Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 55

Nebraska players storming the field

So this is probably the 400th reaction to loss post. But one thing I noticed that I didn't see mentioned was Nebraska's reaction to the win. The Husker players all stormed the field. That wasn't an opponent who felt like they just got done playing a conference doormat. I didn't see Pelini's reaction because I was at the game, but to me the players said all they needed too about our program. That's respect. And they feel lucky to get out of Ames with a win. And that was the #7 team in the Nation.

I was crushed and still have an empty feeling but that goes along with goosebumps when I think about this program. Every ounce of me knows that CPR is destined to lead this team to greatness. It may not be this year, or next. But we are in good hands. I've never felt so good about a loss in my life. We left it all out there and I could not be prouder.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Nebraska players storming the field

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerdaddy View Post
    So this is probably the 400th reaction to loss post. But one thing I noticed that I didn't see mentioned was Nebraska's reaction to the win. The Husker players all stormed the field. That wasn't an opponent who felt like they just got done playing a conference doormat. I didn't see Pelini's reaction because I was at the game, but to me the players said all they needed too about our program. That's respect. And they feel lucky to get out of Ames with a win. And that was the #7 team in the Nation.

I was crushed and still have an empty feeling but that goes along with goosebumps when I think about this program. Every ounce of me knows that CPR is destined to lead this team to greatness. It may not be this year, or next. But we are in good hands. I've never felt so good about a loss in my life. We left it all out there and I could not be prouder.
    ISU plays us well most years and definitely in Ames. Your players have a lot of heart and now that CPR is at the reigns, the future looks even brighter for the Cyclones. Best of luck in the future and take the whole Big XII next year!

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Hard fought game, mistakes were equal on both side, of course they are going to storm the field with that kind of ending. Peweenie needs to get a kleenex though before doing interviews. BEAT COLORADO!

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by justcynn View Post
    Hard fought game, mistakes were equal on both side, of course they are going to storm the field with that kind of ending. Peweenie needs to get a kleenex though before doing interviews. BEAT COLORADO!
    Dude . . . I was so like, "Coach!!!!! Wipe your fricken nose!!!!"