Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 152

Dallas Cowboys

Pretty much a pathetic use of a team right now. They have pro bowl caliber players at almost every single position. IMO, easily in the top 5 of most talented teams in the NFL, if not the top.

These guys could start for over half of teams right now...

Romo
    F. Jones
    Barber
    (I bet some would even kill for Choice)
    Witten
    Austin, Williams, Bryant (any of these guys could be #1 receivers for a number of teams)
    2-3 guys on the offensive line

Ware
    Spears
    Ratliff
    B. James
    Newman
    Jenkins

I'm sure I missed a couple, undoubtedly someone will debate a few on this list - but my point does not change.

A person could make a clear case the offense is more talent heavy than the defense. However, the problem has clearly been the offense and special teams (namely kick-off coverage the past 2 weeks).

The Cowboy offense is simply a much, much, much more talented version of the Cyclone offense. Can move the ball when they want to, but consistently make way too many mental mistakes. In every game this season, Dallas has clearly had more talent than the team they have faced. Yet with only one win, it doesn't show.

I simply can't understand how Jerry, a guy never shy to make a change, can put all this faith in Wade Phillips and even Jason Garrett. The team is on a direct path to nowhere and an early Super Bowl favorite is likely to not even make the playoffs - nor even make .500.

The team is not full of "me" guys anymore nor drama queens. Yet the results are about the same. Discipline and leadership are clearly lacking in Dallas. What I wouldn't give to have a guy like Bill Cowher leading this franchise.

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Re: Dallas Cowboys

I've always thought that the Cowgirl's problem is that they are coddled. They have this warped perception of football because everything is given to them just because they are the freaking Dallas Cowboys. GO VIKINGS!

Starter
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17

Goes to show that bad coaching caught up with them. Jerry Jones had it right with Parcells and even he didn't want to put up with Jones.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 65

The lack of discipline is mind boggling...and that reflects directly on the coaching IMO.

Wade will be gone but until Jerry Jones gives up control, they will never get a Cowher/Shanahan-type of coach.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 0

We are seeing exactly what happens when Norv Turner and Wade Phillips really coach their teams. The Chargers aren't as talented as the Cowboys by any stretch but if they had Matt Cassel instead of Rivers that is a 4-12 team.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

At least their play or lack thereof is fun to watch, from a non-Cowboy perspective.

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 720
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Pretty much a pathetic use of a team right now. They have pro bowl caliber players at almost every single position. IMO, easily in the top 5 of most talented teams in the NFL, if not the top.

These guys could start for over half of teams right now...

Romo
    F. Jones
    Barber
    (I bet some would even kill for Choice)
    Witten
    Austin, Williams, Bryant (any of these guys could be #1 receivers for a number of teams)
    2-3 guys on the offensive line

Ware
    Spears
    Ratliff
    B. James
    Newman
    Jenkins

I'm sure I missed a couple, undoubtedly someone will debate a few on this list - but my point does not change.

A person could make a clear case the offense is more talent heavy than the defense. However, the problem has clearly been the offense and special teams (namely kick-off coverage the past 2 weeks).

The Cowboy offense is simply a much, much, much more talented version of the Cyclone offense. Can move the ball when they want to, but consistently make way too many mental mistakes. In every game this season, Dallas has clearly had more talent than the team they have faced. Yet with only one win, it doesn't show.

I simply can't understand how Jerry, a guy never shy to make a change, can put all this faith in Wade Phillips and even Jason Garrett. The team is on a direct path to nowhere and an early Super Bowl favorite is likely to not even make the playoffs - nor even make .500.

The team is not full of "me" guys anymore nor drama queens. Yet the results are about the same. Discipline and leadership are clearly lacking in Dallas. What I wouldn't give to have a guy like Bill Cowher leading this franchise.
    I think they are still full of "me" players, hence all the excessive celebration penalties. After a series, Romo puts on his "D"(unce) hat, folds his arms and sits on the bench. He hardly looks at the playbook, he doesn't discuss what just happened with his receivers and he looks totally uninterested with his coaches. It almost looks like the players are making up plays as they go - which could explain why they feel the need to celebrate after every touchdown. The only way this team could win with Cowher as head coach would be if Roy Williams was traded, Romo realized that performance can improve through criticism, and the defensive secondary learned american sign language because they don't look like they hear the current coaches about how not to get a holding/pass interference call on every other passing down.

Recruit
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Time for a change. Bring in Jon Gruden.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Offensive line play is hurting the boys right now. And they aren't letting Romo make plays. Screen pass followed by screen pass. Let the guy throw the ball down field

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 295

Their #1 problem is Wade Phillips. (Being a devil's advocate as I'm a Cowboy hater and I'm chuckling inside) From the moment it crossed the airwaves that Phillips had been hired I never thought it would work and was wondering what the hell Jerry Jones was thinking in making the hire. I mean, the Dallas Cowboys are a "Super Bowl or Bust" kind of fan base, and I would have thought that Jerry Jones wouldn't hire someone that isn't a Super Bowl caliber coach, and Phillips has never once proven he is capable of being that kind of coach.

OP is right, though - there's plenty of talent on this team to make deep playoff runs. However, while Romo is better than half the QBs in the league, I'm not necessarily sure he's a Super Bowl QB, either. At this point in time I'm more willing to blame Wade Phillips, however, Romo, as of right now, has the makings of being a weak link as well.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Offensive line play is hurting the boys right now. And they aren't letting Romo make plays. Screen pass followed by screen pass. Let the guy throw the ball down field
    I'd venture to guess if you list off a struggling football team at any level, I can show you a team that has a struggling offensive line and/or struggling defensive line.

The Dallas line is healthy but can't work together to give the quarterback time to get the ball down the field and consistently open holes in the running game. The gameplan Sunday was pathetic, swing pass to Jones way too often - and I'm a guy that thinks he needs more touches. But that was just junior high style stuff.

When Romo had time, the ball got out and into the hands of open receivers.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    I think they are still full of "me" players, hence all the excessive celebration penalties. After a series, Romo puts on his "D"(unce) hat, folds his arms and sits on the bench. He hardly looks at the playbook, he doesn't discuss what just happened with his receivers and he looks totally uninterested with his coaches. It almost looks like the players are making up plays as they go - which could explain why they feel the need to celebrate after every touchdown. The only way this team could win with Cowher as head coach would be if Roy Williams was traded, Romo realized that performance can improve through criticism, and the defensive secondary learned american sign language because they don't look like they hear the current coaches about how not to get a holding/pass interference call on every other passing down.
    The celebration penalties were very ticky-tack. I don't think they were necessarily the wrong calls - but they were definitely very, very minor "offenses". Dallas does need to worry less about celebrating the touchdown and more about earning a win - then celebrating that.

As far as Romo - you're wrong - period. The guy is far from perfect but your assessment is incorrect.

Prior to this season, I wanted Roy gone...fast. He's definitely playing hard this season for his next contract. Also, he's now the #2/#3 guy and is not drawing near the attention he was previously. Roy is by far not the problem in Dallas. Catching tough passes across the middle and making plays in the end zone - and not bumping his gums about his role. Kudos to him - keep it up and I'll be begging for him to stay in Dallas.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    However, while Romo is better than half the QBs in the league, I'm not necessarily sure he's a Super Bowl QB, either. At this point in time I'm more willing to blame Wade Phillips, however, Romo, as of right now, has the makings of being a weak link as well.
    I can't list a single game this season in which Romo has been a key person at fault for the loss. I can list games where poor line play, penalties and special teams have sunk the team.

Romo will force a ball or two, no doubt (but I can't fault him for that pick by the Vikings linebacker, perfectly disguised play) - but he also makes plays for you that most other QBs can't.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 817
    Given: 50

The celebration penalties were very ticky-tack. I don't think they were necessarily the wrong calls - but they were definitely very, very minor "offenses". Dallas does need to worry less about celebrating the touchdown and more about earning a win - then celebrating that.

As far as Romo - you're wrong - period. The guy is far from perfect but your assessment is incorrect.

Prior to this season, I wanted Roy gone...fast. He's definitely playing hard this season for his next contract. Also, he's now the #2/#3 guy and is not drawing near the attention he was previously. Roy is by far not the problem in Dallas. Catching tough passes across the middle and making plays in the end zone - and not bumping his gums about his role. Kudos to him - keep it up and I'll be begging for him to stay in Dallas.
    I agree on the celebration penalty against the Titans. But, I don't know about the one against the Vikings, simply because it was not caught on camera. Contrary to popular belief the penalty was not on Miles Austin for jumping over Roy Williams. The penalty was actually on Sam Hurd. Without seeing it, I don't know if it was ticky-tack or not.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 295

I can't list a single game this season in which Romo has been a key person at fault for the loss. I can list games where poor line play, penalties and special teams have sunk the team.

Romo will force a ball or two, no doubt (but I can't fault him for that pick by the Vikings linebacker, perfectly disguised play) - but he also makes plays for you that most other QBs can't.
    Which means he's matured as a player, because there are countless times in the past where Romo has been a key person at fault. I'll defer to your judgment on that, as the Cowboys are your team. That being said, a lot of the bad rap on Romo just isn't going to go away until he proves in in the playoffs. Unfortunately for him, as far as I'm concerned, as long as Phillips is coach he'll never be able to shed that reputation, as I don't think Phillips is capable of coaching his team to a championship.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.