Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 206

Williams Blog: Final look at Texas

Here's my last look at the Longhorns. Hopefully it makes you smile at least a little bit.

Williams Blog: Final look at Texas | Cyclone Fanatic

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 72

Re: Williams Blog: Final look at Texas

I like Wally's approach with everyone in the box. TX is not a great passing team, probalby better than ISU, but that doesn't take much. The only chance for ISU to win, or to even keep close in this game is to get turnovers, and that is not going to happen if TX runs up the middle for 6 yards all day. This is a game that could get really ugly if ISU can not figure out a way to stop TX and at least get a few first downs. Based strictly on stars I am sure this is the most talented team that ISU has faced all year.

I really do not see any way that ISU can win this game, but after NU last year even impossible seems possible.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 470

Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    I really do not see any way that ISU can win this game, but after NU last year even impossible seems possible.
    If the Texas team that lost to UCLA shows up, Iowa State will win this game.

If the Texas team that beat Nebraska shows up, it might be a long afternoon.

Texas having a bad day and Iowa State having a good one is all we need to win this, we don't need the epicly good luck of last years Nebraska game.

Last edited by Judoka; 10-22-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,099
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    If the Texas team that lost to UCLA shows up, Iowa State will win this game.

If the Texas team that beat Nebraska shows up, it might be a long afternoon.

Texas having a bad day and Iowa State having a good one is all we need to win this, we don't need the epically good luck of last years Nebraska game.
    Agree. I think Oklahoma is quite a bit better than Texas this year. Even if Oklahoma had a bad day and we had a good one, we were going to struggle to win that game. I think Oklahoma is the real deal this year.
    I think that in the Texas game on the other hand, if they are having a bad day, and we are having a good one, we can take advantage and pull the upset.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man"

Addict
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 82

Well, for the first time in three weeks, I feel like our chances are more than zero. And as youtube shows, we do catch a break every now and then. This would be a huge spot for lightening to strike for us. At 4-4 with KU and CU in our next 3 games, bowl hopes are alive again and there is excitement around the program.

That said, we don't seem to get breaks very often, and I don't feel like we are due now. I think 38-13 as CW predicted could be very close. Though part of me feels like this is the kind of game where UT finally gets it all together and puts up a score in the 40's or 50's.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    Well, for the first time in three weeks, I feel like our chances are more than zero. And as youtube shows, we do catch a break every now and then. This would be a huge spot for lightening to strike for us. At 4-4 with KU and CU in our next 3 games, bowl hopes are alive again and there is excitement around the program.

That said, we don't seem to get breaks very often, and I don't feel like we are due now. I think 38-13 as CW predicted could be very close. Though part of me feels like this is the kind of game where UT finally gets it all together and puts up a score in the 40's or 50's.
    Utah finally put it all together and killed us
    OU finally put it all together and killed us
    Texas will put it all together and kill us.

Our defense is bad enough to make anyone look good. Our offense is inconsistent and they could be the best defense we have seen this year, which is saying a lot. The only way this game is close is if Texas is still thinking how great they are after beating Nebraska and they think we won't show up.

I don't see anyway we beat Texas.

"Not at the table Carlos."

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 470

Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    Though part of me feels like this is the kind of game where UT finally gets it all together and puts up a score in the 40's or 50's.
    I'm a little worried about that as well. Everything clicked for Utah and Oklahoma when they played us, so hopefully the same doesn't happen at Texas. Texas isn't coming off of a bye week though, and the Nebraska game probably took a lot out of them emotionally. I think they probably see us as an easy win, so with luck they're already thinking about Baylor and K-State. To bad they don't have Oklahoma State next week for more of a distraction.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    I'm a little worried about that as well. Everything clicked for Utah and Oklahoma when they played us, so hopefully the same doesn't happen at Texas. Texas isn't coming off of a bye week though, and the Nebraska game probably took a lot out of them emotionally. I think they probably see us as an easy win, so with luck they're already thinking about Baylor and K-State. To bad they don't have Oklahoma State next week for more of a distraction.
    Yeah, college footbal teams rarely put great performances up in back to back weeks and a lot of times are flat after big wins. Unfortunately for us, Texas doesn't have to play great to beat us

"Not at the table Carlos."