Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 644
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

OT- Most mad you've seen/been at a golf course?

Today I double-bogied a par 3 and launched my pitching wedge about 90 feet in the air then I took a full swing at a ball with my putter and hit it about 75 yards.

Got me thinking about the most angry I've seen a person. Once I saw a guy throw a whole bag of clubs in a lake.

How about you guys?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,272
    Given: 629

Re: OT- Most mad you've seen/been at a golf course?

Quite a while ago, I bought a nice driver with a graphite shaft, right before a vacation to Minnesota. I wasn't hitting it well, but decided that I would take it out on a particularly picturesque hole with an elevated teebox, and I decided I was going to use that thing until I got used to it. First drive went left into a pond. Second drive went right into the cornfield. Third drive back in the pond. Fourth and fifth drives right into the cornfield. I calmly put it back into my bag, then twisted the head of it sideways and broke it off, leaving nice little graphite splinters in the web of my hand between my thumb and index finger for the rest of the round.

I'm normally a pretty calm golfer. I've seen a lot of people throwing clubs, and cussing so hard that they drool on themselves. Generally it's a lot more fun to play with someone who is calm.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 258
    Given: 35

I used to get pretty mad playing golf, but now I only play when it is a company sponsored event, so I have to keep it in check. And besides I used to be pretty good, now I really suck. I kept all my bad tendencies and lost all my good ones.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The most mad I got was when a guy behind me hit the ball off the tee when I was 50 yards from the tee box when the course was bottle-necked at a par three. So, when I arrived at his ball, I calmly lined up, and hit it back the way it came (it didn't make the green). He started cussing at me for hitting another players ball, so I told him he should have waited until I was off the green to tee off. He then threw my bag across the green, so I grabbed my wedge, and chipped another ball at him, hitting him in the back. Since then, I've been barred from that course in Dubuque.

"Seven minutes to glory."

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Not a golf player, but while I was in graduate school I tried to support myself with online poker. I actually made quite a bit doing it, but learned I didn't have the temperment for the big swings of the game. On a particularly bad night I threw a folding chair Bobby Knight style across my office and did quite a bit of damage to the wall.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 698
    Given: 480

I'm usually the calm one in my circle of golfing buddies (I'm also the worst by far). But this one day I could not hit a ball straight to save my life. On a particular par 3 I "topped" a ball with my 7 Iron and sent it right, and topped it again on my next two subsequent swings. I was so livid I chucked that thing and nearly got caught about 30 feet up into the tree I threw it at. Later on I would have been ****** about losing the club, but at that moment I just didn't care.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Walk On
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 13

I used to go through a lot of putters, but have managed to check my temper the past few years. Well, at least I don't break clubs anymore. We were playing in league one night and I was playing a buddy and I finally lost my cool on the 6th hole. I 3-putted for the 3rd time that night and that was it. I calmly asked if he minded if I borrowed his putter for the last 3 holes? He said sure and shortly thereafter 2 halves of a putter flew into the corn field.

My favorite story though is our (normally very very calm) friend who let the pressure of a city tourney get to him. He was mad already cuz we always insist on playing for money, and he was down big. We were on the 14th hole, a long par 5 with some water. Anyway, he hit a 180 yard drive, which ****** him off, but at least he was in the fairway. He grabbed a 3 wood (still 350 out) and sliced it straight OB. The OB was about 30 yards to our right.

At this point he doesn't care if people care. He is ******. He is swearing -"I don't know why I even try this **$ 3 wood, I never hit the *%*% thing worth a *$*$". He swings again, hits it OB. At this point we can't even look, cuz it's, well, funny by now! He says again (as he's lining up his shot) -"I shouldn't even hit this *$*$ 3 wood, I should hit a 9 iron, it's the only damn thing I can hit straight, I don't care if it's 800 *%*% yards out!" He stop, looks up, says -"I think I WILL! I'll hit a $*$ 9 iron, $*$*! He goes and grabs his 9 iron. And I swear to God he shanks it straight right and OB again. The other 3 of us couldn't take it and all rolled off our carts laughing our ***** off. I don't even remember how the rest of the round went, it was an instant classic...

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 633
    Given: 571

I'm not proud of this, but when I was younger, I was so mad I drive my whole club head into the green and ripped up dirt

@RandomGeoFacts

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    The most mad I got was when a guy behind me hit the ball off the tee when I was 50 yards from the tee box when the course was bottle-necked at a par three. So, when I arrived at his ball, I calmly lined up, and hit it back the way it came (it didn't make the green). He started cussing at me for hitting another players ball, so I told him he should have waited until I was off the green to tee off. He then threw my bag across the green, so I grabbed my wedge, and chipped another ball at him, hitting him in the back. Since then, I've been barred from that course in Dubuque.
    I'd consider you a pretty calm person. If someone teed off towards me on a par 3 and then threw my bag of clubs, I'd probably take my driver to his head.

All-Star
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

If anyone touched my clubs, I would take my divot fixer to their eye balls.....

One time there were 2 guys that were slow as crap and wouldn't let us play through the whole day. So, on the par 4 15th, when they were approx. 270 yards out on the right hand side of the fairway I hit my tee shot. Although I aimed right at them I didn't plan on hitting them because I draw the ball pretty consistently. This time however, the ball went straight as an arrow. Their cart didn't have a roof on it and the ball was headed right for them so me and my buddies were standing with our jaws dropped thinking "no way". We were all hoping they would speed up the cart and out run my ball but the dumbies slowed down and sure enough, my ball landed smack dab inbetween them on the floor of the cart. It scared the passenger so bad he jumped up in the air and went flying out of the cart. He rolled so much it looked like he was practicing stop, drop and roll from the 2nd grade. We laughed so hard we were in tears. We approached them. I apologized saying I didn't think I would hit it that far (although I knew I would) and they let us play through. I wish I had a video camera that day so I could win $$$ on Americas Funniest Home Videos...............

King James

Rookie
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Watched a buddy of mine who sucked at golf 4 putt a hole that was on the edge of a break. He holed the putt, gouged his putter in the hole to extract the ball then dropped it on the green and took a full swing at it. Probably the best swing he had all day. It looked like a well struck lob wedge. The divot he left in the green was probably 18 inches long and an inch or two deep. I have never been so mad at someone in my life. I get mad but never do damage to the course. The ranger caught up to us 4 holes later and questioned him about it. He just said that the green was jacked up when we got there. I slinked into the port-o-john to keep from lying about the situation. I am guessing that the Ranger had a good idea who caused the damage after getting up to the group in front of us. I've never golfed with that guy again.

Cy Created by MC Doder

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I was playing in a company golf tournament with my wife and two upper level employee's. The 3rd green was very pitched with the hole placement on the side of a hill. I hit three good puts and they each returned to my feet. I finally got a ball to sit next to the hole and finished with a quad. I then proceeded to 1) throw the ball in the woods 2) throw my putter in the woods, and 3) a move that I had not seen before, throw the flagstick in the woods. Pretty good work, especially as I was an intern trying to get a job.........I did end up getting a job.

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I watched Happy Gilmore about a week ago.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

I used to get really torqued on the course when I'd be playing poorly. Then I realized a few things...

- I'm far from a good golfer and that won't change unless I spend a ton of money and time on the course.
    - It's supposed to be fun!
    - When I get mad I start playing worse.
    - Why throw clubs I spent good money on?

So, I stopped getting ****** on the course. Sure, now and then after a really dumb shot I won't be smiling, yet I'm not getting nearly overworked as I did in the past.

I'm playing better and enjoying it a lot more.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 781

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I used to get really torqued on the course when I'd be playing poorly. Then I realized a few things...

- I'm far from a good golfer and that won't change unless I spend a ton of money and time on the course.
    - It's supposed to be fun!
    - When I get mad I start playing worse.
    - Why throw clubs I spent good money on?

So, I stopped getting ****** on the course. Sure, now and then after a really dumb shot I won't be smiling, yet I'm not getting nearly overworked as I did in the past.

I'm playing better and enjoying it a lot more.
    good points. My golf teacher says this about how to act on a course.

1) Have fun.
    2) Be fun to be with.
    3) Follow all the rules of golf.

If you have temper tantrums on the course you are not any fun to be with and remember, your last shot doesn't mean anything... but your next shot does. so let the last one go.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep