Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

NHL: Wisniewski suspended for two games for lewd gesture

James Wisniewski is suspended for two games for a lewd gesture to league rodeo clown Sean Avery. Is this act worthy of a suspension that equals that of a hit that sent a guy to the hospital?

** NOTE: MILDLY OFFENSIVE GESTURE OF SEXUAL NATURE **

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JYeKEA5AoY]YouTube - James Wisniewski Taunts Sean Avery Oct 11, 2010[/ame]

Isles' Wisniewski suspended for two games

Tuesday, 10.12.2010 / 7:20 PM / News
    By Brian Compton - NHL.com Staff Writer

New York Islanders defenseman James Wisniewski has been suspended for two games and will forfeit $79,268.30 in salary for directing an inappropriate gesture toward New York Rangers forward Sean Avery during Monday's game at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The incident occurred during a stoppage of play in the first period.

Wisniewski, who was suspended for eight games for his hit on Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook on March 17, 2010, is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Accordingly, he forfeits his salary based on the number of games in the season (82), rather than the number of days (186). The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

Wisniewski will miss the Islanders’ next two games -- Wednesday at Washington and Friday at Pittsburgh. He is eligible to return Oct. 16 against Colorado.

"A lot of actions on the ice are regrettable," Wisniewski said. "I've been given a suspension from the League and I'm going to accept it and move on from here."

Wisniewski will be replaced in the lineup by either Jack Hillen or Bruno Gervais. Both were healthy scratches for the Isles' first two games.

Starter
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

Re: NHL: Wisniewski suspended for two games for lewd gesture

Looks like Wisniewski is out of the running for the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy already. I really don't see how this is any worse than Boynton's throat slash gesture which only garnered a one game suspension.

XBOX Live Gamertag: Mr Slip Wiggles

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Jacobs View Post
    Looks like Wisniewski is out of the running for the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy already. I really don't see how this is any worse than Boynton's throat slash gesture which only garnered a one game suspension.
    I think it's worse. If a kid sees a throat slash, he knows what it means and that he shouldn't do it. If he sees this, and he asks Mommy "what's that?", it's a whole new can of worms.

Hi

My Discoveries Of The Week
    Pump Up Songs
    Rap Battle TV

Thumbs Up

bahaha that was funny.