Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 96

Summer League 7/13

There were only 2 games last night as it was the first night of the playoffs.

Game one featured Boozer and Eric Henderson vs. Clark and Staiger's team.

Boozer- I thought he had a good game, hit open threes and had a few nice drives and was always active offensively and defensively

Clark- I have never seen him that hot shooting the three. I wasn't keeping track so I can't say for sure, but I would estimate he made over 10 threes and scored well over 40.

Lucca- Wasn't there, I think that's the first game he missed and you could tell his team wasn't the same. Despite Clark putting up a heroic performance, their team still got beat fairly easily by Boozer's team.

Game two was Taylor and Brackins' team against Wesley, Brister and Haluska. Wesley's team won in a blow-out.

Wesley- Didn't score as much as he did other games, I think Brackins was guarding him a lot. He did have a couple nice blocks and sweet dunks. On one fast break, a drake player bounced the ball off the glass to Wesley who was trailing on the play and he did a wind-mill dunk.

Brister- Made a couple layups and had a few nice drives and passes, but can't shoot from the outside at all and struggles to finish around the rim. He is strictly a pass-first point guard.

Haluska- Maybe outplayed Taylor, although I think Mike does more things than Haluska like rebound and setting up team mates. He was on fire again last night and probably scored over 30. I will say he has to lead the league in field goal attempts as he shoots almost every time he touched the ball.

Taylor- Wasn't his best game scoring wise, and had too many turnovers, but I thought he did a better job distributing the ball. I think he has realized that Brackins had a huge mismatch against the other team's big men.

Brackins- This was the most exciting game I've seen him play. He had nearly 10 dunks and made 4-5 threes. He also scored on post-ups and asserted himself as the league leader in blocked shots. This was the first time I saw him where he really showed his true athleticism. He had one sweet wind-mill dunk and another reverse dunk. I would say he was the only player on his team that had a "good" game.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

Re: Summer League 7/13

Atleast someone cared enough to share his thoughts on the games. :)

Would have loved to watch Clark light it up.

Walk On
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I also made it to the games on 7/13. I caught the last half of the first game and the entire 2nd game.

I will speak my mind!

Clark: He definitely looks like a man among boys in these games. He has added some bulk as his upper body looks a lot stronger. That should make him an even better rebounder and defender next year. Other than hitting a couple of 3's at the end of the game, I saw him miss quite a few 3's. Clark was guarding Boozer for much of the game and did a nice job. He also made some nice passes to his teammates. His team was missing a lot of players so they weren't very good. Clark and teammate Ashton Sauls were the only ones who could do anything. For being a little guy, Sauls is a smoothe player and fun to watch.

Boozer: I was pleasantly surprised with him after reading a lot about him. He has a high arcing 3 point shot and made quite a few of them. He does have somewhat of a slow developing shot and needs to work on his pull up jumper from around 15'. He is an emotional player and I might as well throw the word cocky in there. He hit a couple 3's as his team made a run and he was dancing, yelling, and jumping up and down. I can only imagine what he'll do with a packed house in Hilton! He plays hard and was the vocal leader on his team. I thought he was a pretty smoothe player. He had a monsterous Alley oop dunk.

Brister: I was the most unimpressed with him out of the new guys I saw. He did not look to shoot and I don't think he hardly shot outside of 8'. He looks to pass 1st and got himself into trouble while driving the lane. His build reminds me a lot of Stinson's. He takes the small type steps but is quicker than he looks. He would be my candidate for a redshirt. He's got some hops too. He had a big dunk during halftime.

Haluska: I was impressed. He has a jumper that is pretty much automatic from 15'. His 3's were going in too. I saw him play in high school and I think his shot has a lot better form on his shot and he is an all around better shooter. With the way he was shooting, he reminded me of a Nate Funk or Ben Jacobsen type player from the Missouri Valley. He created a lot of his pull up jumpers. He would be pretty deadly coming off a pick at the elbow. If he can keep shooting, I wouldn't be afraid to see him get some time at Hilton.

Brackins: Very good 3 point shooter. He gets good rotation on the ball and has a quick release. He can basiclly come off of a screen like a shooting gaurd and shoot the 3. That is what impressed me the most. His wingspan is huge too. McDermott will really work with him in the post. He needs to get stronger and more physical. He will only get better with each year he's at ISU. He has a nice jump hook, can run the floor, and his dunking ability is amazing. His team only had 6 guys so he was getting tired.

Mike Taylor: He showed up about 5 minutes into the game. Mike was definitely playing pickup ball. He basically played 2 on 5 with brackins. He and Brackins played well together. Mike could drive and dish to Craig pretty well. I thought Mike looked stronger. His upper body had a little more strength. Mike could get to the rim whenever he wanted. His 3's weren't falling but he scored a lot of points.

W Johnson: He is what he is. A solid player. He had some nice rebounds and dunks. He also hit some nice jump shots from outside. He has good touch on his jumpshots. For a short stretch, he and Brackins were basically having a dunkoff.

Notes: All of these guys seem to get along pretty well. They were all joking and having fun while they played hard at the same time. Hilton will definitely be a fun place to be next winter. With all of the young guys playing hard and showing emotion, I think we will be a tough team to beat at home next year. Especially with a big crowd!

P.S. I really hope we don't lose to Drake at their place. We always struggle there. I was not impressed with their players even though I didn't get to see all of them play.

Drews79

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Drews79 View Post
    All of these guys seem to get along pretty well. They were all joking and having fun while they played hard at the same time.
    That's one thing I noticed last week as well. They guys all really seem to like & respect each other. It's cool to see that kind of camarderie in college sports...

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

"I saw him miss quite a few 3's"

I think Clark missed one three in the first half, I believe he had around 20 at half time, came out cold early in the second, well he missed his first two or three threes but then went off again and made probably another 5 or 6 of 8. It was by far his best shooting game that I've ever seen him do, college game or these pick up games.

Boozer had 19 in the first half and sat the last 7 minutes as they had a large lead, he wasn't a ball hog either, actually he passed it more than any one on his team. I believe he finished with 27 in the second half again and only played 2-3 of that half as well. I'm not sure why people were ragging on him earlier and saying that they didn't think he deserved a scholarship. I've seen him play in 4 of these games now and I've seen him have some off games but I think the kid brings a little cockiness that some of these other freshman don't have, he's not over the top but he speaks out, and a lot of hussle and I'm very glad he's on the team.

Brister didn't do a whole lot of scoring from what I saw but out of all fairness the game got out of hand early and turned into a street ball show off game for the players.

Haluska shoots everytime he touches it. I think he had over 30 but not sure what his field goal percentage would have been.

Brackins by far his most aggresive game I've seen. It seems like he and Boozer were having some fun as everytime Brackins made a big time dunk he would look over into the crowd to Boozer and do some hand signal to him that Boozer did back to him. This was the best game I've seen him play his was extremely aggressive asking for the ball and his shots were really falling. Again he missed some close ones when he got contact but with a little strength he'll be real tough.

Taylor didn't seem like he cared much tonight. I don't think he shot the ball much at all. He seemed to want Brackins to be the man tonight.

Wes didn't do much either but the game really was never in doubt. He and Brackins got into a dunk off that was pretty neat. They were really having fun each time down the floor and this was probably the most exciting game I've watched as far as highlight dunks go. Those two really put on a show.

Starter
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 176

Boozer and Brackins seem to be good friends. Brackins tends to get rides to the games with Boozer in his Cadillac Escalade. Damn I hate it when players have a nicer car than me. I wish I had a brother in the NBA.