My Oklahoma report card
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,264
    Given: 326

My Oklahoma report card

Here are my thoughts on last night's game, going forward, etc.

Chris Williams' blog on Iowa State football: Oklahoma report card | Cyclone Fanatic

Walk On
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: My Oklahoma report card

I realize this is not much when you are getting blown out BUT.
    OUr beat up Defense did hold out Okie late in the 4th quarter, they didn't quit. The announcer even made a point of that, that our D did not quit.
    He also said he would play for our Coach PR and his staff. I think that says alot about the people we have at ISU. YES we got run over, but we didn't quit, and I don't think they will. If you think someone is to BLAME for this, players or coaches, to bad for you. You go into our locker room last night and BLAME someone for that loss?
    You would leave the locker room without the door being opened. Get my point?

GO CYCLONES

Walk On
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Here are my thoughts on last night's game, going forward, etc.

Chris Williams' blog on Iowa State football: Oklahoma report card | Cyclone Fanatic
    In my best Jim Mora voice, "BOWL GAME?!?!"

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 79

My report card from last night, F-. Players and coaches had no fire. No adjustments to try and do anything different. Arnaud and Tiller scrambled and threw like they were under pressure even when they were not pressured. ISU needs a JUCO QB and 4 JUCO d-line in this class. Right now there is not a BCS level QB on the roster.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 40

Our D-Line couldnt get past a jr high O-line

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 244

Any report card has to include the o-line performance. Considered to be a stong point of the team going into the season, it has been anything but. They just don't fire off the ball, and most are out of shape.

Publisher
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,264
    Given: 326

Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    My report card from last night, F-. Players and coaches had no fire. No adjustments to try and do anything different. Arnaud and Tiller scrambled and threw like they were under pressure even when they were not pressured. ISU needs a JUCO QB and 4 JUCO d-line in this class. Right now there is not a BCS level QB on the roster.
    How can you say that about a guy like Jared Barnett who is redshirting? Unless you go to Sunday night practices where the scout team gets to scrimmage, you've never seen him in action. Yet, he's not a BCS level QB? I've never seen him play either. But it is hard for me to write a guy off who has never taken a snap.

Just Win Baby
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Arnaud and Tiller scrambled and threw like they were under pressure even when they were not pressured. ISU needs a JUCO QB and 4 JUCO d-line in this class.
    I completely agree. So many times that AA or Tiller start to run and leave a perfectly good pocket. They need to stand in and give the WR's a chance to make a play. When you leave the pocket, good things rarely happen.

I would love to see a quality JUCO QB come in and we definitely need some JUCO DE's

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    How can you say that about a guy like Jared Barnett who is redshirting? Unless you go to Sunday night practices where the scout team gets to scrimmage, you've never seen him in action. Yet, he's not a BCS level QB? I've never seen him play either. But it is hard for me to write a guy off who has never taken a snap.
    This, plus Capello...how the hell does he know how good JC is or can be? He could be an all american for all we know. Pretty short-sided post by someone that is ****** we got stomped by the best team (or one of the best) in the country. Get some perspective people.

A Juco QB is going to be coming in and trying to completely learn the system. At least Capello and Barnett have been in the system 1 and 2 years respectively.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant Clone View Post
    This, plus Capello...how the hell does he know how good JC is or can be? He could be an all american for all we know. Pretty short-sided post by someone that is ****** we got stomped by the best team (or one of the best) in the country. Get some perspective people.

A Juco QB is going to be coming in and trying to completely learn the system. At least Capello and Barnett have been in the system 1 and 2 years respectively.
    Good player > Knowledge of System

Knowledge of a system is overrated if you can't make the plays. If you can't throw a 10 yard slant pass what good is it that you know what everyone is running? Give me a guy that is a football player

Fred Hoiberg realizes this. I know it's basketball which is different. But everyone is going crazy because he said we are going to play "uptempo" on offense. Uptempo doesn't get you any more wins in college basketball. Players get you wins. And he is out there getting players.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well I sure hope I am wrong. From what I have seen on the field, none of our QB's would be playing on another BCS team. For the most part none of our DL would be playing on another BCS team or non BCS team. There are 1-AA schools with better DL than ISU.

No, I am not ****** at losing to OU. I had the game written off as a loss before the season started. ISU does not match up well with them. When a team cannot muster a stinking point though, that is bad. Teams I would hope are worse then ISU put up points and yards against OU. If this does not bother everyone I think you are drinking too much kool-aid.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post

Knowledge of a system is overrated if you can't make the plays. If you can't throw a 10 yard slant pass what good is it that you know what everyone is running? Give me a guy that is a football player

Fred Hoiberg realizes this. I know it's basketball which is different. But everyone is going crazy because he said we are going to play "uptempo" on offense. Uptempo doesn't get you any more wins in college basketball. Players get you wins. And he is out there getting players.
    Clones85, not saying anything against you but can we please have all the local media stop calling ISU's football offense and uptempo offense. Just because you get to the line in a hurry does not mean you are running an uptempo offense. There have been several times the team could have snapped the ball with 12 defensive men on the field and did not. They could run hurry ups to catch the defense off guard but they do not. Is it because the QB cannot handle it?

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post

Don't disagree with that at all but again how do you/anyone else know that Capello or Barnett won't be great players...maybe they will both suck but we don't know that? My response to Chris was to agree with his reply to someone that has written off the QB's we have without either of them taking any snaps (at least meaningful snaps).

Rookie
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Well I sure hope I am wrong. From what I have seen on the field, none of our QB's would be playing on another BCS team. For the most part none of our DL would be playing on another BCS team or non BCS team. There are 1-AA schools with better DL than ISU.
    What is sad is one of our safeties would have to fight for a starting job at Wartburg.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant Clone View Post
    Don't disagree with that at all but again how do you/anyone else know that Capello or Barnett won't be great players...maybe they will both suck but we don't know that? My response to Chris was to agree with his reply to someone that has written off the QB's we have without either of them taking any snaps (at least meaningful snaps).
    Oh I'm not writing Barnett off at all. I think/hope he can be a player. I am really excited about Sam Richardson but he won't play for ISU for at least 2 years.

I just think a JUCO QB would be a good idea