Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 0

Definition of a Cyclone fan

Does the definition of a Cyclone fan include being happy about close losses? It must.

I'm getting ripped on here because I'm upset that we just lost a game we should have won. I'm hearing all kinds of stuff.... "c'mon, it's just a game".... or.... "hey, we played toe-to-toe with a top 10 team"... or... "all you do is complain when we lose games".

I'm sorry. I've been a Cyclone fan for over 30 years. I graduated from ISU. I've been through all the pain of being a Cyclone fan. But I'm still here, and die hard as ever.

I just want so badly for us to turn the corner. I want us to win, just like everyone else. I'm tired of accepting mediocrity. I'm getting tired of being thrilled just to win 6 games and get into a meaningless bowl game. Today was another chance to take a HUGE step forward.

I'm sick to death of how we lost. And I'm not happy about it. Sorry if that offends you. These kids and coaches deserve the best. They don't deserve this kind of bad luck. I'm sure they are all ticked off about it too. Or do you think Austen Arnaud, ARob, David Sims, Jake Knott, AJ Klein, etc are just happy we hung with Nebraska? I'm sure they are not. And me either.

It's time we start to expect more IMO. I'm tired of settling.

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Definition of a Cyclone fan

Because none of us have ever been Cyclone fans, right?

None of us are happy, but we just as easily could have won the game with that play call at the end, and apparently you're the only one that can't see that.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 142

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Does the definition of a Cyclone fan include being happy about close losses? It must.

I'm getting ripped on here because I'm upset that we just lost a game we should have won. I'm hearing all kinds of stuff.... "c'mon, it's just a game".... or.... "hey, we played toe-to-toe with a top 10 team"... or... "all you do is complain when we lose games".

I'm sorry. I've been a Cyclone fan for over 30 years. I graduated from ISU. I've been through all the pain of being a Cyclone fan. But I'm still here, and die hard as ever.

I just want so badly for us to turn the corner. I want us to win, just like everyone else. I'm tired of accepting mediocrity. I'm getting tired of being thrilled just to win 6 games and get into a meaningless bowl game. Today was another chance to take a HUGE step forward. Start by giving it a rest.

I'm sick to death of how we lost. And I'm not happy about it. Sorry if that offends you. These kids and coaches deserve the best. They don't deserve this kind of bad luck. I'm sure they are all ticked off about it too. Or do you think Austen Arnaud, ARob, David Sims, Jake Knott, AJ Klein, etc are just happy we hung with Nebraska? I'm sure they are not. And me either.

Start by giving it a rest.

Last edited by Rural; 11-06-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: incomplete message

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyAddict View Post
    Because none of us have ever been Cyclone fans, right?
    I didn't say that anywhere... did I? No.

Everyone just says... hey... we're headed in the right direction. Which is true, but c'mon... you only get so many chances.

We've always been happy just to show the world that we can hang with people sometimes. When we lose games like this... I'm mad. Sorry.

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 6

You think those guys would be happy with your negative focus on a coach they obviously play their hearts out for? And decisions made that put us in a position to win in OT? You pay lip service to it,but I haven't seen you say Jack **** specific other than one series and one call that you didn't care for.

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I didn't say that anywhere... did I? No.

Everyone just says... hey... we're headed in the right direction. Which is true, but c'mon... you only get so many chances.

We've always been happy just to show the world that we can hang with people sometimes. When we lose games like this... I'm mad. Sorry.
    I edited my post, but we could have just as easily won with that call, in fact, it probably works at least 8 out of 10 times. You think we played to lose? No, grow up and go complain somewhere else.

Starter
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 13

I just want so badly for us to turn the corner. I want us to win, just like everyone else. I'm tired of accepting mediocrity. I'm getting tired of being thrilled just to win 6 games and get into a meaningless bowl game. Today was another chance to take a HUGE step forward.

I don't think people blame you for being upset, but this is a legitimate top ten team no matter the quarterback. Yes we lost in OT, but we came back just to get there and we lost because we went for the win....which I loved.

In this loss, its not so gloom and doom for me.

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 6

You're mad, you want somebodys head or something as compensation? What do you want exactly, to incessantly ***** and moan here until history changes?

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Prospect
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

DUDE:

I agree with you....to many heartbreaks!

We played a hell of a game and I agree with the call at the end of the game. Bottom line is.....WE STILL LOST!

and.........

would it SHOCK any of you if we lose at CU???

Not me..........

Starter
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 7

I wanted a pat there too, but I cannot complain. We came from back from a 14 pts down in the 4th qtr. The kids and coaches gave it there all and I just tip my cap at the effort. It is depressing we lost today, but the sun will come up in the morning.

On the bright side, we get an extra hour at the bar tonight. Thank you daylight savings time!

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Clonedude, you're making everybody on here hate you, and it's embarrassing. If not for me, do it for yourself, but please stop, it's getting painful to watch.

Rookie
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm getting ripped on here because I'm upset that we just lost a game...
    Stop right there. No one is ripping you because you are upset that we lost the game. Everyone is upset when you give a game away like that.
    It is your fit about the last call that people disagree with.

Pro
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 26

You need to do everyone, including yourself, a favor and go watch the post game interview that CPR gave. The kids knew they were going for it if they got in that situation.

"Its time to roll up our sleeves, put on our hard hats and go to work together"

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Answer this question honestly: Before the game, what did you expect the outcome to be? Did you expect us to win? Did you expect us to take it to overtime and lose by 1 point?

Now, I'm guessing if you had your head on your shoulders, you didn't expect a win. And certainly not one a loss like we had. For me, it's all about expectations. I was happy going into the second half tied. I was happy that we hung with Nebbie. I was happy that we were able to stay close. If you honestly expect us to win every game and every close game, you are just not realistic and that's your own problem. Realize that we played a hell of a game, we came close to winning, but we didn't. That's why people are getting upset with you.

Addict
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 87

You are one of the few on here making any sense tonight. I can't believe people are happy about "keeping it close". This is the type of attitude that needs to change. Pollard recognized that when he first showed up, and fans are still this way. So to those who are smiling after this game, don't you want more than moral victories? As Pollard said, Why not ISU?

*** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***