Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 100,451, Level: 98
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,359
    Points
    100,451
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4

    Updated Bowl Projections

    College Football Bowls - CBSSports.com

    Still has ISU in New Mexico Bowl. They have Texas in the Dallas Classic which is a big assumption. Texas is going to have to beat Okie State or A&M at home to get bowl eligible.

    If Texas doesn't get 6 wins, Texas Tech slides in at the Dallas Classic. That means ISU is still in the at-large pool, unless ISU jumps someone.

    Even if Texas does get 6 wins, no way Texas Tech doesn't go to the New Mexico Bowl if they are available. That might put us in the Birmingham Bowl. Liberty Bowl is gone with the SEC filling all of its slots.

    CBS is also missing Toledo who will most likely end up at 7-5 and must be selected over any 6 win team.

    Root against Texas big time.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 51,072, Level: 69
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Drive4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    972
    Posts
    5,541
    Points
    51,072
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 42

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    I can't see Texas making a bowl game. No way do they beat OK State and with the heat of the rivalry I can't imagine them beating a hungry A&M team.

    I don't see the Pac 10 filling all their bowl spots so we could possibly squeeze in there if needed.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 33,529, Level: 56
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    isuforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,700
    Points
    33,529
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 137

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    We win out, 7 wins, good bowl , just do it!



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,269, Level: 62
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bondurant, IA
    Posts
    3,598
    Points
    41,269
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Geezzzz...This is why I am so ticked about last night. Texas and OU got smoked. Mizzou got beat. We could have beaten Nebraska. We would have been rolling and had a legit shot of playing in the title game against someone other than OU and Texas. Not saying we would win, but you can't ask for anything better than that.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 17,356, Level: 40
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LivntheCyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    717
    Points
    17,356
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Quote Originally Posted by CyForPresident View Post
    CBS is also missing Toledo who will most likely end up at 7-5 and must be selected over any 6 win team.
    I heard from somebody that this rule was done away with and doesn't apply this year. Anybody know if this is true?



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 173,769, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,608
    Points
    173,769
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 0

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Quote Originally Posted by HandSanitizer View Post
    Geezzzz...This is why I am so ticked about last night. Texas and OU got smoked. Mizzou got beat. We could have beaten Nebraska. We would have been rolling and had a legit shot of playing in the title game against someone other than OU and Texas. Not saying we would win, but you can't ask for anything better than that.
    This.

    With a win last night, the Big 12 Championship was seriously within reach. At least as good of a shot as we may ever get?

    And that's why it was NOT just another game.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,808, Level: 60
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,063
    Points
    38,808
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    wow, if this team goes 7-5 and has to play in the New Mexico Bowl, ugh



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 81,589, Level: 88
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,768
    Points
    81,589
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 0

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Quote Originally Posted by CyForPresident View Post
    College Football Bowls - CBSSports.com

    Still has ISU in New Mexico Bowl. They have Texas in the Dallas Classic which is a big assumption. Texas is going to have to beat Okie State or A&M at home to get bowl eligible.

    If Texas doesn't get 6 wins, Texas Tech slides in at the Dallas Classic. That means ISU is still in the at-large pool, unless ISU jumps someone.

    Even if Texas does get 6 wins, no way Texas Tech doesn't go to the New Mexico Bowl if they are available. That might put us in the Birmingham Bowl. Liberty Bowl is gone with the SEC filling all of its slots.

    CBS is also missing Toledo who will most likely end up at 7-5 and must be selected over any 6 win team.

    Root against Texas big time.
    I thought that this was only within conference. If someone from their conference ended up 6-6, then they had to be picked over Toledo. I don't know if this is the case for the at large pool as well.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 173,769, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,608
    Points
    173,769
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 0

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    wow, if this team goes 7-5 and has to play in the New Mexico Bowl, ugh
    Again... the importance of yesterday's loss cannot be understated. It might be the difference between playing in a BCS bowl and the New Mexico Bowl.

    I understand playing to win... but that's not what we did. We knelt down with 40 secs left with our tails between our legs. That is fact. If Rhoads is so "gutsy", he should have given his offense the chance to win it in regulation. Just my opinion.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,497, Level: 67
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,507
    Points
    47,497
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 2

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Just an FYI we cannot go to the New Mexico Bowl since it is during/right after finals



  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 14,457, Level: 36
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    479
    Points
    14,457
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 15

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    wow, if this team goes 7-5 and has to play in the New Mexico Bowl, ugh
    We will not be in the New Mexico Bowl if we go 7-5.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,808, Level: 60
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,063
    Points
    38,808
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Quote Originally Posted by every_yard View Post
    We will not be in the New Mexico Bowl if we go 7-5.
    really???? please explain who we will be passing in the Big XII standings to get us to a better bowl?



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,808, Level: 60
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,063
    Points
    38,808
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Again... the importance of yesterday's loss cannot be understated. It might be the difference between playing in a BCS bowl and the New Mexico Bowl.

    I understand playing to win... but that's not what we did. We knelt down with 40 secs left with our tails between our legs. That is fact. If Rhoads is so "gutsy", he should have given his offense the chance to win it in regulation. Just my opinion.
    let it go, its over



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 277,879, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,534
    Points
    277,879
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 16

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    really???? please explain who we will be passing in the Big XII standings to get us to a better bowl?
    Were you in a coma last year?



  15. #15
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,461, Level: 23
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    242
    Points
    6,461
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: Updated Bowl Projections

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    I thought that this was only within conference. If someone from their conference ended up 6-6, then they had to be picked over Toledo. I don't know if this is the case for the at large pool as well.
    Huh?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM