Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

QB Trouble at UConn

Frazier (Sr) - Starter at beginning of year, was dropped to 3rd string.
    Endres (Jr) - New starter, was suspended today for a pattern of violations of the school's substance abuse policies and will miss the entire 2010-11 academic year (sounds likely he may not return to school).
    Box (Fr) - Next man in, will make first start on Saturday.

This leaves a handful of Soph's and one Junior on the roster at QB for next year.

UConn is our Week 3 road trip between home games with Iowa and Texas (after a Bye). Could be a good opportunity for a non-con BCS road win.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 76

Re: QB Trouble at UConn

Actually, if this freshman is now the future for UConn, it could work in their favor. This will allow this freshman of half of season of gaining playing experience he otherwise would not have gotten.

Just like Landry Jones in Oklahoma is a much better quarterback as a sophomore because he basically started his entire freshman year. If Bradford doesn't get hurt, Jones holds a clipboard all of last year and would all be new experiences for him this year.

Recruit
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU_Alum_2000 View Post
    Frazier (Sr) - Starter at beginning of year, was dropped to 3rd string.
    Endres (Jr) - New starter, was suspended today for a pattern of violations of the school's substance abuse policies and will miss the entire 2010-11 academic year (sounds likely he may not return to school).
    Box (Fr) - Next man in, will make first start on Saturday.

This leaves a handful of Soph's and one Junior on the roster at QB for next year.

UConn is our Week 3 road trip between home games with Iowa and Texas (after a Bye). Could be a good opportunity for a non-con BCS road win.

Actually James played against Zach Frazier when James was a freshman and really outplayed him. Frazier played for Mechanicsburg and they were always on our schedule as a scrimmage. We were driving home from Conneticut when we got the call from Coach Rhoads and the rest is history, what a small world

Tom Capello

Walk On
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Capello View Post
    Actually James played against Zach Frazier when James was a freshman and really outplayed him. Frazier played for Mechanicsburg and they were always on our schedule as a scrimmage. We were driving home from Conneticut when we got the call from Coach Rhoads and the rest is history, what a small world

Tom Capello
    Mr. Capello-

I must admit that I really look forward to your posts on here. Having a player's parent on here (actively participating in some of the fan discussion) offers a very interesting perspective (IMO) that is quite unique. Glad your son chose the Cyclones and I'm hoping for great things from him in the future. As hard as it is for some to believe right now, I KNOW this program is headed down the right path - hopefully your son is going to have the opportunity to be a part of something special here in Ames.

Recruit
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by WaverlyCy View Post
    Mr. Capello-

I must admit that I really look forward to your posts on here. Having a player's parent on here (actively participating in some of the fan discussion) offers a very interesting perspective (IMO) that is quite unique. Glad your son chose the Cyclones and I'm hoping for great things from him in the future. As hard as it is for some to believe right now, I KNOW this program is headed down the right path - hopefully your son is going to have the opportunity to be a part of something special here in Ames.

Thanks for your kind words, i just don't want to sound like a jerk being that i have a son on the team and of course he is better than everyone(just a parent talking)We are glad we chose the cyclones also although sometimes it's hard to bite your tounge especially when some say things that you know are not true like that james did not have any other choices. This is so far from the truth he could havve went numerous places but honestly ISU was the best choice. I hope things work out here and getting to know coach Rhoads he is top notch and he does have the program going in the right direction. So until i'm told to stay off here once and awhile i like to throw my two cents in the ring. Can't wait until the 30th, we get to come back.

TC

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,655
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Thanks for your kind words, i just don't want to sound like a jerk being that i have a son on the team and of course he is better than everyone(just a parent talking)We are glad we chose the cyclones also although sometimes it's hard to bite your tounge especially when some say things that you know are not true like that james did not have any other choices. This is so far from the truth he could havve went numerous places but honestly ISU was the best choice. I hope things work out here and getting to know coach Rhoads he is top notch and he does have the program going in the right direction. So until i'm told to stay off here once and awhile i like to throw my two cents in the ring. Can't wait until the 30th, we get to come back.

TC

Curious, what were his other FBS scholarship offers? I never knew who ISU beat to get him. Thanks.

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU_Alum_2000 View Post

Good, I was looking to head up that way anyways... I'm always down for a road win! (seeing as how I'm sitting at like 2-13 for a W-L record right now... any little bit helps)

Oh we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
    and may her colors ever fly!!!
    In Accordance with Prophecy

Rookie
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

TC
    I also like the insight you provide, and I am thankful your son chose to become a member of the Cyclone family.
    Message boards would be a tough place for a parent. First there are the trolls, who have ill for both ISU and those who play for the Cyclones. Second, there are fans, like myself, that can be critical of performance. Hopefully it always remains in the context of the football field.

Addict
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 458
    Given: 213

Hope we can take em next year. We will need it.