Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 59,479, Level: 75
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Omaha Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,002
    Points
    59,479
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 41

    I've had enough from Husker nation!

    All this talk about the Huskers and Pelini having the ISU game circled on their schedule on account of last year. Payback is going to reign down from the sky like hell fire! BLAH!

    Ya know what.....
    Maybe Paul Rhoads has Nebraska circled on HIS Calendar! That ever crossed anyone's mind?

    Maybe Paul Rhoads is going to have the equipment staff rub catfish bait under the benches in the visitors locker room Saturday morning.

    Maybe Paul Rhoads is actually Darth Freaking Vader, and he's going to use his Jedi mind tricks to encourage those weak and impressionable Husker fingers to lose their grip on the ball. Since hes the dark master of the galaxy, he can occasionally impose his inhuman will where he sees fit.

    Maybe Paul Rhoads is constructing pyramids made from glass tables and porcupines, in order to body slam Herbie husker through!

    Maybe Paul Rhoads has nudes of Pelini's mom and is going to post them on facebook Friday night to get the NU coaching staff all out of sorts.(alright so thats going a step too far, but you get the point).

    This game is every bit as big for ISU as it is Nebraska. NU had better bring the A game!


    Last edited by Omaha Cy; 11-02-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 277,173, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,476
    Points
    277,173
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 12

    Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

    Just ask them how their payback game against Texas went.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 313,677, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a Bunker
    Posts
    14,512
    Points
    313,677
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 19

    Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

    When we win those bastards will have to slink away for eternity.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 19,841, Level: 42
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    flander1649's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,575
    Points
    19,841
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 6

    Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

    I thought Nebraska football didn't care about ISU?


    Kyle S. Flander

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 154,090, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,362
    Points
    154,090
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 11

    Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

    Quote Originally Posted by FD Cyclone View Post
    All this talk about the Huskers and Pelini having the ISU game circled on their schedule on account of last year. Payback is going to reign down from the sky like hell fire! BLAH!

    Ya know what.....
    Maybe Paul Rhoads has Nebraska circled on HIS Calendar! That ever crossed anyone's mind?

    Maybe Paul Rhoads is going to have the equipment staff rub catfish bait under the benches in the visitors locker room Saturday morning.

    Maybe Paul Rhoads is actually Darth Freaking Vader, and he's going to use his Jedi mind tricks to encourage those weak and impressionable Husker fingers to lose their grip on the ball. Since hes the dark master of the galaxy, he can occasionally impose his inhuman will where he sees fit.

    Maybe Paul Rhoads has nudes of Pelini's mom and is going to post them on facebook Friday night to get the NU coaching staff all out of sorts.(alright so thats going a step too far, but you get the point).

    This game is every bit as big for ISU as it is Nebraska. NU had better bring the A game!
    Cocaine's a helluva drug...


    Seriously, NU fans, players and coaches will always consider themselves superior. We don't have to worry about them "circling" the date. Even if Bo did they still couldn't get up for it (at least not more "up" than usual). NU will come into Ames disrespecting ISU just like they have every year since 1960. If ISU shows up like we did vs. UT we absolutely can win this game.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  6. #6
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    I'd think you'd be right if..

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    Seriously, NU fans, players and coaches will always consider themselves superior. We don't have to worry about them "circling" the date. Even if Bo did they still couldn't get up for it (at least not more "up" than usual). NU will come into Ames disrespecting ISU just like they have every year since 1960.
    If you guys hadn't beaten Texas I think you'd be 100% right about the players/fans not being able to get 100% "up" for this game. Once you guys dismantled Texas, I think it became a lot more "real" so to speak...just my opinion of course.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 154,090, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,362
    Points
    154,090
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 11

    Re: I'd think you'd be right if..

    Quote Originally Posted by Cgilbert23 View Post
    If you guys hadn't beaten Texas I think you'd be 100% right about the players/fans not being able to get 100% "up" for this game. Once you guys dismantled Texas, I think it became a lot more "real" so to speak...just my opinion of course.
    I still hear about the "luck" it took to win last years game and how any other team would've beat NU by three scores (at least) with that turnover margin.

    NU players are no different than the NU fans; they believe that they lost that game not that ISU won it. After the Baylor loss everyone is less impressed with ISU's win in Austin including NU fans and players. NU players will not respect ISU on saturday.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  8. #8
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I'd think you'd be right if..

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    I still hear about the "luck" it took to win last years game and how any other team would've beat NU by three scores (at least) with that turnover margin.

    NU players are no different than the NU fans; they believe that they lost that game not that ISU won it. After the Baylor loss everyone is less impressed with ISU's win in Austin including NU fans and players. NU players will not respect ISU on saturday.
    While I do respect your right as a fan to say whatever you're feeling, I really don't know how you can generalize a whole team's players and fanbase like that. I'll presume that you've had bad experiences with husker fans because most people who think the way that you do (that i've run into at least) usually have, but I think you're wrong about NU (the team especially) not giving ISU the proper respect.

    Also, FWIW, I never put much stock in the "we beat ourselves" notion...for any sport...one could argue that "if only we'd scored 13 more touchdowns we would have won, therefore we beat ourselves by not doing it", and that's just stupid.


    Last edited by Cgilbert23; 11-02-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: homonym.

  9. #9
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

    Husker fans bring the Nowledge.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 82,356, Level: 89
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,394
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,140
    Points
    82,356
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 4

    Re: I'd think you'd be right if..

    Quote Originally Posted by Cgilbert23 View Post
    While I do respect your right as a fan to say whatever you're feeling, I really don't know how you can generalize a whole team's players and fanbase like that. I'll presume that you've had bad experiences with husker fans because most people who think the way that you do (that i've run into at least) usually have, but I think you're wrong about NU (the team especially) not giving ISU the proper respect.

    Also, FWIW, I never put much stock in the "we beat ourselves" notion...for any sport...one could argue that "if only we'd scored 13 more touchdowns we would have won, therefore we beat ourselves by not doing it", and that's just stupid.
    I know you are a Husker so I have to walk you through this process.

    1. Type a message into the box which generalizes an entire team or fanbase.
    2. Hit submit.

    Enjoy your new skill




    ***King of Diplomacy***

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 73,836, Level: 84
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    6,507
    Points
    73,836
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 12

    Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Just ask them how their payback game against Texas went.


    so true

    they thought they were so tough



  12. #12
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I'd think you'd be right if..

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    I know you are a Husker so I have to walk you through this process.

    1. Type a message into the box which generalizes an entire team or fanbase.
    2. Hit submit.

    Enjoy your new skill
    Ignoring the irony that you did just that (generalized husker fans as being stupid)

    NU players are no different than the NU fans; they believe that they lost that game not that ISU won it. After the Baylor loss everyone is less impressed with ISU's win in Austin including NU fans and players. NU players will not respect ISU on saturday.
    I must be as dumb as you think I am, are you saying that the statement quoted above does not "generalize" an entire team and fan base?



  13. #13
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

    Husker trolls fail at everything.



  14. #14
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

    Quote Originally Posted by HerkyKiller View Post
    Husker trolls fail at everything.
    Because I'm the only husker fan to have replied on this thread I'll assume you're referring to me, did I do or say something out of line to make you think that I'm here for anything other than talking about football? A good portion of anti-husker fans (ISU, MU, KSU, UT, OU, CU) always point out that when faced with logic, an avid husker fan will call out troll, run away from an argument, etc....just a little confused here (I am a stupid husker fan after all).



  15. #15
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I've had enough from Husker nation!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cgilbert23 View Post
    Because I'm the only husker fan to have replied on this thread I'll assume you're referring to me, did I do or say something out of line to make you think that I'm here for anything other than talking about football? A good portion of anti-husker fans (ISU, MU, KSU, UT, OU, CU) always point out that when faced with logic, an avid husker fan will call out troll, run away from an argument, etc....just a little confused here (I am a stupid husker fan after all).
    I'll give you this, you are right about one thing. I bolded it for you so you could find it more easily.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM