Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Another perspective: One great playmaker

There's no doubt that across the board, Nebraska has superior athletes to ISU. Yet without their best playmaker, we were able to play them even up for more than four quarters. It's not crazy at all to believe that if we can just improve our overall talent level a little bit and find one or two great playmakers, we can be a very good team. Put Jason Berryman and Seneca Wallace on this team and how many games would we win? Eventually we will find a couple of those kind of players.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Another perspective: One great playmaker

I was thinking this myself. Lets just throw out the fact that our 2 best QBs were injured. You've got Green who if im not mistaken was a 5* recruit. That alone should of had the talent to beat a so called untalented cyclone team. But lets even forget that for a moment. We've got Rex Burkhead and Roy Helu Jr who have outstanding explosive game changing ability. 307 yards last week isn't anything to laugh about. But yet the cyclones stopped there playmaking ability. Our defence is quote unquote one of the best in the country. Yet i saw arnaud pile up yard after yard very easily along with robinson. Put all that together and we still should of had enough talent to win the game buy 2 touchdowns. But that didn't happen, why. What makes ISU able to play Nebraska down to the wire 2 years in a row. So what is it. Is nebraska overrated, maybe but there averaging 300 yards of offence per game. Its the ability to take what you have and make it the best it can be. I put a call into soundoff tonight to express just how i felt about the win yesterday. No more pats on the back, no more youll be good someday stuff. You guys are already there. You've got guys who have supposedly no talent being turned around to scrap with the best of the best. Maybe you guys cant hang with the high powered offences of Utah or Oklahoma but that takes time as well. I am very excited to see what the clones can do next year. Your school has had ALOT of positive press in the past few years and im sure it will capitalize into some top notch players.

Starter
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Rhoads teams have something we hadnt had These boys completely and totally believe in him and theirselves!!!! I love the passion !! Its contagious !!

Addict
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 35

I said this before the game. You take out Martinez and Nebraska goes from dominant to average. That wasn't a top 10 team ISU played...I don't even know if it was a top25 team. Martinez adds THAT much. If you don't have to put two guys watching him, the WRs aren't as open and the holes aren't as big for Helu and Burkhead. And without Martinez busting big runs, the D doesn't get to play with a lead. That said, I do think that WITH Martinez, NU is a legit top 10 team and probably the best team in the conference.

For ISU, IMO the talent is underated. Knott and Klein are NFL LBs in three years. Sims will make an NFL roster. So will Franklin, KO and Lamaak. Wouldn't surprise me to see LJ get a shot. ARob too, although he probably won't get drafted. Rhoads just needs to keep doing what he's doing and we'll be just fine.