Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    GO CYCLONES!!!!!LET'S GIVE OLE MACK BROWN SOME HEAT IN THE NEXT GAME!!!
    we have to stop fozzie whittaker and a fellow named d.j monroe. monroe is as fast as as some of the utah boys that ran punts back to the 2 yard line and the character that took a 100 plus kickoff back for a score.


    doc

  2. #2
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    184
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    we're gonna kick em in their toodles. drive down there to the south and make noise like a firecracker. we'll come back with a champaign necklace and two fists full of dollars.

    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

    give me two thumbs up for a happy time down there on Austin.



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 18,882, Level: 41
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    789
    Points
    18,882
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    GO CYCLONES!!!!!LET'S GIVE OLE MACK BROWN SOME HEAT IN THE NEXT GAME!!!
    we have to stop fozzie whittaker and a fellow named d.j monroe. monroe is as fast as as some of the utah boys that ran punts back to the 2 yard line and the character that took a 100 plus kickoff back for a score.
    humor is good



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 23,894, Level: 47
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    sunnysideup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Metro
    Posts
    1,381
    Points
    23,894
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 58

    Re: BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    I've had too much kool-aid this season. I would love a win but I'm not even going to get myself up for it. Usually for away games I go to Johnny's downtown to watch but I think I will just stay home this time. We will be lucky to keep it within 30...


    Yeah TOAST!!!

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 406,210, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,174
    Points
    406,210
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 138

    Re: BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    Texas would tear us a new *******, but we're running out of places for new ******** to go.


    Last edited by LindenCy; 10-17-2010 at 12:05 AM.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 105,146, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,414
    Points
    105,146
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 4

    Re: BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    I believe the phrase JP uses is "BBQ Texas"

    Considering that....
    Texas will be ranked...
    ISU has never beaten Texas...
    ISU has been out scored 120-27 in the last 2 games...
    ISU has lost 4 straight road games...
    and this will be the biggest crowd for an ISU game EVER...
    I think ISU might be the underdog.



  7. #7
    Cyclone42
    Guest

    Re: BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Texas would tear us a new *******, but we're running out of places for new ******** to go.
    I don't think they will. The game still won't be be close, but it will be closer than the OK and Utah game, simply because Mack Brown is a classy coach. Against Nebraska, Texas had the opportunity for a late field goal with about 2 minutes to go, but Mack decided for a pooch kick. Nebraska returned it 94 yards for their only TD. Even after this, they could have gotten a TD of their own with first-and-goal with about a minute to go after a failed Nebraska onside-kick, but Mack had his QB run out the clock. Two opportunities to run up the score, and Mack passes on both occasions. That's class.


    Last edited by LindenCy; 10-17-2010 at 12:05 AM.

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 406,210, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,174
    Points
    406,210
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 138

    Re: BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    IIRC, both of those were as much about playing it safe than class. No need to take even a small risk when you can run out the clock.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 730,107, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,490
    Points
    730,107
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,310
    Given: 639

    Re: BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    I like our chances against Texas better than against Utah or OU. Texas has a one dimensional offense. I think our kids do better when they can focus more on the run.

    With that said, the offense absolutely has to get something going, and both units need to play well to win.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 122,178, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    simply1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,479
    Points
    122,178
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 6

    Re: BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone42 View Post
    I don't think they will. The game still won't be be close, but it will be closer than the OK and Utah game, simply because Mack Brown is a classy coach. Against Nebraska, Texas had the opportunity for a late field goal with about 2 minutes to go, but Mack decided for a pooch kick. Nebraska returned it 94 yards for their only TD. Even after this, they could have gotten a TD of their own with first-and-goal with about a minute to go after a failed Nebraska onside-kick, but Mack had his QB run out the clock. Two opportunities to run up the score, and Mack passes on both occasions. That's class.
    Uhm right, the pooch kick was to avoid running up the score by drilling a 51 yard field goal, lol. And most coaches remember baylor trying to punch one more in when they just had to kneel, fumbling, and losing. Terrible analysis.


    I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM