Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

Call in show 10/18

A quick note that I was able to catch it tonight. A lot of great questions starting with coach KJ and through CPR. Nice job by all of the callers.

Z

The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence… Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,326
    Given: 273

Re: Call in show 10/18

Ummmm...thanks?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Thanks for that note.

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Ummmm...thanks?
    LOL...I was busy when listening to it...LOL...

KJ did a great job...lots of calls. Sounds excited and speaks well of the kids coming in. Long (I think) basically needs to get his act together. Sounds like it is on him. I don't know that much about the wrestling program so perhaps someone can elaborate. thinks a lot of the class that just came in..wants to be #1. Big 12 may need to bring in another 2 schools so we can qualitify for the NCAA's since we lost two wrestling programs and only leaves 4 in the Big 12??? Someone please confirm this.

Football:
    It wasn't the same two guys calling in as far as football...hence my original post. Sounds like CPR is excited about the O-Line that he has red shirted and a few D-line guys and LB. Here at ISU, we'll always will be looking for D-Line guys and is willing to look at players that may not play D-line in High School. Looking for ath with size...prefers 6'3" or bigger for D-end...QB, TE...

Many callers asked why we are not trying to throw down field and CPR said we are when it makes sense. AA is doing much better as far as his shoulder.

A Knebraska fan called in to give CPR a Scouting report on Texas...thanks huskers or CPR might not of figured it out.

The Kansas game was changed to 1:00 for a day game and no TV...I took it as it as a change for the fans and players since there was no $ benefit for ISU was involved at the later time.

Did recruiting in Texas prior to the Okie game and plans to do the same for the Texas game.

Z

The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence… Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!

All-Star
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 10

Any other notes you can add?

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    Any other notes you can add?
    Thanks guys..I was only complimenting the callers and forgot the details. What I find is funny is that all 3 of you giving me Crap live in the DM area and could of and probably listen to the same show? I added some content...shhhheeesh...Chris how do you stand the pressure!
    Bad job outta me!

Z

Last edited by zach; 10-18-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 834
    Given: 390

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    LOL...I was busy when listening to it...LOL...

KJ did a great job...lots of calls. Sounds excited and speaks well of the kids coming in. Long (I think) basically needs to get his act together. Sounds like it is on him. I don't know that much about the wrestling program so perhaps someone can elaborate. thinks a lot of the class that just came in..wants to be #1. Big 12 may need to bring in another 2 schools so we can qualitify for the NCAA's since we lost two wrestling programs and only leaves 4 in the Big 12??? Someone please confirm this.

Football:
    It wasn't the same two guys calling in as far as football...hence my original post. Sounds like CPR is excited about the O-Line that he has red shirted and a few D-line guys and LB. Here at ISU, we'll always will be looking for D-Line guys and is willing to look at players that may not play D-line in High School. Looking for ath with size...prefers 6'3" or bigger for D-end...QB, TE...

Many callers asked why we are not trying to throw down field and CPR said we are when it makes sense. AA is doing much better as far as his shoulder.

A Knebraska fan called in to give CPR a Scouting report on Texas...thanks huskers or CPR might not of figured it out.

The Kansas game was changed to 1:00 for a day game and no TV...I took it as it as a change for the fans and players since there was no $ benefit for ISU was involved at the later time.

Did recruiting in Texas prior to the Okie game and plans to do the same for the Texas game.

Z
    Thanks for the info.

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Legend
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 358
    Given: 250

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    Big 12 may need to bring in another 2 schools so we can qualitify for the NCAA's since we lost two wrestling programs and only leaves 4 in the Big 12??? Someone please confirm this.
    In order to be a qualifying event for the NCAA tourney, a tournament site is supposed to have at least 6 schools. The Big 12 tourney had had a waiver with 5 schools. Only four schools would be pushing it pretty hard, so the Big 12 may need to ask some schools to affiliate with the conference for wrestling if the Big 12 wants to keep the tourney as a qualifying event.

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 834
    Given: 390

Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    In order to be a qualifying event for the NCAA tourney, a tournament site is supposed to have at least 6 schools. The Big 12 tourney had had a waiver with 5 schools. Only four schools would be pushing it pretty hard, so the Big 12 may need to ask some schools to affiliate with the conference for wrestling if the Big 12 wants to keep the tourney as a qualifying event.
    I wonder if UNI will jump on that chance?

When Prepared, Fear No One.