Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 35

Continuous Improvement

I just feel that this needs to be pointed out. The following is a quote from Coach Rhoads from the Media Day Press Conference on August 4:

"I will talk over and over about how important continuous improvement is to our program in year two," Rhoads said. "Those guys are going to have to improve daily, and they're going to have to improve game by game."

While I may have been a fan for only a short while compared to some posters (26 years), my memories of past ISU teams are teams that played game-to-game. It seems that in the seasons before Rhoads arrived, Cyclone teams would come out treating each game as it's own entity instead of reflecting on what happened in previous games and learning from those experiences.

This team is different, and you can see that the product on the field has improved dramatically since they first went up against Northern Illinois.

It is refreshing to see this team improve right before my eyes, but it is even more reassuring that we now have a Coach who can actually accomplish his goals he set at the beginning of the season.

All-Star
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 587
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Continuous Improvement

Great post...you are exactly right!

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 529
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    I just feel that this needs to be pointed out. The following is a quote from Coach Rhoads from the Media Day Press Conference on August 4:

"I will talk over and over about how important continuous improvement is to our program in year two," Rhoads said. "Those guys are going to have to improve daily, and they're going to have to improve game by game."

While I may have been a fan for only a short while compared to some posters (26 years), my memories of past ISU teams are teams that played game-to-game. It seems that in the seasons before Rhoads arrived, Cyclone teams would come out treating each game as it's own entity instead of reflecting on what happened in previous games and learning from those experiences.

This team is different, and you can see that the product on the field has improved dramatically since they first went up against Northern Illinois.

It is refreshing to see this team improve right before my eyes, but it is even more reassuring that we now have a Coach who can actually accomplish his goals he set at the beginning of the season.

And it makes it that much more important to make a bowl game this year to get extra practice and to keep the ball rolling into next year....

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 17

Back-to-Back Bowl games for CPR
    Jake Knott and AJ Klein
    Lattimer
    KO
    Darks/Money/Sed/Lenz
    Rabbit
    New schedule + weak big 12 south

I think I'll stay tuned for 2011

Starter
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1

This is a point, I think, that can't be overstated. I think we have a coaching staff that knows how to make this team improve over the course of a season. By and large I don't think we saw that with Mac and we certainly didn't see it with Chizik.

And just as importantly, I think we have COACHES who improve as the season goes on. They learn from their mistakes, what works, what doesn't etc., tinkering with things until they get it right.

Pro
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

And if our game-to-game coaching/playing improves, just imagine what will happen with our year-to-year coaching/playing?

I'm suddenly feeling an unquenchable thirst for ............ Kool-Aid.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 405
    Given: 293

In the Oklahoma gamer we were smashed, but it was five yard smashes. The defense has really improved tackling up the middle and along the sidelines. Maybe the Utah game opened our eyes. The missed tackles against Nebraska were few and allowed us to be in position to win. Simms had 13 tackles. He is a major contributor.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.