Walk On
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Recruit update: KCRG video highlights of 2011 LB commit Jevohn Miller

BGM 20, HLV 0 | KCRG-TV9 | Cedar Rapids, Iowa News, Sports, and Weather | Local

BGM (Brooklyn) 20, HLV (Victor) 0. ISU 2011 LB commit Jevohn Miller leads his BGM team to the Iowa Class A District 6 championship. BGM is 8-1 on the year, with their one loss coming in week 1 to Iowa City Regina, the #1 team in Class 2A. This is BGM's first conference/district championship in football in over 40 years.

Miller (#39) starts at TE and LB but takes about half the snaps at QB in a spread option offense. Friday night he had 13 carries for 168 yards rushing including an 80-yard touchdown run and led his team's defense to a shut out of their district rival. This is first year that he's ever played the QB position.

OK, so it's Iowa Class A football, we'd expect him to dominate, but what I found impressive in the video is how he moves at his size, a legit 6'2" 225 lbs (he's listed on their roster at 6'3" 230 lbs).

What was that statistic that Iowa had earlier this year about having so many former H.S. QB's on their roster because the QB is usually the best athlete on most H.S. teams? Looks like CPR is taking the same approach, as we already have three high school QB's committed for 2011 (Richardson, Daniels, and Miller).

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 19

Re: Recruit update: KCRG video highlights of 2011 LB commit Jevohn Miller

This guy is just like Bryce Paup. Bryce played at Scranton before they merged with Jefferson. They were in the smallest class and only had 13 guys on the team when we played them. Bryce did everything (RB, LB, Punt, Kick, returned kicks, etc).

He had a great career at UNI and then with the GB Packers. I have always liked this offer regardless of what anyone thinks.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 0

Thanks for the post!

I've been one of the toughest critics on this current recruiting class, but I will say one thing good about it.... at least we've got some talented athletes with some decent size.

They might not have 4 stars behind their names, but guys like Miller, Boyd, Lemke, Brun, Daniels, Irving, etc have some good size to them. Lalk would be another one if he commits. These are versatile guys that could play quite a few positions depending on where they fit in best? LB, DE, TE.... even OL if they grow like Ben Lamaak did.

Pro
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,415
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

Thanks for the post. I was unaware the Miller took snaps at QB. Looks like a legit athlete that has the size and football smarts. Hopefully he'll be one of those diamond in the rough type guys and I look forward to his progression at ISU.

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 8

What is the deal on Council Bluffs Lincoln running back Austin Ebertowski. He put up 240 yards on Ankeny last night and is dominating games for an undefeated highly ranked team. Anybody seen him play? He's big and fast and surely we could find a place for an athlete like that. Are grades an issue?

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    What is the deal on Council Bluffs Lincoln running back Austin Ebertowski. He put up 240 yards on Ankeny last night and is dominating games for an undefeated highly ranked team. Anybody seen him play? He's big and fast and surely we could find a place for an athlete like that. Are grades an issue?
    He's definitely picked up more and more recruiting momentum all season long, and for good reason. His Rivals profile says he has offers from Illinois St & South Dakota, but I wouldn't be surprised if he drew an offer or at least a preferred walk on offer from a big school.

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 8

I just watched his highlight reel. Looks like he plays safety too and at 205 lbs maybe he could even grow into a linebacker. With sprinter speed (I think he's the state 200 meter champ) I would think he would at least be a great special teams guy, if not more.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    I just watched his highlight reel. Looks like he plays safety too and at 205 lbs maybe he could even grow into a linebacker. With sprinter speed (I think he's the state 200 meter champ) I would think he would at least be a great special teams guy, if not more.
    That's a good point. Nik Moser was a former sprinter in HS and I believe a 400m hurdles champ. He played several different positions throughout HS and developed into a pretty solid safety for us, though he was a little bigger.