Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    927
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    outed by Hustler. How 'bout them family values?

    Hustler says it revealed senator's link to escort service - CNN.com



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Vitter is one of my Senators. I voted for him. His past actions disgust me...especially when the campaign ads he used last election were very "family oriented" (including his wife and kids). Hey, we all make mistakes but I absolutely hate hypocrits.



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 452,612, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,720
    Points
    452,612
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 37

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Welcome to the world of politics, remember folks, it is do as I say, not as I do!


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  4. #4
    Recruit
    Points: 7,451, Level: 25
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    118
    Points
    7,451
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    The thing about republicans and democrats is that republicans like to pretend they somehow have moral superiority or higher values, but if you look at the indiscretions that people discover, republicans are just as guilty (if not more so) than democrats. What makes it worse is because republicans caste themselves as somehow having the moral high-ground, they come across as hypocrites.

    I wish candidates would campaign on the issues. All of this "look at my family values" is completely untestable. I'm supposed to take you on your word that you don't look at child porn? I hope you don't, but whether you do or not can't really inform my decision to vote for you, because there's no way I really can know.



  5. #5
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    927
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Quote Originally Posted by photomuse View Post
    I wish candidates would campaign on the issues. All of this "look at my family values" is completely untestable. I'm supposed to take you on your word that you don't look at child porn? I hope you don't, but whether you do or not can't really inform my decision to vote for you, because there's no way I really can know.
    In some states you really have to pander to the christian right to get elected, hence the family values bullroar.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 20,248, Level: 43
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclonekj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,170
    Points
    20,248
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Quote Originally Posted by photomuse View Post
    The thing about republicans and democrats is that republicans like to pretend they somehow have moral superiority or higher values, but if you look at the indiscretions that people discover, republicans are just as guilty (if not more so) than democrats. What makes it worse is because republicans caste themselves as somehow having the moral high-ground, they come across as hypocrites.

    I wish candidates would campaign on the issues. All of this "look at my family values" is completely untestable. I'm supposed to take you on your word that you don't look at child porn? I hope you don't, but whether you do or not can't really inform my decision to vote for you, because there's no way I really can know.
    So you don't mind our leaders being scumbags as long as they don't pretend they're not?


    Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonekj View Post
    So you don't mind our leaders being scumbags as long as they don't pretend they're not?
    I'm with you cyclonekj...I'd prefer we seek out leaders that hold themselves to a higher standard!

    I thought Vitter was one of those that would hold himself to a higher standard...unfortunately that was not the case. I generally agree with Vitter from a political standpoint. However, unlike many on the liberal side who could care less about moral ethical behavior of politicians (except when a conservative is caught doing something immoral or unethical), I am not quite as accepting of these types of indiscretions (can you say "Bill Clinton").

    By the way, have you noticed that Larry Flynt is only really interested in "outing" those that disagree with him politically? I am not making any excuse for what Vitter has done but I can assure you that the little black book of the "DC Madame" holds name from all political persuasions.



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 22,768, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,056
    Points
    22,768
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    I have found that those who want to lead, shouldn't and those who should, don't want to.

    That is the best way I can describe American politics.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 51,127, Level: 69
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Drive4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    972
    Posts
    5,541
    Points
    51,127
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Wow, who knew enjoying hookers was such a big deal.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 37,749, Level: 59
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    wolverine68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,568
    Points
    37,749
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 53

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone#1 View Post
    I'm with you cyclonekj...I'd prefer we seek out leaders that hold themselves to a higher standard!

    I thought Vitter was one of those that would hold himself to a higher standard...unfortunately that was not the case. I generally agree with Vitter from a political standpoint. However, unlike many on the liberal side who could care less about moral ethical behavior of politicians (except when a conservative is caught doing something immoral or unethical), I am not quite as accepting of these types of indiscretions (can you say "Bill Clinton").

    By the way, have you noticed that Larry Flynt is only really interested in "outing" those that disagree with him politically? I am not making any excuse for what Vitter has done but I can assure you that the little black book of the "DC Madame" holds name from all political persuasions.
    I'm sorry, but don't get me started on political parties and morals. I am a Democrat. I am Christian. I am offended when any member of any political party goes against my morals. However, I am tired of the conservative wing of politics claiming that they hold the moral high ground. Excuse me, but I have to call BS on that one.
    We all hold different beliefs for different reasons. We can all be religious, and moral, and reasonable, and considerate, and caring, and patriotic regardless of our political affiliation.
    I agree that we need to hold our leaders to a higher standard. That standard has nothing to do with political parties. That standard has to do with the United States of America and all that our country stands for!



    "Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures”." ~Robin Williams

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,882, Level: 66
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    3,797
    Points
    45,882
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 16

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Whew for a minute there I thought this thread title was describing me. I am glad to see that it was just another story about a politician.


    "It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him."
    John Steinbeck

    XBOXLive: MNclone
    PS3: JHudd23
    Twitter: JasonAH

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 38,209, Level: 60
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 841
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU_phoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    1,878
    Points
    38,209
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine68 View Post
    I'm sorry, but don't get me started on political parties and morals. I am a Democrat. I am Christian. I am offended when any member of any political party goes against my morals. However, I am tired of the conservative wing of politics claiming that they hold the moral high ground. Excuse me, but I have to call BS on that one.
    We all hold different beliefs for different reasons. We can all be religious, and moral, and reasonable, and considerate, and caring, and patriotic regardless of our political affiliation.
    I agree that we need to hold our leaders to a higher standard. That standard has nothing to do with political parties. That standard has to do with the United States of America and all that our country stands for!

    We all have to be careful not to confuse the morality (or lack thereof) of a specific politician who represents a party from the actual party platform itself.

    Each party has its politicians who are morally corrupt, and those that live a life with greater level of morality.

    We need to make decisions based upon which party has a platform that best represents the morality we want displayed in our government.

    When a specific politician is found to have done something shameful, both parties need to stop playing politics and start holding their members accountable for their own actions.

    This is the only way I can see us getting back to a situation where the people have respect for politicians rather than contempt.

    It's funny how we have all been told that the President has one of the lowest public ratings ever (approx 30%), but few of us know that the rest of congress has an even lower rating than the President (less than 20% approval)

    Something is certainly wrong across the board & needs to be fixed, starting from within.



  13. #13
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    927
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine68 View Post
    However, I am tired of the conservative wing of politics claiming that they hold the moral high ground. Excuse me, but I have to call BS on that one.
    I have no problem with them claiming it. That's just smart election year business. My problem is with the silly fools who buy it.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,965, Level: 91
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,485
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Incyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,849
    Points
    85,965
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 50

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Maybe if the Dems came around on abortion and, to a lesser extent, the definition of marriage the republicans would have less of a high ground to claim.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 63,497, Level: 78
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,353
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    sdillon500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    northern california
    Posts
    1,302
    Points
    63,497
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 1

    Re: Nice, honorable, enjoys hookers

    Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    Maybe if the Dems came around on abortion and, to a lesser extent, the definition of marriage the republicans would have less of a high ground to claim.
    I agree. I definitely prefer representatives who cheat on their spouses and have to pay someone to touch them. Screw those consenting adults in committed relationships who want to experience the joys of marriage! Filthy sinners.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM