Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loved the call

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Loved the call

Going through these threads it bugs me when people act like we would have won if we would have kicked the extra point. We could have gotten beat in the 2nd overtime. I loved the call. Go for the win!

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Re: Loved the call

Quote Originally Posted by simesclone View Post
    Going through these threads it bugs me when people act like we would have won if we would have kicked the extra point. We could have gotten beat in the 2nd overtime. I loved the call. Go for the win!
    The BACKUP PUNTER throwing a PASS? Uh, isn't there a pretty good reason why the backup punter isn't the starting quarterback? Or even the fourth-string quarterback? Like, he isn't a very good passer?

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaGuy View Post
    The BACKUP PUNTER throwing a PASS? Uh, isn't there a pretty good reason why the backup punter isn't the starting quarterback? Or even the fourth-string quarterback? Like, he isn't a very good passer?
    I have read all your smack posts this morning.

I would really enjoy seeing you have this same conversation with PBR and any of the team members. I'm sure they would enjoy visiting with you personally . . but in this case, I think you simply have "issues."

Ban hammer coming soon.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 60

CPR just garnered a whole new level of respect and admiration from us all. We lost, and although it sucks I felt a level of pride I haven't felt before. I was grinning ear-to-ear. Holy crap! Did we just play to WIN???

CPR. Those initials are kind of fitting don't you think? He's breathed life back into this program when it was next to being dead. What he's been able to do with these kids is nothing short of incredible.

I have the biggest man-crush on our entire coaching staff right now.

PROUD TO BE ONE! GO STATE!!!

"The difference between keeping what you have all to yourself and coveting what someone else has lies within your willingness to give versus your desire to take"

- temperflare

Speechless
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,287
    Given: 631

Quote Originally Posted by Madclone1 View Post
    I have read all your smack posts this morning.

I would really enjoy seeing you have this same conversation with PBR and any of the team members. I'm sure they would enjoy visiting with you personally . . but in this case, I think you simply have "issues."

Ban hammer coming soon.
    What does really bad beer have to do with this?

(I agree though. My guess in an NU fan)

Walk On
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by temperflare View Post
    CPR just garnered a whole new level of respect and admiration from us all. We lost, and although it sucks I felt a level of pride I haven't felt before. I was grinning ear-to-ear. Holy crap! Did we just play to WIN???

CPR. Those initials are kind of fitting don't you think? He's breathed life back into this program when it was next to being dead. What he's been able to do with these kids is nothing short of incredible.

I have the biggest man-crush on our entire coaching staff right now.

PROUD TO BE ONE! GO STATE!!!

Completly Agree! Just watching coach on the side lines got me excited. Who would not want to come play for this guy!

Rookie
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1

Right call, wrong call, right player, wrong player....who cares?

With CPR, our Cyclones are in better hands than any coach since Johnny Majors. He made the call not on a hunch, but based on what he saw on film. He made the call early and stuck with it. And rather than throw the kid under the bus who didn't execute up to expectations, he said he would do it again.

I for one couldn't be prouder of the way our team played. Honor before Victory! They did us all proud yesterday.

Walk On
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

I also loved the call. It didn't work, but it also had less to do with Nebraska and more to do with us.

I wasn't at the game, but it looked pretty windy, although you would never know it reading AP stories about the game. To me, the wind stopped that pass. Otherwise, our guy was open.

And it's refreshing to play for the win and to have a chance to win against a ranked team. Consider our depth compared to Nebraska's--our starting center was gimpy and had left the game, the quarterback was gimpy--even if we make the extra point, we have to go right back out there and do it again in the 2nd overtime.

Great game, sucks to lose the game, the chance at a title--but a great game and I for one am proud of our team and coach--we are lucky to have them!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 542

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaGuy View Post
    And you joined CycloneFanatic just yesterday so that you could post that? Cute.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 542

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    I also loved the call. It didn't work, but it also had less to do with Nebraska and more to do with us.

I wasn't at the game, but it looked pretty windy, although you would never know it reading AP stories about the game. To me, the wind stopped that pass. Otherwise, our guy was open.

And it's refreshing to play for the win and to have a chance to win against a ranked team. Consider our depth compared to Nebraska's--our starting center was gimpy and had left the game, the quarterback was gimpy--even if we make the extra point, we have to go right back out there and do it again in the 2nd overtime.

Great game, sucks to lose the game, the chance at a title--but a great game and I for one am proud of our team and coach--we are lucky to have them!
    Some good points there. Also, on the overtime touchdown pass-our starting center, Ben Lamaak left the game and my man, Alex Alvarez slid into center without missing a beat and held down the middle of the line while Austen threw the touchdown pass. Way to go Alex!!! You are a winner on the field and a winner in life!!!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3

Loved the call. So happy we played aggressive and put the game in our team's hands with the game on the line. Don't take a chance with what could go wrong in the second OT, finish it right now on this play. Gutsy call, we finally have a coach with some serious balls, and I love it! GO CYCLONES!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

Rhoads had a winning season in year 1. He is poised to have a shot at a winning season in year 2. A season that has included OU/Texas and countless top ranked teams. He has wins @NU and @Texas. Coached his way to what should have been another win over NU. He has motivated the team after big losses when it looked as if the team was left for dead. There is not another coach that has done that for ISU.

And there are still armchair jerkoffs questioning him. The man clearly knows how to coach. He has fooled plenty with well-timed fakes. They have been well executed. This one time, another smart fake, the team didn't execute. That's it, nothing more.

We could go back to the coaching style of playing not to lose. Everyone hated that and complained about it. Now that we have a coach with the style we want - babies still cry. The risk taking won't always pay off - get used to it. But there will also be games in which it will work and propel us to victory (Tech, Texas).

So far this is about the only time it has not worked for Rhoads all season. IMO, that's a pretty good success rate.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 332

Perfect call. It was wide open.

Bad pass thats it.

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,112
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 58

I liked the call because it might have been our best odds of winning. As you said, tying it and going into double OT, doesn't guarantee anything. We are at a disadvantage right off the bat on OT because of our kicker vs theirs. With that said, I liked the call.

Unfortunately, it was a not so great pass, to an open receiver.

Addict
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 49

I loved the call as well. As a matter of fact the thought floated through my head he might try it about 5 seconds before it happened.

I don't think we win an endurance game that OT's represent against Nebraska. Go for the kill quick.

Impressive game by the Cyclones. Nobody gave us a chance to go as far as we did.

I don't believe in moral victories, but I love the fact we're playing competive football, especially on a national stage like yesterday.

Good luck Nebraska. I have a feeling the road is going to be much tougher for you in the Big 10/12...