Starter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

We are paying attention

So I have not posted here for about 6 to 7 months but I read every once in a while. I, along with about 3000 NG soldiers have been preparing and training for our deployment to here, Afghanistan. But after the NEB game I have to say WOW! This team has blown our expectations out of the water.
    We don't get to see the games but we pay attention to the stats and scores and we are very proud of how ISU has been playing this year.
    Last year everyone figured ISU would not be able to win but 4 games. and look what has happened. Beating teams that no one thought we would. Winning games they should. Yes there was a rocky start but boy one game from a possible bowl is awsome. We have plenty of Hawk lovers here to who are holding their breaths for ISU. If any one knows any players please let them know how proud we are talking about them and bragging on the state of Iowa and our three great schools.
    BTW we have a BN from NE also with us. They were impressed with how well ISU played. Thanks guys

Last edited by randallhatfield; 11-07-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: We are paying attention

Quote Originally Posted by randallhatfield View Post
    So I ahve not posted here for about 6 to 7 months but I read every once in a while. I, along with about 3000 NG soldiers have been preparing and training for our deployment to here, Afghanistan. But after the NEB game I have to say WOW! This team has blow our expectations out of the water.
    We don't get to see the games but we pay attention to the stats and scores and we are very proud to ISU play as well as they have this year.
    Last year everyone figured ISU would not be able to win but 4 games. and look what has happened. Beating teams that no one thought we would. Winning games they should. Yes there was a rocky start but boy one game from a possible bowl is awsome. We have plenty of Hawk lovers here to who are holding their breaths for ISU. If any one knows any players please let them know how proud we are talking about them and bragging on the state of Iowa and their three great schools.
    BTW we have BN from NE also with us. They were impressed with how well ISU played. Thanks guys
    good to hear from you - be proud and be safe

Prospect
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Randall, i too am a vet, and I thank you for your service. Stay safe and defend others while doing your job over there. I have a son who plays on the team and I will let him know that there are people in a far away land watching and caring for what they do.

Pro
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,392
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 157
    Given: 454

I pray hard for the Cyclones and even harder for our military. Thank you for your service. God speed.

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepop View Post
    Randall, i too am a vet, and I thank you for your service. Stay safe and defend others while doing your job over there. I have a son who plays on the team and I will let him know that there are people in a far away land watching and caring for what they do.
    I will add that there are many people here that care very much what you do in that far away land - stay safe Randall and be proud because I can certainly say I am proud of you and all the others that serve in our nation's military.