Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 74

Some are just never happy.

First off yes it sucks ISU lost this game today. Many didnt pick this team to win 3 games this season and yet in Nov they are playing for something. This program has came so far from were it was 2 years ago. For an ISU team to be have that chance to be in any game it plays in is something that we have never seen in my lifetime. To have a coach that is a perfect fit, that can take things to the next level, that goes for it when everything is on the line, that gets his team to play hard everydown is what we wanted when Mac was let go, we have that now. Now that isnt good enough.

I guess some liked the days of getting beat 65-7 to Neb, winning 2 or 3 games a year, the team givin up when it got down 14 pts, that mailed the 2nd half of the season in, that didnt play hard every down. I really think if ISU were to win a BCS game some fans would be mad about something after that game.

Granted things are not perfect for Cyclone FB but we have came a long ways and that is something to be proud of.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 81

Re: Some are just never happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Granted things are not perfect for Cyclone FB but we have came a long ways and that is something to be proud of.
    I'll continue to say it:

After losing to three top-10 opponents earlier this season by a combined 155-34 score, this team was damn impressive and showed they took a step forward today by going toe-to-toe with Nebraska.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Whatever Natty Championship or burn!!! (Sarcasm)

Starter
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 650
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

Youre right I wouldn't say I am happy. I am however damn proud to be cyclone right now.

I hope in two to three years we have the guys and the attitude to pull this win off. I think CPR is a hell of a coach. If the athletes get 20% better we will be awesome.

Walk On
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    First off yes it sucks ISU lost this game today. Many didnt pick this team to win 3 games this season and yet in Nov they are playing for something. This program has came so far from were it was 2 years ago. For an ISU team to be have that chance to be in any game it plays in is something that we have never seen in my lifetime. To have a coach that is a perfect fit, that can take things to the next level, that goes for it when everything is on the line, that gets his team to play hard everydown is what we wanted when Mac was let go, we have that now. Now that isnt good enough.

I guess some liked the days of getting beat 65-7 to Neb, winning 2 or 3 games a year, the team givin up when it got down 14 pts, that mailed the 2nd half of the season in, that didnt play hard every down. I really think if ISU were to win a BCS game some fans would be mad about something after that game.

I couldn't agree with you more. We have taken HUGE strides forward in this program and we've got the coach we needed. I have even more respect for CPR today and the rest of this football team. That was one hell of a gutsy performance by our young men out there - they played their hearts out, and I am proud as hell of the team and the coaches for what they did today. Yes, this loss hurts like hell because we were SO close to winning, but when was the last time this team was actually in a ball game with a top 10 team, especially down by 14 going into the last quarter?