Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Watch your backs against NU!

Good luck on Saturday. Hope your players watch out for concussions. Nebraska players seem to be going for the knock out blows this season. Either for the knees or the heads. Let's hope the refs watch out for that this time too.

Prospect
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Watch your backs against NU!

I hope NU focuses on that, if they do I have a feeling we'll get the ball around them and into the end zone. Our coaching staff is very VERY good atidentifying the opposing teams stratagey and taking advantage of it. Just see Texas!

Recruit
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Typical game plan for a team of ******** on their way out the door. Hey NU, have fun in the Big 10 with all of the other arrogant programs of the midwest

Last edited by mj4cy; 11-02-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 9

Perhaps they should watch their head and knees instead of their backs.

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 104

You really think they know how to take cheap shots... they cant even hold on to the football... They STILL put the ball on the ground ALOT this season......

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 27

Quote Originally Posted by cyhawkdmb View Post
    You really think they know how to take cheap shots... they cant even hold on to the football... They STILL put the ball on the ground ALOT this season......
    This. I don't know what it's at now, but during the UT game the announcers kept showing the ridiculous number of times NU had fumbled this season and recovered. That is going to even out eventually, let's hope it's this week!

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

A couple of examples:

Missouri asks Big 12 to review hit on Gabbert.

Missouri wants Big 12 to review fourth quarter hit - Omaha.com

Martin suspended for hit during Ok State game.

Nebraska's Eric Martin Suspended One Game by Big 12 Conference - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

Just the past game, Nebraska was penalized a number of times for chop blocks. And three of their hits on Missouri QB should have included personal foul penalties that were not called. Two shots to the head and a facemask penalty.

I thought this was just sour grapes back in 2007:

Daniel called Nebraska "one of the dirtiest team's he'd ever played," but he wasn't the only one angry after the Tigers' 52-17 victory. Junior defensive lineman Jaron Baston called Nebraska "by far" the dirtiest team he'd ever suited up against.
    "It's always going to be an on-field battle, they're going to cheap shot you, you're going to talk trash, that's just part of the game," Baston said. "They do a lot of things that I've never had done to me. I know on one play I got knocked down, and I got back up, but one of their guys just jumped on my back and laid on me while the play was way down field."

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

A couple of examples:

Missouri asks Big 12 to review hit on Gabbert.

Missouri wants Big 12 to review fourth quarter hit - Omaha.com

Martin suspended for hit during Ok State game.

Nebraska's Eric Martin Suspended One Game by Big 12 Conference - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

Just the past game, Nebraska was penalized a number of times for chop blocks. And three of their hits on Missouri QB should have included personal foul penalties that were not called. Two shots to the head and a facemask penalty.

I thought this was just sour grapes back in 2007:

Daniel called Nebraska "one of the dirtiest team's he'd ever played," but he wasn't the only one angry after the Tigers' 52-17 victory. Junior defensive lineman Jaron Baston called Nebraska "by far" the dirtiest team he'd ever suited up against.
    "It's always going to be an on-field battle, they're going to cheap shot you, you're going to talk trash, that's just part of the game," Baston said. "They do a lot of things that I've never had done to me. I know on one play I got knocked down, and I got back up, but one of their guys just jumped on my back and laid on me while the play was way down field."

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Oh please... watch the damn video. Gabbert starts to duck the hit and Osborne follows the angle he started on. Gabbert ducks into the hit, is 5-6 inches taller than the DB hitting him and still gets facemask to facemask. Osborne doesn't jump UP and Gabbert ducks. He didn't target Gabbert's head, he didn't lead with the crown of his helmet.

If Gabbert stays up he gets hit in the chest.

Go ahead and make villains of the NU team, everyone will do it all year... no surprise.
    But maybe try looking without the "I hate the Huskers for leaving the Big 12" glasses... of course that is asking to much for you all but give it a try anyway. I know you wont admit you are wrong.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by RightwingerNU View Post
    Oh please... watch the damn video. Gabbert starts to duck the hit and Osborne follows the angle he started on. Gabbert ducks into the hit, is 5-6 inches taller than the DB hitting him and still gets facemask to facemask. Osborne doesn't jump UP and Gabbert ducks. He didn't target Gabbert's head, he didn't lead with the crown of his helmet.

Go ahead and make villains of the NU team, everyone will do it all year... no surprise.
    But maybe try looking without the "I hate the Huskers for leaving the Big 12" glasses... of course that is asking to much for you all but give it a try anyway. I know you wont admit you are wrong.
    A little sensitive aren't you? There are 9 posts in this thread. Three of them by an Aggie who started the thread and six others not really agreeing with him. I would guess with as few responses as there are, most don't agree with his premise.

"Not at the table Carlos."

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Osborne would have nailed him in the side of the head if the MU QB hadn't reacted. That would have been a definite knock out. Osborne completely speared him. This has nothing to do with NU leaving the Big 12. It has everything to do with dirty play.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 905

Now I'm convinced that GigemAggie is right. We'll tip off the officials to watch for that and the ISU fans will hold the officials accountable for every call.

By the way, we aren't going to play our #1 qb and #1 rb so Nebbie better watch out! You know what happens when we do that!!

Last edited by aauummm; 11-02-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,324
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    This. I don't know what it's at now, but during the UT game the announcers kept showing the ridiculous number of times NU had fumbled this season and recovered. That is going to even out eventually, let's hope it's this week!
    Yep. Aren't we #1 in the league in turnover margin? I feel like our D is going to have a big day turnover wise, and it's going to keep up in the game. The ghosts of 9-7 are going to come back to haunt the Huskers this weekend!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 10

Does anyone think it is funny that a Nebraska fan and an A & M fan are arguing on an ISU fan forum?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Just watched the video. Clearly an illegal hit. I won't say that it is intentional, but still illegal. Personally I disagree that Gabbert ducked. I don't even think he saw the hit coming until just prior to the hit. Watch his helmet. He is looking down field until the defender is about 5 feet away from Gabbert.