understand times are tough right now and not everyone will be able to give. if you can, please do. if you can't, do when you can. with a young baby on my hands i don't have a lot of spare cash to throw around, but i'm giving what i can.

who's with me?
    I give to the ISU Foundation and earmark my money where I like.....i.e. football, coaches salaries, capital projects, etc. Some (not all) of the good old boys in the Gridiron Club think and act like their **** don't stink, insist on pulling all the strings (and taking credit for it all) and it just rubs me the wrong way. Also, the dinners for the Order of the Knoll are a whole lot better than the cold hotdogs, brats,. etc. the CGC throw together. Think about it.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,167
    Given: 1,025

Probably just depends on the purpose. If your purpose was specifically football-related, the Gridiron Club would be better.
    If it was more scholastically-related (in a direct way), then general giving, or even targeted giving to a specific college/department.

I think it just depends on the giver's goal.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Legend
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 253

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Probably just depends on the purpose. If your purpose was specifically football-related, the Gridiron Club would be better.
    If it was more scholastically-related (in a direct way), then general giving, or even targeted giving to a specific college/department.

I think it just depends on the giver's goal.
    I'd prefer to just donate to the Cyclone Club for athletics, take out a layer of middlemen and also lets Pollard use it where he thinks is best. It's gonna go primarily to Football anyways.

Alumni Association donations don't support anything other than the alumni association itself.

If you want to donate to general/academics, do it through the ISU Foundation, you can be pretty specific about where you want it to go, or just send it to the general fund.

Giving it a go
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    I'd prefer to just donate to the Cyclone Club for athletics, take out a layer of middlemen and also lets Pollard use it where he thinks is best. It's gonna go primarily to Football anyways.

Alumni Association donations don't support anything other than the alumni association itself.

If you want to donate to general/academics, do it through the ISU Foundation, you can be pretty specific about where you want it to go, or just send it to the general fund.
    Does the donation to the GridIronClub count against title IX when donated?

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,655
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post

Truer words have never been spoken. Great take.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Does the donation to the GridIronClub count against title IX when donated?
    Donations have nothing to do with Title IX and vice versa.

Prospect
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I joined the Gridiron Club last week. I've never really donated before. I've had season tickets now for several years, but never donated. After the Texas win, I felt compelled to do more. Hopefully others will decide to do more as well. I realize times can be tough, but every little bit helps. I can't tell you how excited I am for the future of the program.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by rebecacy View Post
    I give to the ISU Foundation and earmark my money where I like.....i.e. football, coaches salaries, capital projects, etc. Some (not all) of the good old boys in the Gridiron Club think and act like their **** don't stink, insist on pulling all the strings (and taking credit for it all) and it just rubs me the wrong way. Also, the dinners for the Order of the Knoll are a whole lot better than the cold hotdogs, brats,. etc. the CGC throw together. Think about it.

Whether you don't get along with CGC leaders or not doesn't mean **** for chadm. CGC is a smarter donation. Incremental dollars above and beyond budget. If you donate $10,000 to foundation and "earmark" it for football, they don't give football an additional $10,000. If you give $10,000 to CGC, football DOES get an additional $10,000. And virtually zero administrative costs and overhead. What percentage does foundation spend on administration and overhead? Exactly.

Starter
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I am a member of the Cyclone Club and Grid Iron Club. I recently donated separately to the renovation fund, after CPR stated how important the new FB only building would be. I don't think this latter donation counts toward the CC, but I wanted to, in my small way, help CPR and the program with facilities.

"I'm proud to lead this program and this team in whatever we do. Whether it's a community service project, or through practice or winning a bowl game, but you don't do that without the kids believing and being all in, and going out there and accomplishing all [of] the goals and expectations that we set." - Coach Paul Rhoads

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    Whether you don't get along with CGC leaders or not doesn't mean **** for chadm. CGC is a smarter donation. Incremental dollars above and beyond budget. If you donate $10,000 to foundation and "earmark" it for football, they don't give football an additional $10,000. If you give $10,000 to CGC, football DOES get an additional $10,000. And virtually zero administrative costs and overhead. What percentage does foundation spend on administration and overhead? Exactly.
    I know exactly where my family's money goes through the foundation....... some of your assumptions are flawed. But you have every right (as I do) to make your contribution choices.