Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Tharpe to KU

  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 274,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,333
    Points
    274,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 7

    Tharpe to KU

    http://community.foxsports.com/goodm...mits_to_kansas

    Ugh, I'm glad we got Sledge when we did.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 846,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,704
    Points
    846,044
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 531
    Given: 510

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    Me, too


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 294,192, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    17,276
    Points
    294,192
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 198

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    We didn't want him. We backed off once Sledge committed.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 71,175, Level: 82
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    brokenloginagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,952
    Points
    71,175
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Tharpe to KU

    Guess we're going to be able to find out just how good Tharpe really is. Glad we didn't waste our time, he was clearly waiting for the KU offer, and committed the next day.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 66,730, Level: 80
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,320
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,262
    Points
    66,730
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    He will do nothing there.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 151,573, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,914
    Points
    151,573
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 2

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    This sounds just like that one JuCo we were in on who went to KU and was never heard of again. Good look riding the bench for the next 4 years, let us know if you consider transfering!



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 57,285, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,265
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,384
    Points
    57,285
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    Everyone congratulate Coach Self for landing his Plan T point guard.



  8. #8
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 57

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    This sounds just like that one JuCo we were in on who went to KU and was never heard of again. Good look riding the bench for the next 4 years, let us know if you consider transfering!
    The name was Tyrone Appleton correct? Yes, I believe that is right. He should have come to ISU. He would have possibly been the best player on that roster at the time minus Craig.



  9. #9
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    This sounds just like that one JuCo we were in on who went to KU and was never heard of again. Good look riding the bench for the next 4 years, let us know if you consider transfering!
    Tharpe won't sent on the bench at Kansas. He is good, really good, and is use to playing with big time talent. He will be a starter for them



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 151,573, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,914
    Points
    151,573
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 2

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Tharpe won't sent on the bench at Kansas. He is good, really good, and is use to playing with big time talent. He will be a starter for them
    Yes, he is really good...but he is also entering the program the same time (possibly) as Josh Selby (many think is the best Freshman coming in this year), Elijah Johnson (4 star, 7th ranked SG out of HS), Travis Releford (4 star, 10th ranked SG out of hs), Royce Woolridge (top 150), plus veterans like Mario Little, Brady Morningstar, Tyrel Reed, and Tyshawn Taylor.

    They are loaded at guard-- doesn't make tons of sense for him to go there.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 57,285, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,265
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,384
    Points
    57,285
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    Yes, he is really good...but he is also entering the program the same time (possibly) as Josh Selby (many think is the best Freshman coming in this year), Elijah Johnson (4 star, 7th ranked SG out of HS), Travis Releford (4 star, 10th ranked SG out of hs), Royce Woolridge (top 150), plus veterans like Mario Little, Brady Morningstar, Tyrel Reed, and Tyshawn Taylor.

    They are loaded at guard-- doesn't make tons of sense for him to go there.
    Reed, Morningstar, and Little are seniors this year, so Tharpe will never see them. Selby is, at worse a two-and-done, and Taylor is a junior. So the only ones really in Tharpe's way, after his freshman season, are Woolridge and Releford, neither of whom were top recruits, and perhaps Johnson, if he hasn't found his way to the NBA yet.

    But while your logic is poor, your point is still valid, because Self will be trying to recruit over him as soon as Late Night this Friday.


    Last edited by kucyclone; 10-13-2010 at 02:05 PM.

  12. #12
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    Yes, he is really good...but he is also entering the program the same time (possibly) as Josh Selby (many think is the best Freshman coming in this year), Elijah Johnson (4 star, 7th ranked SG out of HS), Travis Releford (4 star, 10th ranked SG out of hs), Royce Woolridge (top 150), plus veterans like Mario Little, Brady Morningstar, Tyrel Reed, and Tyshawn Taylor.

    They are loaded at guard-- doesn't make tons of sense for him to go there.
    Selby is one and done. No question about it either

    Mornigstar, Little, Reed, Taylor will all be gone.

    He is a better PURE PG that Johnson and Releford. He will play and play a lot. He is really good



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 151,573, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,914
    Points
    151,573
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 2

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    Reed and Morningstar are seniors this year, so Tharpe will never see them. Selby is, at worse a two-and-done, and Taylor is a junior. So the only ones really in Tharpe's way, after his freshman season, are Woolridge and Releford, neither of whom were top recruits, and perhaps Johnson, if he hasn't found his way to the NBA yet.

    But while your logic is poor, your point is still valid, because Self will be trying to recruit over him as soon as Late Night this Friday.
    I had forgotten that Reed and Morningstar are seniors, and now that I think of it Mario Little may be too. The point remains the same, however, that being a solid but not elite guard at KU will not get you all that far. You come in for a year and sit behind Selby and Taylor, then next year you compete with Woolridge, Johnson and Releford for playing time, and before you know it there is another 5 star recruit making a quick stop in Lawrence before the NBA.



  14. #14
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tharpe to KU

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    I had forgotten that Reed and Morningstar are seniors, and now that I think of it Mario Little may be too. The point remains the same, however, that being a solid but not elite guard at KU will not get you all that far. You come in for a year and sit behind Selby and Taylor, then next year you compete with Woolridge, Johnson and Releford for playing time, and before you know it there is another 5 star recruit making a quick stop in Lawrence before the NBA.
    Agreed!

    Signed,

    Kirk Hinrich



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 19,287, Level: 42
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 563
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    greatshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    1,639
    Points
    19,287
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM