Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 0

Other pre game issues....

Besides the Jeff Johnson mess, does the SLOW-Motion color guard bother anyone? They need to be snappy to keep everyones attention, not taking baby steps and holding things up so pre game has to restart while they are marching. If they want people to honor our flag and country, they have to do it in a way that will keep people's attention.

If you want people in the stands, give them a reason to get there early.

1. JJ has to go
    2. Snappy color guard
    3. Fire-up entrance music
    4. More highlights on the screen
    5. Get creative.

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 485
    Given: 29

Re: Other pre game issues....

You would think that our freaking football team would get people in the stand. The above are annoyances to some people, they shouldn't be dealbreakers.

Our fans are lazy and it is going to cost us at some point. And then all of you lazy fans who complain about stupid, dumb stuff will have not right to complain about it.

And as far as the highlights.....those were reduced this year due to the flood and having to operate the scoreboard out of a truck rather than the basement of Hilton. I am sure that the highlights will be better next year. I suppose next year you will complain that there are too many highlights or that the scoreboard is too bright.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    You would think that our freaking football team would get people in the stand. The above are annoyances to some people, they shouldn't be dealbreakers.

Our fans are lazy and it is going to cost us at some point. And then all of you lazy fans who complain about stupid, dumb stuff will have not right to complain about it.

And as far as the highlights.....those were reduced this year due to the flood and having to operate the scoreboard out of a truck rather than the basement of Hilton. I am sure that the highlights will be better next year. I suppose next year you will complain that there are too many highlights or that the scoreboard is too bright.
    Instead of saying everyone is an idiot who is late, I prefer to take a positive approach and entice them to come in earlier. I've never missed a kickoff, and go to all the games. But I certainly can see the lack of appeal of the pre game for some. Improving things is part of everything, from our play to our pre and post game experience. Take it or leave it is not the approach to take imo.

Swarm & Punish
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 641
    Given: 1,294

Oh, so this is the high horse thread .....

-keep

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    Instead of saying everyone is an idiot who is late, I prefer to take a positive approach and entice them to come in earlier. I've never missed a kickoff, and go to all the games. But I certainly can see the lack of appeal of the pre game for some. Improving things is part of everything, from our play to our pre and post game experience. Take it or leave it is not the approach to take imo.

So you think that there would have been 10,000 more fans in the stand yesterday at the start if the color guard was snappy?

Like I said, we are going to get what we have coming to us and it appears that the majority of our fans are OK with that.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post

-keep
    What?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

So you think that there would have been 10,000 more fans in the stand yesterday at the start if the color guard was snappy?

Like I said, we are going to get what we have coming to us and it appears that the majority of our fans are OK with that.
    I'm commenting because it's apparently a rub with CPR, and maybe some suggestions are in order to improve things. College athletics is a business. I own a business. If my customers aren't buying something, I look at why and improve it. I don't say, if they don't like it, TS. That's a quick map to fail.

Last edited by ketelmeister; 10-31-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post

-keep
    Well it is now. Our head coach says we have a problem. Some good thought needs to be put into how best to fix it. What's wrong with that way of thinking??

Speechless
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 500

At least the siren sounds better.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Maybe we could start the game with me lecturing the fans on what they could do to be better fans :)

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Agree, what some peeps won't complain about these days. Why are some so consumed worrying about others. Let them chose how they want to enjoy the game. If part of it is showing up after kick off so be it. In the end it all comes down to one thing and that is a good football product on the field. Everything else is just fluff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by rebecacy View Post
    Well it is now. Our head coach says we have a problem. Some good thought needs to be put into how best to fix it. What's wrong with that way of thinking??
    I guess I don't get why it isn't enough to get in the damn stands before the game even if some of the pregame stuff annoys you.

Some people must live lives a lot better than mine because barely an hour goes by without me having to deal with someone or something that is annoying. That's life. I put up with some things I find annoying in the pregame (honestly I don't really hate the Cyclone Power thing anymore and I am not sure why JJ didn't explain how we were giong to do the ALL IN thing yesterday) in order to be supportive and to get to the part I enjoy----the football.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by GoShow97 View Post
    Agree, what some peeps won't complain about these days. Why are some so consumed worrying about others. Let them chose how they want to enjoy the game. If part of it is showing up after kick off so be it. In the end it all comes down to one thing and that is a good football product on the field. Everything else is just fluff.
    Actually, when our head coach (who will likely sometime in the future be persued by another program), brings it up it is not fluff.

Starting last Saturday, Rhoads started talking about attendence. Yesterday after the game, he twice made some snide comments about the late arriving crowd. It clearly bothers him and his team.

Most of us fans don't have the ability to donate money to the AD, this is what we can do to help keep our coach happy. I think it is worth it. Thousands of our fans don't.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

Actually, when our head coach (who will likely sometime in the future be persued by another program), brings it up it is not fluff.

Starting last Saturday, Rhoads started talking about attendence. Yesterday after the game, he twice made some snide comments about the late arriving crowd. It clearly bothers him and his team.

Most of us fans don't have the ability to donate money to the AD, this is what we can do to help keep our coach happy. I think it is worth it. Thousands of our fans don't.
    QFT

"Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I guess I don't get why it isn't enough to get in the damn stands before the game even if some of the pregame stuff annoys you.

Some people must live lives a lot better than mine because barely an hour goes by without me having to deal with someone or something that is annoying. That's life. I put up with some things I find annoying in the pregame (honestly I don't really hate the Cyclone Power thing anymore and I am not sure why JJ didn't explain how we were giong to do the ALL IN thing yesterday) in order to be supportive and to get to the part I enjoy----the football.
    I agree. Imagine going to an ISU football game and being able to watch a good ISU Cyclone football team winning games. What a concept. I don't have to have all the other window dressing if I have good ISU football. All that stuff will come and go whatever. In the end it's all about winning games for me. I will say I would like to see more marching band and drum line stuff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth