Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 41

I've had enough from Husker nation!

All this talk about the Huskers and Pelini having the ISU game circled on their schedule on account of last year. Payback is going to reign down from the sky like hell fire! BLAH!

Ya know what.....
    Maybe Paul Rhoads has Nebraska circled on HIS Calendar! That ever crossed anyone's mind?

Maybe Paul Rhoads is going to have the equipment staff rub catfish bait under the benches in the visitors locker room Saturday morning.

Maybe Paul Rhoads is actually Darth Freaking Vader, and he's going to use his Jedi mind tricks to encourage those weak and impressionable Husker fingers to lose their grip on the ball. Since hes the dark master of the galaxy, he can occasionally impose his inhuman will where he sees fit.

Maybe Paul Rhoads is constructing pyramids made from glass tables and porcupines, in order to body slam Herbie husker through!

Maybe Paul Rhoads has nudes of Pelini's mom and is going to post them on facebook Friday night to get the NU coaching staff all out of sorts.(alright so thats going a step too far, but you get the point).

This game is every bit as big for ISU as it is Nebraska. NU had better bring the A game!

Last edited by Omaha Cy; 11-02-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 12

Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

Just ask them how their payback game against Texas went.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 19

When we win those bastards will have to slink away for eternity.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 6

I thought Nebraska football didn't care about ISU?

Kyle S. Flander

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by FD Cyclone View Post
    All this talk about the Huskers and Pelini having the ISU game circled on their schedule on account of last year. Payback is going to reign down from the sky like hell fire! BLAH!

Ya know what.....
    Maybe Paul Rhoads has Nebraska circled on HIS Calendar! That ever crossed anyone's mind?

Maybe Paul Rhoads is going to have the equipment staff rub catfish bait under the benches in the visitors locker room Saturday morning.

Maybe Paul Rhoads is actually Darth Freaking Vader, and he's going to use his Jedi mind tricks to encourage those weak and impressionable Husker fingers to lose their grip on the ball. Since hes the dark master of the galaxy, he can occasionally impose his inhuman will where he sees fit.

Maybe Paul Rhoads has nudes of Pelini's mom and is going to post them on facebook Friday night to get the NU coaching staff all out of sorts.(alright so thats going a step too far, but you get the point).

This game is every bit as big for ISU as it is Nebraska. NU had better bring the A game!
    Cocaine's a helluva drug...

Seriously, NU fans, players and coaches will always consider themselves superior. We don't have to worry about them "circling" the date. Even if Bo did they still couldn't get up for it (at least not more "up" than usual). NU will come into Ames disrespecting ISU just like they have every year since 1960. If ISU shows up like we did vs. UT we absolutely can win this game.

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I'd think you'd be right if..

Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    Seriously, NU fans, players and coaches will always consider themselves superior. We don't have to worry about them "circling" the date. Even if Bo did they still couldn't get up for it (at least not more "up" than usual). NU will come into Ames disrespecting ISU just like they have every year since 1960.
    If you guys hadn't beaten Texas I think you'd be 100% right about the players/fans not being able to get 100% "up" for this game. Once you guys dismantled Texas, I think it became a lot more "real" so to speak...just my opinion of course.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 11

Re: I'd think you'd be right if..

Quote Originally Posted by Cgilbert23 View Post
    If you guys hadn't beaten Texas I think you'd be 100% right about the players/fans not being able to get 100% "up" for this game. Once you guys dismantled Texas, I think it became a lot more "real" so to speak...just my opinion of course.
    I still hear about the "luck" it took to win last years game and how any other team would've beat NU by three scores (at least) with that turnover margin.

NU players are no different than the NU fans; they believe that they lost that game not that ISU won it. After the Baylor loss everyone is less impressed with ISU's win in Austin including NU fans and players. NU players will not respect ISU on saturday.

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    I still hear about the "luck" it took to win last years game and how any other team would've beat NU by three scores (at least) with that turnover margin.

NU players are no different than the NU fans; they believe that they lost that game not that ISU won it. After the Baylor loss everyone is less impressed with ISU's win in Austin including NU fans and players. NU players will not respect ISU on saturday.
    While I do respect your right as a fan to say whatever you're feeling, I really don't know how you can generalize a whole team's players and fanbase like that. I'll presume that you've had bad experiences with husker fans because most people who think the way that you do (that i've run into at least) usually have, but I think you're wrong about NU (the team especially) not giving ISU the proper respect.

Also, FWIW, I never put much stock in the "we beat ourselves" notion...for any sport...one could argue that "if only we'd scored 13 more touchdowns we would have won, therefore we beat ourselves by not doing it", and that's just stupid.

Last edited by Cgilbert23; 11-02-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: homonym.

Thumbs Up

Husker fans bring the Nowledge.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,394
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 4

While I do respect your right as a fan to say whatever you're feeling, I really don't know how you can generalize a whole team's players and fanbase like that. I'll presume that you've had bad experiences with husker fans because most people who think the way that you do (that i've run into at least) usually have, but I think you're wrong about NU (the team especially) not giving ISU the proper respect.

Also, FWIW, I never put much stock in the "we beat ourselves" notion...for any sport...one could argue that "if only we'd scored 13 more touchdowns we would have won, therefore we beat ourselves by not doing it", and that's just stupid.
    I know you are a Husker so I have to walk you through this process.

1. Type a message into the box which generalizes an entire team or fanbase.
    2. Hit submit.

Enjoy your new skill

***King of Diplomacy***

Addict
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 12

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Just ask them how their payback game against Texas went.

so true

they thought they were so tough

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    I know you are a Husker so I have to walk you through this process.

1. Type a message into the box which generalizes an entire team or fanbase.
    2. Hit submit.

Enjoy your new skill
    Ignoring the irony that you did just that (generalized husker fans as being stupid)

I must be as dumb as you think I am, are you saying that the statement quoted above does not "generalize" an entire team and fan base?

Thumbs Up

Husker trolls fail at everything.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by HerkyKiller View Post
    Husker trolls fail at everything.
    Because I'm the only husker fan to have replied on this thread I'll assume you're referring to me, did I do or say something out of line to make you think that I'm here for anything other than talking about football? A good portion of anti-husker fans (ISU, MU, KSU, UT, OU, CU) always point out that when faced with logic, an avid husker fan will call out troll, run away from an argument, etc....just a little confused here (I am a stupid husker fan after all).

Thumbs Up

Because I'm the only husker fan to have replied on this thread I'll assume you're referring to me, did I do or say something out of line to make you think that I'm here for anything other than talking about football? A good portion of anti-husker fans (ISU, MU, KSU, UT, OU, CU) always point out that when faced with logic, an avid husker fan will call out troll, run away from an argument, etc....just a little confused here (I am a stupid husker fan after all).
    I'll give you this, you are right about one thing. I bolded it for you so you could find it more easily.