Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 43

Football ticket scams

Last Saturday we needed an extra ticket. And ended up buying one from another individual that was a legitimate ticket. But earlier a scalper was trying to sell us a green band on it that said "ISU vs. Nebraska" and said that it was a "security band" that would get you in the gate. No seat. But it would gain admittance. For $20. I said, "Thanks, but No Thanks." To me, it sounded like a complete scam. And I would rather just buy a hillside rather than take a chance on flushing $20 down the drain.

Anyone been approached by the same type of deal?

Rookie
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Football ticket scams

I for one have never understood why anyone stands outside trice "needing tickets". I always point them in the direction of the ticket office. Seriously, how much money could you have made off the ISU/Kansas game a week ago?

Prospect
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 35

My 11 year old son's basketball team was able to sell programs at the game Saturday. The team got a small cut from the program proceeds and a hillside ticket to the game. The "ticket" was a bright neon locking wristband that had ISU vs. Nebraska printed in bold letters on the band. None of the kids from my group sold a wristband, but a number of organizations are enlisted to sell each week. I suspect that was the situation.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 43

Quote Originally Posted by tplumm View Post
    My 11 year old son's basketball team was able to sell programs at the game Saturday. The team got a small cut from the program proceeds and a hillside ticket to the game. The "ticket" was a bright neon locking wristband that had ISU vs. Nebraska printed in bold letters on the band. None of the kids from my group sold a wristband, but a number of organizations are enlisted to sell each week. I suspect that was the situation.
    I believe that was probably it. Maybe the scalper found it. Who knows? He was claiming it was a Security Band. And that sounded really fishy. Anyway a guy came along and wanted to get rid of a Mini Pack ticket in the Upper Deck on the same side as us for only $35. He said he had just decided to tailgate instead. Much better deal IMO anyway. And much more ethical.