Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,330
    Given: 931

Cat-fight in the making

LINK

Me-owww!!!

Sheehan v. Pelosi

Claw marks are gonna be left in this one...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 379
    Given: 47

Re: Cat-fight in the making

Impeach Bush now? He only has a year and a half left to serve. And it is not like Cheney is any less of a weasel.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 200

Sheehan realized she hadn't been in the news for a couple weeks and figured she better do something about it.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 142

Sheehan again....the woman most despised by even her own family, including immediate family. If ever there is a poster child for birth control, her ugly mug would be front and center.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

My opinion on Sheehan:

1. Everyone in the nation agrees that it's a tragedy that her son died.

2. Everyone in the nation agrees that as his mother Ms. Sheehan has the right to grieve.

3. Many people in the nation have no problem with her disliking Bush because her son died in Iraq

4. Most people in the nation agree that her approach to grieving from the beginning was way off base.

5. Most people in the nation agree that Ms. Sheehan has turned her son's tragedy into a circus act.

6. Most people in the nation believe it's time for Ms. Sheehan to quit her charade and leave the limelight before she even further embarrasses herself (while it's sometimes fun to watch people embarrass themselves, she continues to further embarrass her son's legacy with her antics).

7. On a personal note, I would love to see the conversation at this point between Ms. Sheehan and her son. I'm pretty convinced her son would tell her to quit embarrassing him, herself, and our nation.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,160
    Given: 2,026

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    My opinion on Sheehan:

2. Everyone in the nation agrees that as his mother Ms. Sheehan has the right to grieve.

3. Many people in the nation have no problem with her disliking Bush because her son died in Iraq

4. Most people in the nation agree that her approach to grieving from the beginning was way off base.

5. Most people in the nation agree that Ms. Sheehan has turned her son's tragedy into a circus act.

6. Most people in the nation believe it's time for Ms. Sheehan to quit her charade and leave the limelight before she even further embarrasses herself (while it's sometimes fun to watch people embarrass themselves, she continues to further embarrass her son's legacy with her antics).

7. On a personal note, I would love to see the conversation at this point between Ms. Sheehan and her son. I'm pretty convinced her son would tell her to quit embarrassing him, herself, and our nation.
    Did you know her son?? If not, then why do you feel it's necessary to speak for him? You know, if our president hadn't started this war, Casey could speak for himself.

I also enjoy how you speak for "most people in the nation". That's nice of you to make up the minds of the rest of us. I actually think most people in the nation either don't know who Cindy Sheehan is or don't care who she is.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 610

I agree with jdoggivjc. Im pretty sure alot of the nation feels that way. Im not granting this as fact, I'm just betting so. Our president didnt sign Casey up for the military. Casey did. It is tragic that he died, but he died serving his country whether you agree with why or not. He signed up with the idea knowing that he may have to fight somewhere. Thats how it goes and its really too bad its so. I think by now, anyone who watch the news know of Cindy Sheehan. Youre right though, alot probably dont care about her, and would love to see her out of the press.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 732
    Given: 1,497

calm down bawbie...

He said it is his opinion that most of the country would agree. He didn't stand up and make a proclamation that what I am about to is factual and that he IS speaking for the nation..... Basically it was just an opinion.....

So what he typed is perfectly okay..... for you to disagree with, nothing more.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 2

While I agree with some of the negative sentiment here on Sheehan, I believe this nation needs protesters. Especially against this administration, who seeks to quash any form of negativity against them. I, for one, am planning to be part of the protest here in St. Paul against Bush and his style of governing at the RNC in September 2008! They're planning for more than 30,000 protesters, but really have no idea how many there will really be.

Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,147
    Given: 1,025

My opinion on Sheehan:

I pretty much agree with that. Liberals seem to think that our military is some kind of college fund, or works program. It's perfectly clear to soldiers as to their mission, and why they are serving.

I think that it is a natural reaction to a loved one's death to be angry and want to lash out at someone for it. She can't be mad at her son, for the decision he made, and the enemy could care less, so she lashes out at the government. I cannot imagine how I would feel if it were my son, so while I totally abhore her tactics and her stance, I feel for her and her family.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 142

Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    Did you know her son?? If not, then why do you feel it's necessary to speak for him? You know, if our president hadn't started this war, Casey could speak for himself.

I also enjoy how you speak for "most people in the nation". That's nice of you to make up the minds of the rest of us. I actually think most people in the nation either don't know who Cindy Sheehan is or don't care who she is.
    I agree with jdoggivjc 100% and think she is completely certifiable Whacko so don't judge us with your opinion. I would continue to argue, but making statements like "if our president hadn't started this war", I know it would be a mute point.....

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    I agree with jdoggivjc 100% and think she is completely certifiable Whacko so don't judge us with your opinion. I would continue to argue, but making statements like "if our president hadn't started this war", I know it would be a mute point.....
    Oh, my bad. If our Vice President hadn't started this war...

and jdoggivjc should have given his opinion on Sheehan instead of projecting his opinion on "most people in the nation"

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    calm down bawbie...

He said it is his opinion that most of the country would agree. He didn't stand up and make a proclamation that what I am about to is factual and that he IS speaking for the nation..... Basically it was just an opinion.....

So what he typed is perfectly okay..... for you to disagree with, nothing more.

- keep.
    Believe me I'm calm. You'll know I'm not calm when I start ****ing swearing.

And how did I do anything more than disagree with what jdoggivjc said?

Last edited by chadm; 07-09-2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Please watch the language

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

and jdoggivjc should have given his opinion on Sheehan instead of projecting his opinion on "most people in the nation"
    My opinion on Sheehan:
    I'm sorry. I guess I didn't make it clear enough for you at the beginning of my opinion that it was an opinion. Next time I'll make 8 different copies, attach the TPS reports to the front of each, and have them signed in triplicate. Will that be in compliance with your demands?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 2

Believe me I'm calm. You'll know I'm not calm when I start ****ing swearing.

And how did I do anything more than disagree with what jdoggivjc said?
    Not sure how that one got past the filter...

But please, my kid can read now and has a penchant for looking over my shoulder at the computer!

Last edited by chadm; 07-09-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: I edited both posts.
    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.