Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Team update

Spent a couple days at practice this week and thought I'd update others....
    First off if we could play all the transfers, we would be a top 25 team. Allen, Booker, and White definately show starting potential. Babb was out with an injury, but from what he has shown at Penn St., he could start also.
    White is good, but is not as good as I thought he would be. He is not anywhere near the ranking he had as a recruit. He would be an 7 pt. and 7 reb a game player. He is too short to be the stud he was advertised to be.

Incoming players that can play this year....
    Jake Anderson should definately run point with Garrett as an off guard. Anderson just knows how to run a team and was impressive. Great leader.
    Demarcus Phillips will give us good depth off the bench. Kind of a poor mans A.J. Abrahms. Stocky and can do some good things.
    Melvin Ejim is definately a stud. He will start and could be our best player already. All I am worried about is his attitude. Not sure how much he is buying into the team concept.
    Calvin Godfrey is a good sized athlete and will have to contribute. He is raw but works hard and seems to find rebounds more than anyone else. I am excited for his future.
    McKnight and Railey were very disappointing. They are tall and skinny and not very skilled at all. McKnight is fairly athletic but that is about the only bright thing with these two. Unfortunately Railey will probably have to play, and that is going to be a majore weak spot with the team.

After all is said and done, I definately think the clones are going to surprise teams this year. They will rely big time on guard play. Next year could be a big time leap and I see the clones as a top 3 team in the Big 12/10..... I know that is a somewhat crazy prediction but I think it's possible.

Addict
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

Re: Team update

I want some of what you're smoking.

Thanks for the info, though.

All-Star
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by weenerhawk View Post
    First off if we could play all the transfers, we would be a top 25 team. Allen, Booker, and White definately show starting potential. Babb was out with an injury, but from what he has shown at Penn St., he could start also.
    White is good, but is not as good as I thought he would be. He is not anywhere near the ranking he had as a recruit. He would be an 7 pt. and 7 reb a game player. He is too short to be the stud he was advertised to be.

Jake Anderson should definately run point with Garrett as an off guard. Anderson just knows how to run a team and was impressive. Great leader.
    Demarcus Phillips will give us good depth off the bench. Kind of a poor mans A.J. Abrahms. Stocky and can do some good things.
    Melvin Ejim is definately a stud. He will start and could be our best player already. All I am worried about is his attitude. Not sure how much he is buying into the team concept.
    Calvin Godfrey is a good sized athlete and will have to contribute. He is raw but works hard and seems to find rebounds more than anyone else. I am excited for his future.
    McKnight and Railey were very disappointing. They are tall and skinny and not very skilled at all. McKnight is fairly athletic but that is about the only bright thing with these two. Unfortunately Railey will probably have to play, and that is going to be a majore weak spot with the team.

After all is said and done, I definately think the clones are going to surprise teams this year. They will rely big time on guard play. Next year could be a big time leap and I see the clones as a top 3 team in the Big 12/10..... I know that is a somewhat crazy prediction but I think it's possible.
    thanks for the information. if this is true that is a concern.

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

I'm not sure I've ever heard White described as that. I hope he turns into the super-star he was advertised as.....wouldn't hurt anyway.

Pro
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,188
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 10

A bunch of average transfers from average teams (except Allen) are going to make ISU a top 25 team. It just doesn't pass the smell test. A lot of fans are setting themselves up for a fall. Give Hoiberg the time he needs to really build a program. It's unfair to create a fantasy that he can't live up to.

Addict
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 379
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by weenerhawk View Post

I got the impression from the Cap City League that Ejim could have a bit of an attitude. Hopefully one of the leaders (Anderson?) can put him in his place.

So can Fred coach? :) What about Scott--in Fred's interview on cyclones.com, he said he has been out of practice b/c of his back. Scott really toughed it out last year and I was hoping he could be pretty healthy this year since that hurt his shooting. He had to put so much effort into defense and just getting up and down the court that he had no legs left.

I have no expectations for this year. I fully expect us to be 2009 Iowa bad and you should too. We might as well be pleasantly surprised if things are better than expected.

We would certainly benefit from having Dendy around. What an idiot that kid was.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 627
    Given: 394

What is Dendy doing now?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

Yeah, to bad we couldn't keep keep Dendy and Hamilton. That really hurts.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    What is Dendy doing now?
    Transferred to Middle Tennessee State.

Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,348
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 3

So if White isn't as good as we thought, then why has he broken weight lifting records, and CFH called him a "beast on the block" today and couldn't stop smiling.

Addict
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 394
    Given: 173

Quote Originally Posted by cayin View Post
    Yeah, to bad we couldn't keep keep Dendy and Hamilton. That really hurts.
    You'll have that though with transferring and being closer to home...

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 773
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't know weenerhawk from a hole in the ground, but I'm guessing NBA GMs are not lining up to hire him as a scout...

Rookie
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    A bunch of average transfers from average teams (except Allen) are going to make ISU a top 25 team. It just doesn't pass the smell test. A lot of fans are setting themselves up for a fall. Give Hoiberg the time he needs to really build a program. It's unfair to create a fantasy that he can't live up to.
    I am not going to say it is certain ISU will be a top-3 Big 12 team come 2011-12, but I think you are understating the transfer/incoming group. It does not matter what team they are coming from at all.
    Remember 2000? JT, Nurse, and Horton came from JuCo's. Compare that to Allen (MSU), Babb (PSU), White (Minn), and Booker (SIU). Allen and White are not average transfers. All but Babb were more highly thought of than most of the players on any successful ISU team. Not too mention they will be in the program for a year.

Coaches always deserve more time than fans give them.

Did we really learn anything from this "report"?

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 95

I am ok losing ham and Dendy considering the transfers we were able to take. Dendy only had this year left and was a headcase; and not sure ham could keep up with the up-tempo the team is looking for.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

weenerhawk what day did you see the team? was Scott practicing when you were there? Thank you for sharing. I hear that DG banked in a 3 quarter court shot at the end of a drill one of the days did you see that?