Thread: Fantastic Four

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Fantastic Four

I usually don't "do" movies, but took the wife and one daughter to see Fantastic Four... in a US Army movie theater. First, this movie is an extremely anti-Army/military flick, and in a very immature and sophomoric way. Really clumsy references to Abu Ghraib and to how stupid people in the military are. You could see that the audience (most of which were in the final stages of training to go to Iraq) didn't particularly care for the way they were being characterized.

Second, Alba looks like a blowup doll. Which was kind of appreciated by the majority of the audience. Though if I were to meet her in person, I'd be constantly anxious that she'd explode and I'd be showered in collagen and/or silicone.

Though, in the end, it was well and truly a cartoon. It was fun to watch and laugh at. And most of the soldiers were there for a laugh, which they sort of got.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Fantastic Four

I don't think the screenwriters intentionally insulted the military. It was just a really bad screenplay. Let's hope our generals are a little smarter than the one portrayed in the movie. The best part were the action scenes with the Silver Surfer, but there weren't enough of those.

"THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

man- hollywood is putting out some gems this summer....

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Addict
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9

I think both Fantastic Four movies were directed by the guy who did Barbershop, so both screenplays were more focused on making the audience laugh than creating some good action. They did lower the rating from the last movie's PG-13 rating to a PG rating in an effort to draw more kids, so that's probably why it was a lot more immature this time around.

I don't really ever plan on seeing either movie, and your review just reconfirmed it. Thanks. :)

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 45

Not to pull a darts and threadjack, but is Die hard any good? We may actually have the chance to go to a movie today, and I am trying to find something the wife and I will both like.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775