Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    It's been nine weeks since Ames and Iowa State University were hit by record flooding, and there's been quite a bit of progress.

    Officials estimate it will cost about $40 to $50 million to recover from the flood waters that hit Ames August 11th. Hilton Coliseum and the Leid center suffered the worst damage.


    Join us on Facebook!

    The Director of Recreation Services at the Leid Center Michael Giles Jr. says it was quite an effort to clean up the damage 24 inches of mucky water left behind. He feels fortunate that students are able to use some of the facilities. The racquetball court is closed until the floor is replaced, the track is damaged underneath, but usable until after the indoor track season.

    Hilton Coliseum isn't so lucky. The school hopes to hold the first game there on November 4th, but there's a lot to do in just 17 days. The first five rows of seats must be replaced, and a new floor must be installed.

    "We believe when fans go into Hilton for the first time for games, they'll be aware of the flood damage but I don't think anything will be recognizable in the arena itself," says John O'Connell of Iowa State University.

    FEMA will pick up 75% of the cost to fix all the damage on campus. Iowa State is responsible for the other 25%. The school has a $100 million flood insurance policy from Travelers Insurance. The deductable is one million dollars.

    The November 4th game at Hilton is a women's exhibition game against Minnesota State Mankato. While fans may not notice any damage, the locker rooms won't be complete and the big video board above center court won't be
    FLOOD RECOVERY: There's just 17 days left to repair Hilton Coliseum from flooding before basketball season - WHO



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 48,200, Level: 67
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    baller21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,273
    Points
    48,200
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 3

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    Quote Originally Posted by HerkyKiller View Post
    It's been nine weeks since Ames and Iowa State University were hit by record flooding, and there's been quite a bit of progress.

    Officials estimate it will cost about $40 to $50 million to recover from the flood waters that hit Ames August 11th. Hilton Coliseum and the Leid center suffered the worst damage.


    Join us on Facebook!

    The Director of Recreation Services at the Leid Center Michael Giles Jr. says it was quite an effort to clean up the damage 24 inches of mucky water left behind. He feels fortunate that students are able to use some of the facilities. The racquetball court is closed until the floor is replaced, the track is damaged underneath, but usable until after the indoor track season.

    Hilton Coliseum isn't so lucky. The school hopes to hold the first game there on November 4th, but there's a lot to do in just 17 days. The first five rows of seats must be replaced, and a new floor must be installed.

    "We believe when fans go into Hilton for the first time for games, they'll be aware of the flood damage but I don't think anything will be recognizable in the arena itself," says John O'Connell of Iowa State University.

    FEMA will pick up 75% of the cost to fix all the damage on campus. Iowa State is responsible for the other 25%. The school has a $100 million flood insurance policy from Travelers Insurance. The deductable is one million dollars.

    The November 4th game at Hilton is a women's exhibition game against Minnesota State Mankato. While fans may not notice any damage, the locker rooms won't be complete and the big video board above center court won't be
    FLOOD RECOVERY: There's just 17 days left to repair Hilton Coliseum from flooding before basketball season - WHO

    Why use tax money to pay for this when ISU's insurance policy covers it?



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,007, Level: 80
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,043
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    d4nim4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,780
    Points
    67,007
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    What it means is that Iowa State has to cover 25% of what is not covered by FEMA. That is where the insurance will be involved. The only likely out of pocket expense, in the end, to ISU will be the $1 million deductible



    Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

  4. #4
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    ISU has to pay the deductable, maybe thats why....



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 48,200, Level: 67
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    baller21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,273
    Points
    48,200
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 3

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    Quote Originally Posted by HerkyKiller View Post
    ISU has to pay the deductable, maybe thats why....

    So is FEMA paying 75% of the deductable or 75% of the total damages? I just don't understand why FEMA would pay 75% of the total if ISU's insurance policy covers it.



  6. #6
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    They are paying 75% of the total damages.... the rest is covered by our insurance. Our insurance deductible is 1 Million dollars....



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 629,812, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    22,175
    Points
    629,812
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 378
    Given: 29

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    The Hilton?



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 116,899, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,363
    Points
    116,899
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 8

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    Is she in Jail again???



  9. #9
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    The trolls are prevalent on this site.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 380,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,518
    Points
    380,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 109

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    Quote Originally Posted by HerkyKiller View Post
    They are paying 75% of the total damages.... the rest is covered by our insurance. Our insurance deductible is 1 Million dollars....
    This sounds highly unusual that FEMA covers 75%. The question on the table is maybe how can Iowa State get 75% paid by govt when other entities cannot.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 380,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,518
    Points
    380,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 109

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    Is she in Jail again???
    She better make some more commercials from her jail cell.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 48,200, Level: 67
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    baller21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,273
    Points
    48,200
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 3

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    Quote Originally Posted by HerkyKiller View Post
    They are paying 75% of the total damages.... the rest is covered by our insurance. Our insurance deductible is 1 Million dollars....

    The total damages are estimated to be 40-50 million.
    ISU's insurance covers up to 100 million.
    So again I ask, why should taxpayers foot the bill instead of the insurance company who has been payed to do so?



  13. #13
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    Where are you getting your numbers?



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 48,200, Level: 67
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    baller21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,273
    Points
    48,200
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 3

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    Quote Originally Posted by HerkyKiller View Post
    Where are you getting your numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by HerkyKiller View Post
    It's been nine weeks since Ames and Iowa State University were hit by record flooding, and there's been quite a bit of progress.

    Officials estimate it will cost about $40 to $50 million to recover from the flood waters that hit Ames August 11th. Hilton Coliseum and the Leid center suffered the worst damage.


    Join us on Facebook!

    The Director of Recreation Services at the Leid Center Michael Giles Jr. says it was quite an effort to clean up the damage 24 inches of mucky water left behind. He feels fortunate that students are able to use some of the facilities. The racquetball court is closed until the floor is replaced, the track is damaged underneath, but usable until after the indoor track season.

    Hilton Coliseum isn't so lucky. The school hopes to hold the first game there on November 4th, but there's a lot to do in just 17 days. The first five rows of seats must be replaced, and a new floor must be installed.

    "We believe when fans go into Hilton for the first time for games, they'll be aware of the flood damage but I don't think anything will be recognizable in the arena itself," says John O'Connell of Iowa State University.

    FEMA will pick up 75% of the cost to fix all the damage on campus. Iowa State is responsible for the other 25%. The school has a $100 million flood insurance policy from Travelers Insurance. The deductable is one million dollars.

    The November 4th game at Hilton is a women's exhibition game against Minnesota State Mankato. While fans may not notice any damage, the locker rooms won't be complete and the big video board above center court won't be
    FLOOD RECOVERY: There's just 17 days left to repair Hilton Coliseum from flooding before basketball season - WHO



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 91,587, Level: 94
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,563
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hiawatha, Iowa
    Posts
    6,168
    Points
    91,587
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

    Re: For those of you worried about the Hilton.

    Not to change the subject but is the AD going to sell pieces of the flood damaged floor to raise money?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM