Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 256,734, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LA LA Land
    Posts
    22,849
    Points
    256,734
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,218
    Given: 3,415

    Post here if you thought Indiana was pretty good, better than ISU

    In an earlier thread several posters were arguing with me that Indiana would beat ISU.

    Indiana that has the worst schedule in the nation. Indiana that is ranked well below 100 in every computer model. Indiana that is 0-3 against any team that is not horrible.

    They got blasted by Illinois today. They've beaten NOBODY.

    We've beat Texas, Texas Tech, and a 6-2 Northern Illinois team, our losses are all to top 30 BCS teams. Northern Iowa is ranked above all 4 of Indiana's wins. We're going to be ranked around 35 in computer polls that don't count margin of victory, around 45 in those that do, Indiana is going to be worse than 100 in most of them.

    Just wondering if any of you had the gonads to man up and admit how irrational, unfounded and pessimistic that idiocy was.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 544,326, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    39,665
    Points
    544,326
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,932
    Given: 2,952

    Re: Post here if you thought Indiana was pretty good, better than ISU

    Well, count me as one of those that NEVER thought Indiana was better than ISU...


    "That's what I do. I drink, and I know things." - Tyrion Lannister

    "Success is just failure that hasn't happened yet." - life advice from Latrell Spreewell


  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 29,065, Level: 52
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    isugcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waverly
    Posts
    1,636
    Points
    29,065
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 402

    Re: Post here if you thought Indiana was pretty good, better than ISU

    I have an annoying coworker that's an Indiana alum and has been lovin' ISU's past two weeks of beatdowns... Any help from anyone for showing this jerkoff stats/rankings definitively showing how terrible Indiana is? Thanks in advance :)



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 256,734, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LA LA Land
    Posts
    22,849
    Points
    256,734
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,218
    Given: 3,415

    Re: Post here if you thought Indiana was pretty good, better than ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by isugcs View Post
    I have an annoying coworker that's an Indiana alum and has been lovin' ISU's past two weeks of beatdowns... Any help from anyone for showing this jerkoff stats/rankings definitively showing how terrible Indiana is? Thanks in advance :)
    I doubt if the two ISU "fans" (I suspect they are secret Hawk trolls) show up in this post after ISU beat Texas and Indiana got rolled by Illinois.

    I can't find the thread, but they were stating Indiana was pretty good and we suck. General thread about how godly the Big Ten is this year 1-10 with the exception of Minn. It was altogether completely irrational, I mean we were 7-6 last year and beat Tech this year... yet we're worse than one of the worst BCS teams in the nation? BS before we beat Texas and especially BS after.

    I showed them how Indiana's 4 wins came against teams ranked something like 130, 177, 201, 211 in Sagarin (sure those aren't exact but not looking them up again). Northern Iowa is ranked above all their wins. We were 55 in Sagarin to Indiana's 109, I'm sure that gap will widen in the new rankings on USA Today tomorrow.



  5. #5
    Walk On
    Points: 10,191, Level: 30
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    197
    Points
    10,191
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 10

    Re: Post here if you thought Indiana was pretty good, better than ISU

    Who in h*ll would say that Indiana is better than I-State?!?!?! (Other than hawk fans). No sports fan that knows anything about college football would say that....again, other than hawk fans.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 467,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    70,964
    Points
    467,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 2,181

    Re: Post here if you thought Indiana was pretty good, better than ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    I doubt if the two ISU "fans" (I suspect they are secret Hawk trolls) show up in this post after ISU beat Texas and Indiana got rolled by Illinois.

    I can't find the thread, but they were stating Indiana was pretty good and we suck. General thread about how godly the Big Ten is this year 1-10 with the exception of Minn. It was altogether completely irrational, I mean we were 7-6 last year and beat Tech this year... yet we're worse than one of the worst BCS teams in the nation? BS before we beat Texas and especially BS after.

    I showed them how Indiana's 4 wins came against teams ranked something like 130, 177, 201, 211 in Sagarin (sure those aren't exact but not looking them up again). Northern Iowa is ranked above all their wins. We were 55 in Sagarin to Indiana's 109, I'm sure that gap will widen in the new rankings on USA Today tomorrow.
    Half the teams in the Big Ten are not very good this year.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Hallice, Brady, Stu, Lard, Naz, Deonte, Monte, Matt, Simeon, Jordan, and Babb.

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 115,283, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    6,242
    Points
    115,283
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 8

    Re: Post here if you thought Indiana was pretty good, better than ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Half the teams in the Big Ten are not very good this year.
    But their Big Ten teams, which means they are the greatest **** ever.

    No Iowa or Big 10 fan will ever admit that Illinois is equal to a Texas Tech. Or a KSU is equal to a Northwestern. Or KU is equal to Minnesota. Its all just God's chosen few this and Big 10 Network that and "oh look, 1999 Co-champions for life!!!"

    ISU would beat Indiana by 10.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM