Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

OT: Bad Neighbor stories?

Ok I know this is a long read but I'm sure some of you have stories like these... Was wondering if anyone has some interesting stories about neighbors you wish would just move away?

While I don't have any that are loud and disturbing or whatever the 1 pet peeve I have are the ones that don't keep their properties kept up. For instance there are 2 houses at a T interersection right dow the street from me that mow their lawns about once a month, never spray the weeds and don't trim around the trees or fences. So when they do actually mow there are big windrows across the lawn like they are making hay. One of these houses also has a detached garage with a non-working car that hangs out just enough that the garage door is resting on the back bumper. You'd think they could push it in a foot more and close the door completely.

Then just last week I noticed another house down the block that someone just moved into a couple months ago that the lawn looked like it hadn't been mowed in well over a month along with the shrubs really getting overgrown. Saw they finally mowed the other day but they had to have hired someone to do it because no way your typical push mower would have cut that even on the highest setting. It was THAT bad. The sad thing is other than these 3 houses everyone else takes good care of their properties and the guy next to one of these house is ready to put a privacy fence up just so he doesn't have to see the neighbor with the car hanging out of the garage. And these people are all just trashy enough that you just can't walk up and nicely ask them to mow their lawns a little more often because they probably don't see why anyone would have a problem with what they do. These are the same kind of people that don't rake up their leaves in the fall either so everyone else is always having to clean up their lawns when the wind blows them around.

One of the guys here at work lives in a newer Regency development and his next door lady is like this too so in a drunken state one night he decided to help her out by spraying a bunch of Round-Up on her lawn. Sadly he says her lawn is already brown enough from all the grass clippings that sit on the lawn when she does mow so she probably didn't even notice.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 7

Re: OT: Bad Neighbor stories?

My god, where do you live?

I am probably the bad neighbor in my neighborhood. My lawn is too long, I don't water or mow enough and it is always chock full of kids toys. I looks like we run a daycare out our house. That plus all the construction in my backyard means we have nothing but 3 foot tall weeds back there.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Giving it a go
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    My god, where do you live?

I am probably the bad neighbor in my neighborhood. My lawn is too long, I don't water or mow enough and it is always chock full of kids toys. I looks like we run a daycare out our house. That plus all the construction in my backyard means we have nothing but 3 foot tall weeds back there.
    Does your garage door close all the way? Just checking.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 82

First house we moved into: On our right side we had a grown up son with impaired social skills living with his socially impaired parents. These people were googy and not all that pretty. They bought a puppy who was one of the cutest puppies I have ever seen and somehow got it to grow up to be the ugliest dog Ive ever seen. We had a window in our living room which looked right at their front porch. Well, every morning we would sit on our couch with our coffee and we would always look over to see Mark (the son) waving at us. Ok dude we know you can see us, but dont celebrate it. Creepy. He also came by one day when my wife was alone and asked if he could come in and hang out since noone was at his house to talk to. We moved.

2nd house we moved into: On the right of us is an older lady whose grown up son has social skills impairment. Good grief. They let their dog sit outside and bark throughout the day and its extremely annoying. Plus he walks it and it craps in my yard. On the left of us is another mother son combo. The mother gripes at me for mowing my lawn at 830 in the morning because her grown up son who lives with her has an early morning paper route and he needs his sleep. In front of us lives yet another mother/son living arrangement. They are really nice but their yard looks like crap and her son looks like Tim Robbins did in High Fidelity (which makes me laugh everytime i see him) Behind us is a guy who never mows, the back yard is full of random crap, and his weeds grow into my yard. He used to have a fence that blocked us from really seeing it, but guess what, he took it down.

3rd house TBD: no neighbors, out in the country, surrounded by a 30 foot wall and moat.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chadm View Post
    Does your garage door close all the way? Just checking.
    Yeah it does, I don't think I am your neighbor.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I hope my neighbors aren't this venomous - I have a dirty tree out front that sheds branches, leaves, and bark every day, 7-days a week, 365. I hate it, but I'm not gonna spend the money to have it cut down until the pockets are a little fuller (if you know what I mean).

No car garage door stop yet though ....

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 341

my only gripe with my neighbor is he always has people over and they fill up our street parking and it makes it tricky to get my racecar hauler out of the driveway alot of times.

I however am the neighbor who doesn't care about his yard. I don't water my lawn (waste of money to me), cut it only when i need to (prefer if i could pave it all), but thats just me my yard looks aren't on my list of priorities of things that need to be done.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    , cut it only when i need to (prefer if i could pave it all), but thats just me my yard looks aren't on my list of priorities of things that need to be done.
    I just paved about 400 sq feet of my backyard, and 600 sq feet of my front yard. I am excited to mow less now.

Addict
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,740
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    my only gripe with my neighbor is he always has people over and they fill up our street parking and it makes it tricky to get my racecar hauler out of the driveway alot of times.

I however am the neighbor who doesn't care about his yard. I don't water my lawn (waste of money to me), cut it only when i need to (prefer if i could pave it all), but thats just me my yard looks aren't on my list of priorities of things that need to be done.
    Maybe he thinks your racecar hauler is an eyesore too Nah, I shouldn't talk with my beagles back yard behavior...they're normally well behaved but if there's a rabbit around look out!

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Legend
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 96

I thought I had it bad because I have kids running through my back yard.....

Addict
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 956
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I live in Beaverdale, mostly older folks in my neighborhood but a few people scattered here and there around my age too.

I'm not talking about they don't mow like once a week like most people do, I'm talking the grass is seeding out, over grown with weeds, and so tall the mower is clogging when the do actually decide to mow. Compared to the average house in the neighborhood they stick out like sores and look trashy. The one with the car hanging out of the garage had a weed growing in the drive that got about 4-5 feet tall before some neighbor kindly sprayed it one night. They also have a voluntary tree growing out of one of the basement window sills. Again, I could probably find way more things like that with these places that when you add them all up it looks really trashy overall.

Legend
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 9

So, my fiance and I bought a nice little Beaverdale Brick about a year ago, not knowing the house next door was a rental... It seemed like a nice young couple (early 20's)living next door with their newborn daughter, then we stayed a night.... This couple also had a 16 year old girl living there who had parties EVERY night... Needless to say she didn't have the most desireable friends and this couple would go buy them beer, cigarettes, whatever they wanted... They eventually get evicted so we are lucky to have an empty house next door for a couple months as the owner repairs and cleans to find a new tenant... He assures me he willbe much more selective of the next tenants...

So a few more weeks go by and we see a nice older lady looking at the place and the For Rent sign comes down, however we didnt know it was her granddaughter that rented the place... It gets weird right away... The place turns pretty active right away, nice pimped out cars coming and going and alot of 'attractive-ish' females coming and going, mostly leaving with bags packed on friday coming back sunday looking like they have been through he##... There is one guy there with gold fronts and teardrop tattoos that seems to be running the place... Naturally, with our vivid imaginations, we assume that he is a pimp and rented the place for his 'girls'... Then he stops coming around and activity dies down... Turns out the girl that lives there is a 'dancer'... There are still some pretty interesting folk coming and going but not near as bad... Aparantly the 'pimp' was just a guy she was dating at the time... So ya, moral of the story is we are going to build a privacy fence...

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 82

What is this address and how attractive we talkin?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You've got strippers living next door and you're going to build a privacy fence?

What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

Addict
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 35

Within the first month of having moved to our townhouse in Ankeny- It was a nice night so the windows were open. Our neighbor decided to leave hers open as well. We were woke up on a Friday night (Sat Morning) about 2:30 to her and a guy "enjoying each other's company" and not being shy about it. Quite humorous to us.
    We have a neighbor that has a boxer that he just lets run free. I'm an animal lover like everyone else, but with an 18 month old running around it makes me nervous. He's been called on it several times but nothing changes.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.