Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

Kurtis Taylor - Who is this guy?

I really don't know anything about him, so I was wondering if anybody who has seen him practice or play in the spring game can shed some light on this guy. I looked up his high school recruiting stuff, and he was recruited as an athlete and only weighed 200 pounds. He's apparently up to 250 now (which is a pretty good sized DE for us) so he must be a hard worker. I saw a photo of him somewhere and he looked like a monster.

Could this guy really be a long term answer for us? I like his work ethic if he's able to put on that much weight, but I want to know about his technique and physical ability. They said he also ran a 4.5 40 when he was recruited, does anybody know if the extra weight has slowed him down?

He is the one guy that is going to be starting for us that I just feel like I know nothing about.

Rookie
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I've been wondering about Taylor, too. I agree from his pics he looks like a big frickin dude. A poster on CN said he thought Taylor might be playing out of position and might be better suited for OLB. He obviously has the physical skills (4.5 40, 6-3, 250) but I am hoping that he has a serious mean streak to him. IMO that's why Berryman was so good-he just REALLY liked to hit people.

Walk On
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I was at media day. Kurtis Taylor looks to be at least a physical match of the rest of the projected starting D-line. Braaksma was by far the biggest and I was surprised at how much smaller Brent Curvey was in person and w/o pads than I thoguht he would be. He is a beast though. And Taylor is bigger than Moorehead, so I wouldn't worry about him being better suited for OLB. He was much bulkier than all the LB, and on a side note, Carper is really tall.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    i knew him pretty well my a couple years back when he was livin across the hall w/ Scales. Hes a good person, easy to get along with and is pretty smart to go along with. But I played basketball with him a couple times over at state, and he definately has the killer instinct. Just playin a pickup game, he was by far the most agressive player on the court, and wow, he is just quick. But yeah, to answer the question, he is the real deal. Watch out.