Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 58,649, Level: 75
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CloneState1028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,273
    Points
    58,649
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Can someone do me a favor...?

    And list all the guys who are on scholarship for FB this season? I believe the max is 85, and I assume that's how many are on scholarship.

    I would do it myself, but I am not as connected to FB as I am MBB (and it's much more to remember).

    I'm putting together a class breakdown spreadsheet like the MBB one in my sig, so this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    Here's a link to the official roster on cyclones.com...it doesn't separate walk-ons from players on scholarship so if you know who is and who isn't, please help me out!

    Football - Roster - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 20,983, Level: 44
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    832
    Points
    20,983
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    Here's a list, with class and Rivals stars also included.

    QB – Austen Arnaud 3* (rSR), Jerome Tiller 3* (rSO), James Capello 2* (rFR), Jared Barnett 3* (FR)

    RB – Alexander Robinson 3* (rSR), Bo Williams 4* (rJR), James White 3* (rFR), Jeff Woody 1* (rFR), Shontrelle Johnson 3* (FR), Duran Hollis 3* (FR)

    WR – Jake Williams 1* (rSR), Darius Reynolds 4* (rJR), Sedrick Johnson 4* (JR), Darius Darks 3* (JR), Chris Young 4* (JR), Lonzie Range 2* (rSO), Josh Lenz 2* (SO), Keith Blanton 3* (rFR), Donnie Jennert 3* (rFR), Albert Gary 2* (rFR), Jarvis West 3* (FR)

    TE – Collin Franklin 2* (rSR), Andrew Mitchell 1* (rSR), Ricky Howard 3* (JR), Kurt Hammerschmidt 2* (rSO), Pierce Richardson 3* (FR)

    OT – Kelechi Osemele 3* (rJR), Zach Spears 2* (JR), Brayden Burris 2* (rSO), Carter Bykowski 2* (rSO), Kyle Lichtenberg 3* (rFR), Shaban Dika 3* (FR), Jacob Gannon 2* (FR)

    OG/C – Alex Alvarez 2* (rSR), Ben Lamaak 2* (rSR), Sean Smith 1* (rSR), Hayworth Hicks 2* (rJR), Jon Caspers 3* (JR), Ethan Tuftee 2* (rFR), Tom Farniok 2* (FR), Bob Graham 3* (FR), Ben Loth 3* (FR)

    DE – Rashawn Parker 3* (rSR), Patrick Neal 2* (rJR), Jacob Lattimer 3* (rJR), Rony Nelson 3* (JR), Roosevelt Maggitt 2* (rSO), Aaron Moore 3* (rFR), Willie Scott 2* (rFR), Nick Kron 2* (GS)

    DT – Bailey Johnson 3* (rSR), Taylor Mansfield 1* (rSR), Jerrod Black 2* (rJR), Stephen Ruempolhamer 2* (JR), Cleyon Laing 2* (rSO), Jake McDonough 3* (rSO), Walter Woods 2* (rFR), Brandon Jensen 2* (FR)

    LB – Preston Kaufman 1* (rSR), Matt Tau’fo’ou 3* (rJR), Kevin Hamlin 2* (rSO), Matt Morton 1* (rSO), A.J. Klein 3* (SO), Jake Knott 2* (SO), Jeremiah George 3* (FR), Floyd Mattison 3* (FR), C.J. Morgan 2* (FR), Adrian Bennett 3* (FR)

    CB – Leonard Johnson 3* (JR), Ter’ran Benton 3* (JR), Anthony Young 4* (JR), Jeremy Reeves 2* (SO), Jansen Watson 2* (rFR), Matt Thomas 2* (FR)

    S – David Sims 2* (rSR), Michael O’Connell 1* (rSR), Zac Sandvig 3* (rSR), Earl Brooks 1* (rJR), Durell Givens 3* (JR), Jacques Washington 2* (rFR), Deon Broomfield 2* (rFR)

    K – Grant Mahoney 2* (JR), Zach Guyer 2* (JR)

    P – Daniel Kuehl 1* (rSR), Kirby Van Der Kamp 2* (FR)

    A few guys could possibly be a different position. For example, Kron is grayshirting and could end up being a DT rather than a DE. Dika could be an OG and Loth could be an OT.

    Former walk-ons: Jeff Woody, Jake Williams, Andrew Mitchell, Sean Smith, Taylor Mansfield, Preston Kaufman, Matt Morton, Michael O'Connell, and Daniel Kuehl

    Players likely redshirting this year: Jared Barnett, Duran Hollis, Chris Young, Jarvis West, Ricky Howard, Pierce Richardson, Jon Caspers, Shaban Dika, Ben Loth, Tom Farniok, Bob Graham, Jacob Gannon, Brandon Jensen, Rony Nelson, Adrian Bennett, Floyd Mattison, C.J. Morgan, Matt Thomas, Durrell Givens

    Grayshirting: Nick Kron



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 58,649, Level: 75
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CloneState1028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,273
    Points
    58,649
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyfan15 View Post
    Here's a list, with class and Rivals stars also included.

    QB – Austen Arnaud 3* (rSR), Jerome Tiller 3* (rSO), James Capello 2* (rFR), Jared Barnett 3* (FR)

    RB – Alexander Robinson 3* (rSR), Bo Williams 4* (rJR), James White 3* (rFR), Jeff Woody 1* (rFR), Shontrelle Johnson 3* (FR), Duran Hollis 3* (FR)

    WR – Jake Williams 1* (rSR), Darius Reynolds 4* (rJR), Sedrick Johnson 4* (JR), Darius Darks 3* (JR), Chris Young 4* (JR), Lonzie Range 2* (rSO), Josh Lenz 2* (SO), Keith Blanton 3* (rFR), Donnie Jennert 3* (rFR), Albert Gary 2* (rFR), Jarvis West 3* (FR)

    TE – Collin Franklin 2* (rSR), Andrew Mitchell 1* (rSR), Ricky Howard 3* (JR), Kurt Hammerschmidt 2* (rSO), Pierce Richardson 3* (FR)

    OT – Kelechi Osemele 3* (rJR), Zach Spears 2* (JR), Brayden Burris 2* (rSO), Carter Bykowski 2* (rSO), Kyle Lichtenberg 3* (rFR), Shaban Dika 3* (FR), Jacob Gannon 2* (FR)

    OG/C – Alex Alvarez 2* (rSR), Ben Lamaak 2* (rSR), Sean Smith 1* (rSR), Hayworth Hicks 2* (rJR), Jon Caspers 3* (JR), Ethan Tuftee 2* (rFR), Tom Farniok 2* (FR), Bob Graham 3* (FR), Ben Loth 3* (FR)

    DE – Rashawn Parker 3* (rSR), Patrick Neal 2* (rJR), Jacob Lattimer 3* (rJR), Rony Nelson 3* (JR), Roosevelt Maggitt 2* (rSO), Aaron Moore 3* (rFR), Willie Scott 2* (rFR), Nick Kron 2* (GS)

    DT – Bailey Johnson 3* (rSR), Taylor Mansfield 1* (rSR), Jerrod Black 2* (rJR), Stephen Ruempolhamer 2* (JR), Cleyon Laing 2* (rSO), Jake McDonough 3* (rSO), Walter Woods 2* (rFR), Brandon Jensen 2* (FR)

    LB – Preston Kaufman 1* (rSR), Matt Tau’fo’ou 3* (rJR), Kevin Hamlin 2* (rSO), Matt Morton 1* (rSO), A.J. Klein 3* (SO), Jake Knott 2* (SO), Jeremiah George 3* (FR), Floyd Mattison 3* (FR), C.J. Morgan 2* (FR), Adrian Bennett 3* (FR)

    CB – Leonard Johnson 3* (JR), Ter’ran Benton 3* (JR), Anthony Young 4* (JR), Jeremy Reeves 2* (SO), Jansen Watson 2* (rFR), Matt Thomas 2* (FR)

    S – David Sims 2* (rSR), Michael O’Connell 1* (rSR), Zac Sandvig 3* (rSR), Earl Brooks 1* (rJR), Durell Givens 3* (JR), Jacques Washington 2* (rFR), Deon Broomfield 2* (rFR)

    K – Grant Mahoney 2* (JR), Zach Guyer 2* (JR)

    P – Daniel Kuehl 1* (rSR), Kirby Van Der Kamp 2* (FR)

    A few guys could possibly be a different position. For example, Kron is grayshirting and could end up being a DT rather than a DE. Dika could be an OG and Loth could be an OT.

    Former walk-ons: Jeff Woody, Jake Williams, Andrew Mitchell, Sean Smith, Taylor Mansfield, Preston Kaufman, Matt Morton, Michael O'Connell, and Daniel Kuehl

    Players likely redshirting this year: Jared Barnett, Duran Hollis, Chris Young, Jarvis West, Ricky Howard, Pierce Richardson, Jon Caspers, Shaban Dika, Ben Loth, Tom Farniok, Bob Graham, Jacob Gannon, Brandon Jensen, Rony Nelson, Adrian Bennett, Floyd Mattison, C.J. Morgan, Matt Thomas, Durrell Givens

    Grayshirting: Nick Kron
    Thanks man!!!



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 33,745, Level: 56
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,738
    Points
    33,745
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    Dakota Zimmerman is on scholarship as a long snapper. Junior.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 20,983, Level: 44
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    832
    Points
    20,983
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    Quote Originally Posted by clone2011 View Post
    Dakota Zimmerman is on scholarship as a long snapper. Junior.
    I wasn't sure about him since he wasn't listed in the story about former walk-ons that Chris did a while back. Did he for sure go on scholarship? If so, congratulations to him!


    Last edited by cyfan15; 10-21-2010 at 11:35 PM.

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 58,649, Level: 75
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CloneState1028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,273
    Points
    58,649
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    Quote Originally Posted by clone2011 View Post
    Dakota Zimmerman is on scholarship as a long snapper. Junior.
    I put him on there, had a feeling he was when I saw that he had started all of 2009 as the deep snapper. Thanks for confirming this, although you didn't know that you were.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 865,346, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,020
    Points
    865,346
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,863
    Given: 1,596

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    The fact that you would do this is amazing! Nice work.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 20,983, Level: 44
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    832
    Points
    20,983
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    IMO you can learn a lot about the direction of the program by looking at these lists. You can see that player retention has been pretty good by ISU standards since the 2008 class. Most of the guys who have left since then have simply been recruited over, with the notable exceptions being Scott Haughton and Ernest Ferguson. Only 1-3 recruits per year aren't making it to school.

    Because of this, we're going to be at 85 scholarships next year, and fewer than five will be former walk-ons. Nothing at all against walk-ons, but it's a good sign for the program when you don't have a bunch of former walk-ons on scholarship because that means you're keeping most of the guys you recruited on scholarship in the program.

    So player retention appears to be improving, which will mean a more experienced team with more depth. Recruiting also seems to be improving with the number of three star recruits in last year's class and the number of recruits who committed early this year (which is a pretty strong indicator that they were some of our first choices). That will lead to a more talented team. More experience plus more depth plus more talent plus quality coaching equals significantly better. We're getting there.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 19,192, Level: 42
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    bfross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    867
    Points
    19,192
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    Anybody know if Lonzie Range will still be here next year? I thought I read somewhere that his latest ACL injury would likely end his career.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,951, Level: 73
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    4,619
    Points
    56,951
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 79

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    interesting that there are 19 guys RSing. That seems like a lot.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,131, Level: 90
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,707
    Points
    85,131
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can someone do me a favor...?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    interesting that there are 19 guys RSing. That seems like a lot.
    You can tell that CPR is dedicated to player development. He has no issue RSing guys if they are not going to make an immediate impact. an dguys that can make an immediate impact (Johnson) play.
    I don't think you will see us bring in an OL or DL that will not RS unless they are a stud. Everyone else redshirts and spends a year int the weight room.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM