Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 44

Ezell Checks in From Taiwan

Heather is posting a blog to share her experiences on the Jones Cup Team. Here's the first posting.

Hello from College Station, Texas!
    Finally after 11 practices, seven days and not enough sleep, training is over. I learned a lot in the seven days, and I think it went really well. I am very excited to no longer be practicing and am ready to start playing some games over in Taiwan.
    There are 13 players on the team, six from the Big 12 and seven from other schools. The head coach (Vic Schaefer) is the associate head coach from Texas A&M.
    Starting on Monday, July 2, we had two-a-day practices, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, each lasting at least two hours. At first it took a lot of work to get used to each other, but I think we finally got it. The hardest thing for me to adjust to was the style of defense we are playing. We all know the kind of defense Texas A&M likes to play, and unfortunately it’s the complete opposite from what we play at Iowa State. It’s a great learning experience, and to my surprise, I have adjusted pretty well. I am playing a lot of point guard for the team and a little shooting guard. It’s definitely some good practice for next year.
    We left on Sunday, July 8, for Taiwan, and it was a 14-hour flight. Our first game in Taiwan is on July 11, and I believe we play one of the Taiwan teams. Then our second game, which will be our toughest, is against the Australians. I will let you all know how our first couple games go so check back soon. Until then, take care and Go Cyclones!
    Heather Ezell
    Ezell Talks About Jones Cup Training Camp - CYCLONES.com—The Official Web Site of Iowa State University Athletics

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Re: Ezell Checks in From Taiwan

Thanks for the post. We could benefit from some A&M defense. Especially iIn the "slow" periods, I find I go to CF for all my Cyclone news of consequence. If it happened, someone here picks up and passes it on.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads