Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 140,062, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    ruxCYtable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,062
    Points
    140,062
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,217
    Given: 1,127

    Props to Eric Heft

    Pete Taylor was one of my idols growing up. In fact, I once dreamed of succeeding him as the voice of the Cyclones. I loved listening to him and in recent years have developed a similar fondness for John.

    But is there any better "2nd fiddle" than Eric Heft? Steady, calm, insightful, friendly...there aren't enough adjectives. I'd think even the most die-hard Cyclone-hater would have a hard time disliking Eric. I've never met the man, but I feel like I know him.

    Here's to you, Eric Heft. Nobody does it better.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 47,553, Level: 67
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 797
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ca4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Central IA
    Posts
    2,249
    Points
    47,553
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 326

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    Pete Taylor was one of my idols growing up. In fact, I once dreamed of succeeding him as the voice of the Cyclones. I loved listening to him and in recent years have developed a similar fondness for John.

    But is there any better "2nd fiddle" than Eric Heft? Steady, calm, insightful, friendly...there aren't enough adjectives. I'd think even the most die-hard Cyclone-hater would have a hard time disliking Eric. I've never met the man, but I feel like I know him.

    Here's to you, Eric Heft. Nobody does it better.
    I agree completely. He's knows hoops and football very well and does a great job of breaking down the action. It's a compliment to him that he was/is a great pairing with two different pbp men. I'm a big fan of Eric Heft.



  3. #3
    Publisher
    Points: 1,019,023, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    18,573
    Points
    1,019,023
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,729
    Given: 755

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    Eric is the man. He'll join Tron Smith and I on our pregame show this Saturday at noon on 1460 KXNO.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 62,705, Level: 77
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,364
    Points
    62,705
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 17

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, great guy, and even remembered who I was.

    I imagine it is pretty rare this day and age having the same guy do color for both football and basketball.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 102,478, Level: 99
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,235
    Points
    102,478
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 426
    Given: 271

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Eric is the man. He'll join Tron Smith and I on our pregame show this Saturday at noon on 1460 KXNO.
    Hey Chris, is there a podcast this week?



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 42,670, Level: 63
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    burn587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,797
    Points
    42,670
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 198

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    Pete Taylor was one of my idols growing up. In fact, I once dreamed of succeeding him as the voice of the Cyclones. I loved listening to him and in recent years have developed a similar fondness for John.

    But is there any better "2nd fiddle" than Eric Heft? Steady, calm, insightful, friendly...there aren't enough adjectives. I'd think even the most die-hard Cyclone-hater would have a hard time disliking Eric. I've never met the man, but I feel like I know him.

    Here's to you, Eric Heft. Nobody does it better.
    I like Eric for basketball, but he's not very good in the booth for football. I'd much rather have Ben up in the booth as the color commentator.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 18,342, Level: 41
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cysocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    770
    Points
    18,342
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    A cyclone legend...



  8. #8
    Publisher
    Points: 1,019,023, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    18,573
    Points
    1,019,023
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,729
    Given: 755

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Hey Chris, is there a podcast this week?
    Yes. Brent and I are recording tonight at 5:30. Kind of a crazy week schedule wise between the two of us. Sorry it is so late in the week.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 29,065, Level: 52
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    isugcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waverly
    Posts
    1,636
    Points
    29,065
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 402

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    Quote Originally Posted by burn587 View Post
    I like Eric for basketball, but he's not very good in the booth for football. I'd much rather have Ben up in the booth as the color commentator.
    Few things in life are perfect, it seems like everything could use a few tweaks. I come to CF everyday, and honestly spend more hours on the internet at this site than any other. In spite of how great it has become in the last 18 months, there are things I think could improve.

    However, THERE IS NOTHING I would change about Cyclone Radio Network, it is honestly perfect in my opinion. I will be sad the day any one of the commentors retire or move on. So I whole-heartedly disagree with the above statement. Everything should remain exactly as it is. It is PERFECT.



  10. #10
    Prospect
    Points: 4,639, Level: 19
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    19
    Points
    4,639
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    I can almost guess what he will say after the first basketball game.
    1. Talk about what it means to be a cyclone.
    2. Talk about what it means to play for coach Hoiberg.
    3. Talk about what it means to play in hilton.
    4. Talk about what it means to get the first game out of way.
    5. Talk about what (insert player name) means to this team.

    I just find it amusing he always starts with "Talk about what it means ..."

    But I listen to him after every game and will continue to do so.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 61,889, Level: 77
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,760
    Points
    61,889
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 235
    Given: 2

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    I once told Eric that he had my fantasy job. He laughed and said he truly loves being the color commentator for the Cyclone network, but he also mentioned that it's not all glamor - like those long trips back home in the middle of a cold winter night from some exotic location like Waco or Lubbock after a tough loss.

    For an ex-basketball player, I'm very impressed with Eric's football knowledge. There's no other color commentator I'd rather listen to.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 88,604, Level: 92
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 746
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BBHMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,226
    Points
    88,604
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,250
    Given: 2,306

    Re: Props to Eric Heft

    Quote Originally Posted by isugcs View Post
    Few things in life are perfect, it seems like everything could use a few tweaks. I come to CF everyday, and honestly spend more hours on the internet at this site than any other. In spite of how great it has become in the last 18 months, there are things I think could improve.

    However, THERE IS NOTHING I would change about Cyclone Radio Network, it is honestly perfect in my opinion. I will be sad the day any one of the commentors retire or move on. So I whole-heartedly disagree with the above statement. Everything should remain exactly as it is. It is PERFECT.
    I completely agree. Let's hope it never gets old for either of them.


    Cy has balls of steel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM