Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 57

VLOG: Tempering expectations

Tim Sitzmann from Mr. B (1995 NW 86th St. in Clive) on expectations for the men's basketball season. Plus, Tim is going to the big game on Saturday! Enjoy this week's VLOG..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uptTjWMftFM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - VLOG: Tempering expectations[/ame]

Pro
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

Re: VLOG: Tempering expectations

Chris, have you heard anything official yet from university peeps regarding Clone Zone broadcasts for basketball games? I know the last official word was that the flooding knocked out their capability to do this & that they were still waiting on some of the hardware required to arrive/be installed. I'm just curious if you've heard of any sort of timeline on when they think they might have this done.

Edit: So I just checked the M hoops schedule section on Cyclones.com and they now have live video links up for tomorrow's exhibition as well as the Northern AZ game. Dare I hope that this means that Clone Zone is back?!?!

Last edited by shagcarpetjesus; 11-04-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Publisher
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by shagcarpetjesus View Post
    Chris, have you heard anything official yet from university peeps regarding Clone Zone broadcasts for basketball games? I know the last official word was that the flooding knocked out their capability to do this & that they were still waiting on some of the hardware required to arrive/be installed. I'm just curious if you've heard of any sort of timeline on when they think they might have this done.
    I haven't heard anything but I will send off an email about this right now. I'll get back to you.

Publisher
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Here's what I got back from Iowa State. They are on it.

“We’re doing a free soft-launch this weekend as our normal Clone Zone setup in Hilton is still adversely affected by the flood, due to the fact videoboards are still not functional. We’ll be running a one-camera setup on the concourse and are currently working through logistics to bring an audio feed to overlay the video. We won’t have a scorebug on any of these early webcasts. We’re doing the best we can given the current situation and encourage fans to be patient with the process because it certainly is a less-than-desired setup, but, it is all that we can provide at this point given where we are at in the recovery process.”

Pro
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Here's what I got back from Iowa State. They are on it.

“We’re doing a free soft-launch this weekend as our normal Clone Zone setup in Hilton is still adversely affected by the flood, due to the fact videoboards are still not functional. We’ll be running a one-camera setup on the concourse and are currently working through logistics to bring an audio feed to overlay the video. We won’t have a scorebug on any of these early webcasts. We’re doing the best we can given the current situation and encourage fans to be patient with the process because it certainly is a less-than-desired setup, but, it is all that we can provide at this point given where we are at in the recovery process.”
    Thanks for the quick sleuthing, Chris. You are the man!

All-Star
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

do they still have clone cones at Hilton? Thats how I have fun.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Clone Cones are yummy times.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

All-Star
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

I've read your projections for the 2010/11 MBB team. I have to disagree on the non-conference portion as I see a minimum of ten wins. It's a cupcake schedule. NAU is a middle of the pack Big Sky Conference team and the Cyclones are playing them at Hilton -- I'm projecting a win there even if it's the first regular season game. Montana State might give trouble as they're picked to finish near the top of the Big Sky Conference, but that's a home as well -- I project a close victory there. I'm picking the game against Drake at home a close victory. Creighton and UNI are probable losses. Most of the rest are a bunch of no name schools being played at Hilton, so I'm projecting wins against those schools. The game against UCal I'm picking as a win as they lost something like 80% of their scoring from last season along with their starting point guard. UVa could be one the Cyclones' two or three road wins this year as the Cavaliers are picked to finish last in the ACC. Iowa is not significantly better than last year, so a probable win there. I don't know if the crowd there at Iowa City will be that vocal or not. The way I see that part of the schedule, eleven wins are probable with thirteen as the best case scenario.

I agree with you on the conference part of the schedule that it will be very rough going -- three to five wins. OU at home is the only should win game I see with CU and NU at home as probable wins. Tx Tech at home is a possible win and if Dunn is not playing for Baylor, then Baylor at home is a possible win. If Dunn is playing, then I see a loss at home. I expect the team to be competitive in all games except the ones on the road against the top five teams. Despite being roughed up in conference, I do believe this year's MBB team to be a scrappy, hustling bunch of young men who will leave it all on the floor and will be very entertaining to watch.

Overall, I think fourteen to eighteen wins is not out of the question for this year's installment of the Cyclone MBB team.

Last edited by drednot57; 11-04-2010 at 03:29 PM.
    P.J. Farmer rocks!