Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 108

Tablet Advice

After playing around with an HP printer that has an android tablet built into it at Best Buy my wife has finally given me the approval to go ahead and get a tablet pc. I am more interested in an android tablet than I am an Ipad due to the fact I want one that has a camera and can add external storage.

I know Samsung has an android tablet out there but I can't find much info on google or anywhere else on any that are on the market or will be on the market by the larger manufacturers in the near future.

Didn't know if anyone knew of any others coming or have any experience with any that are already out there or if just getting an Ipad would be the best route.

thanks

Pro
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 243

Re: Tablet Advice

Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    After playing around with an HP printer that has an android tablet built into it at Best Buy my wife has finally given me the approval to go ahead and get a tablet pc. I am more interested in an android tablet than I am an Ipad due to the fact I want one that has a camera and can add external storage.

I know Samsung has an android tablet out there but I can't find much info on google or anywhere else on any that are on the market or will be on the market by the larger manufacturers in the near future.

Didn't know if anyone knew of any others coming or have any experience with any that are already out there or if just getting an Ipad would be the best route.

thanks
    I don't know a thing about tablets, but CNET.com reviews most consumer A/V products. This should at least give you an idea of what is out there, the various prices and what each device is capable of.

Tablets and Tablet PC Reviews - CNET Reviews

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7...ag=buyingGuide

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 41

Re: Tablet Advice

The current version of android wasn't designed to work on tablets... I'd wait a few months until the next iteration comes out (should be early 2011)