Few things

Thread: Few things

Rookie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Few things

Not sure if you will all care to read this or not coming from a Husker fan, but I wanted to share a few thoughts.

1. Here is a great article by Lee Barfknecht of the OWH. He covers the entire Big 12 for the. I think you all will enjoy it. Barfknecht: Rhoads is resourceful and resilient - Omaha.com

2. I will definitely miss playing in Ames every two years. I live in Des Moines and most of our friends are ISU fans. Tailgating in Ames is always a highlight of mine, and we have always had great experiences with ISU fans in Ames before, during and after games regardless of the outcome.

3. About the game yesterday. All I can say is wow! Going into the game I thought Nebraska would play pretty conservatively on offense and have a solid defensive performance. Offensively that went about how I expected, and I'm not disappointed at all. Defensively I thought Nebraska would be able to shut down ISU a little better. During the game I was a little annoyed about Nebraksas lack of ability to stop the ISU offense. However, after I thought about it a little last night and this morning I think Tom Herman deserves a lot of credit. He had a great game plan, kept Nebraska off balance with frequent quick snaps, and they attacked Nebraskas back up corner (Anthony West). Kudos to Herman for a well called game.

4. As for the 2 point attempt. I love the guts shown by Rhoads. The reason so many Nebraska fans fell in love with Tom Osborne is because of his decision to go for 2 against Miami in the Orange Bowl after the 1983 season. The call took guts. They missed the 2 point but it sent a message to the team that they play to win. Ironically, the final score of that 1984 Orange Bowl was 31-30.

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

Re: Few things

Quote Originally Posted by MrReality View Post
    Not sure if you will all care to read this or not coming from a Husker fan, but I wanted to share a few thoughts.

1. Here is a great article by Lee Barfknecht of the OWH. He covers the entire Big 12 for the. I think you all will enjoy it. Barfknecht: Rhoads is resourceful and resilient - Omaha.com

2. I will definitely miss playing in Ames every two years. I live in Des Moines and most of our friends are ISU fans. Tailgating in Ames is always a highlight of mine, and we have always had great experiences with ISU fans in Ames before, during and after games regardless of the outcome.

3. About the game yesterday. All I can say is wow! Going into the game I thought Nebraska would play pretty conservatively on offense and have a solid defensive performance. Offensively that went about how I expected, and I'm not disappointed at all. Defensively I thought Nebraska would be able to shut down ISU a little better. During the game I was a little annoyed about Nebraksas lack of ability to stop the ISU offense. However, after I thought about it a little last night and this morning I think Tom Herman deserves a lot of credit. He had a great game plan, kept Nebraska off balance with frequent quick snaps, and they attacked Nebraskas back up corner (Anthony West). Kudos to Herman for a well called game.

4. As for the 2 point attempt. I love the guts shown by Rhoads. The reason so many Nebraska fans fell in love with Tom Osborne is because of his decision to go for 2 against Miami in the Orange Bowl after the 1983 season. The call took guts. They missed the 2 point but it sent a message to the team that they play to win. Ironically, the final score of that 1984 Orange Bowl was 31-30.
    You'll have to come back some time, as you may have heard, sometimes we play other teams too!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Too bad your trips to Ames will most likely be replaced by trips to the ******** to the East

"Not at the table Carlos."

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

fair assessment... Thanks for posting link to Lee Barfknecht article.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by driegner View Post
    You'll have to come back some time, as you may have heard, sometimes we play other teams too!
    Oh I will. I usually go to one other ISU game a year. But, it's always more fun when your favorite team is involved.

Prospect
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Oh I will. I usually go to one other ISU game a year. But, it's always more fun when your favorite team is involved.
    How about ISU being your fav team and coming up for all the home games? Not difficult to do you know.

Recruit
    Thumbs Up

im a husker and this was my 3rd isu game this year. i saw the uni game as well as the utah game. i love tailgating in ames and i know a lotta cyclones since i live in dm. ill be back to jack trice, and i can cheer for isu now that were in different conferences. good luck in the future isu. youre in good hands.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepop View Post
    How about ISU being your fav team and coming up for all the home games? Not difficult to do you know.
    They are now officially my 2nd favorite team since Nebraska doesn't play them any more. I will still make the 3 hour drive to Lincoln every home game though. I would like to come to all the ISU home games when Nebraska plays on the road, but I think my wife would be none to pleased with me spending even more money on football tailgating and tickets than I already do.

Pro
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 275

why would u not travel with the corn boys?