Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 781

Get Lost...

A very interesting article about Sprint dumping its most problematic customers. LINK

Now I grew up in an atmosphere where the customer is always right, and if you thought different you still needed to find a solution for them.

So I first I was appalled at the idea Sprint would do such a thing, until I read the second to last paragraph:

The disconnected customers called customer service an average of 25 times a month, a rate 40 times higher than average customers, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Who calls this many times for support and what for!?!

-keep.

Last edited by keepngoal; 07-09-2007 at 09:19 AM.
    The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 310

Re: Get Lost...

They are broke and it's always someone elses fault. I dont' blame Sprint.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

There are people in this world that flat out shouldn't be able to use any form of technology, period. That technology would include microwave ovens, automobiles, and of course computers and cells phones. Unfortunately it is not politically correct to suggest that these nimrods be sterilized, but I guess I just did it anyway.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 700
    Given: 481

Quote Originally Posted by cys_av8r View Post
    There are people in this world that flat out shouldn't be able to use any form of technology, period. That technology would include microwave ovens, automobiles, and of course computers and cells phones. Unfortunately it is not politically correct to suggest that these nimrods be sterilized, but I guess I just did it anyway.
    We already have some of those people tucked away in communities. They're called the Amish. The question that comes to mind, however, is why are the Amish allowed the opportunity "out" when they come of age? And why aren't those that aren't "tech savvy" forced to join these communities?

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I work for a mortgage company and my desk is right next to our collections dept.

There's really not much to be said about some of the conversations you hear with dilinquent customers other than "WOW"!

"What, you were expecting me to pay you back??? That's news to me"

Addict
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 254

I used to work for Sprint and all I can say is good for them!
    We always had at least 5 people per day stop in and ask why something was 'wrong' with their account. And everytime it was something stupid, ie they didn't pay their bill for the past 3 months and still demanded to have full service.

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 111

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    So I first I was appalled at the idea Sprint would do such a thing, until I read the second to last paragraph:

The disconnected customers called customer service an average of 25 times a month, a rate 40 times higher than average customers, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Who calls this many times for support and what for!?!
    Well...when I got a new phone and signed up for a new plan about 2.5 years ago, I'm sure it took me at least 25 combined calls/emails to Sprint before they finally got the billing right and sent me the phone rebate. Apparently, the lower level CS reps weren't trained properly and didn't know the correct billing code to put in for the offer I was given; they kept putting the wrong code in. When I finally fought my way through to someone who knew what was going on, it was fixed in a matter of seconds. Overall, The process started in late January, the bill was finally correct in May, and I got the phone rebate in June.

My plan recently expired and Sprint sent me another "loyalty" offer...I'm not sure I want to go through six months of hell again...

Sometimes the customers are the idiots...sometimes the company is the idiot...

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    Sometimes the customers are the idiots...sometimes the company is the idiot...
    That's often the case with Sprint.

My wife, before we were married, was on a Sprint contract. Her Sprint phone was roaming in my eastern Davenport apartment (smack dab in the middle of the Quad City metro area). I never had any problems with that with my Verizon phone. She called customer service numerous times and they told her that they had no idea why it was doing that, and couldn't fix it, and would still have to pay for roaming, but the only "sure fire" way to fix it was to renew her contract when it expired. Let's just say it was an easy sell to get her on my plan than vice versa...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Walk On
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    We already have some of those people tucked away in communities. They're called the Amish. The question that comes to mind, however, is why are the Amish allowed the opportunity "out" when they come of age? And why aren't those that aren't "tech savvy" forced to join these communities?
    Actually since cell phones are battery powered many Amish communities allow there use. They "hire" a neighbor to charge the phones.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

This issue is a sore spot with me. I write ******* for a living. A ****** is a form of instruction, that tries to get someone to do something you or they want to do. This means that I really, really know how to both follow and evaluate instructions. The poor logic and lack of communication talent among "techies" is especially frustrating

And frankly, with most technology things, like phones, the instructions you hear/read are mostly nonsense. Take for example their "options". Most times, the problem you have doesn't fit neatly in any one of your problems. So you need to guess, and after waiting an hour on hold, you get hung up on, or you're at the wrong place, so you get put back on hold, and the guy they forward you to isn't the right guy, so you get bounced around for awhile.

Compounded with this, is the average tech-savvy person is not very literate, and has a problem with "assumed" knowledge. To look down at someone who doesn't have a certain amount of tech-savviness makes the person doing the looking down look like an intolerant dolt, to me.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    The Amish choose to not use modern technology; they are not forced to stay away from it out of sheer incompetence, like some people should be. There are large Amish and Mennonite settlements near Iowa City, so I grew up around them. It's been 20 years, and I have yet to meet a single person from either community that wasn't the paragon of 'nice' and 'responsible'. I have far more respect for them than for the imbeciles who drive 95 miles an hour on the interstate with a cell phone in one hand and a coffee in the other. Those people should lose access to anything that's been invented in the past thousand years. They don't deserve it. They can get to work Flintstones-style.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ornryactor View Post
    The Amish choose to not use modern technology; they are not forced to stay away from it out of sheer incompetence, like some people should be. There are large Amish and Mennonite settlements near Iowa City, so I grew up around them. It's been 20 years, and I have yet to meet a single person from either community that wasn't the paragon of 'nice' and 'responsible'. I have far more respect for them than for the imbeciles who drive 95 miles an hour on the interstate with a cell phone in one hand and a coffee in the other. Those people should lose access to anything that's been invented in the past thousand years. They don't deserve it. They can get to work Flintstones-style.
    Unfortunately I think you missed my sarcasm. I was saying those who are completely incompetent with technology should be forced to live such a lifestyle.

Starter
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

There is a bit of a catch to this story...I heard it on CNN today. Everytime you got transferred to a new department that was counted as a call. If a person, for example, called Sprint Customer Service and got transferred 3 times, that was counted as 4 calls: 1 initial and 3 transfers. So, the number is a bit inflated, but even if you do get transferred thats still a lot of calling! They said some users even went up to 300 times a month...

TRUE & VALIANT

Rookie
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

If the service is not good I would start calling today in order to up my number of calls and get into this "dumped" group. Looks like a good opportunity to switch providers if Sprint is not taking care of you.

Cy Created by MC Doder

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    I work for a mortgage company and my desk is right next to our collections dept.

There's really not much to be said about some of the conversations you hear with dilinquent customers other than "WOW"!

"What, you were expecting me to pay you back??? That's news to me"

LOL, yeah I've heard some of the collections reps before. I doubt most of those people stay in that job for long, talking to deadbeats that owe money has to get frustrating.

Best ones I've heard "sir, you haven't made a payment on your car in X months. Were you surprised that the car was repo'd? We sent you notice." "No sir, we cannot take you off this call list until you bring your account up to date... no sir we are not harrassing you, your account is past due... if you want us to stop calling you will have to bring your account up to date otherwise we will continue to call until you have." Some people you just have to wonder how they are able to dress themselves every morning when they can't even figure out that if you borrow money you are expected to pay it back and on time.