Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Anyone see Cook and Odunsi on their visit?

Anyone see these two great athletes play this weekend? You have got to be excited with these two coming in, plus McGee and Sledge, to add to other big time talents in White, Allen, Booker, etc.

Odunsi can play the 1-3, is tough, and will give us some real versatility in the backcourt. Cook will instantly bring the freak athlete big plays from the wing, and has the ability to become a NBA perimeter player.

ISU basketball is back.

Rookie
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

Re: Anyone see Cook and Odunsi on their visit?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoISthis View Post
    Anyone see these two great athletes play this weekend? You have got to be excited with these two coming in, plus McGee and Sledge, to add to other big time talents in White, Allen, Booker, etc.

Odunsi can play the 1-3, is tough, and will give us some real versatility in the backcourt. Cook will instantly bring the freak athlete big plays from the wing, and has the ability to become a NBA perimeter player.

ISU basketball is back.
    saw Fred taking them through the tailgating lots before the game. I also saw both of them playing with our guys at the Sukup earlier in the day. The pickup game was just a bunch of guys running up and down the floor. Garrett was the only guy that looked dominate, could get to the bucket, hit shots from deep and off the dribble. White reminded me of Fizer in his build. McKnight is a long jumping jack, that I can't remember having a guy like him at Iowa State maybe ever. Not that he's a great player yet, but the type of athlete you need inthe Big12. This team has some size and athleticism, no idea yet if they can play basketball-shoot,pass,defend,rebound.

From previous reports I was concerned that Cook was not a real perimeter guy, but his handle was better than I expected, didn't see him shoot much when I was there. Odunsi handled the ball out top, but didn't do much to get a real scouting report otherwise.

Scott C had his knee iced and wasn't playing when I got there. Chris Babb had a splint onhis left hand. Booker came over after the scrimmage, introduced himself and thanked us for coming. Someone else told me all the guys came over and introduced themselves at the start, very nice.

practice starts this weekend

edit: Women's coaches also had a recruit there, Emily Cady? not 100% sure on the name

Recruit
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    saw Fred taking them through the tailgating lots before the game. I also saw both of them playing with our guys at the Sukup earlier in the day. The pickup game was just a bunch of guys running up and down the floor. Garrett was the only guy that looked dominate, could get to the bucket, hit shots from deep and off the dribble. White reminded me of Fizer in his build. McKnight is a long jumping jack, that I can't remember having a guy like him at Iowa State maybe ever. Not that he's a great player yet, but the type of athlete you need inthe Big12. This team has some size and athleticism, no idea yet if they can play basketball-shoot,pass,defend,rebound.

From previous reports I was concerned that Cook was not a real perimeter guy, but his handle was better than I expected, didn't see him shoot much when I was there. Odunsi handled the ball out top, but didn't do much to get a real scouting report otherwise.

Scott C had his knee iced and wasn't playing when I got there. Chris Babb had a splint onhis left hand. Booker came over after the scrimmage, introduced himself and thanked us for coming. Someone else told me all the guys came over and introduced themselves at the start, very nice.

practice starts this weekend

edit: Women's coaches also had a recruit there, Emily Cady? not 100% sure on the name
    Heck yes! Thanks for the great info Goldfinger. Are these viewing opportunities by invite only?

I understand that these scrimmages are like the CCL in that you cannot really tell how a player will be during the real games, but you can tell if their game does not belong.
    Too bad about Scotty's knees. Hopefully he can take it easy here and get ready for the Big 12. Babb had surgery on an old injury, correct?

Any thoughts on Bubu? I think he will see time this year, regardless of if he is ready.

Thanks again.

Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,044
    Given: 279

Yes, Emily Cady was in town Goldfinger. Thanks for the great post.

Rookie
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by WhoISthis View Post
    Heck yes! Thanks for the great info Goldfinger. Are these viewing opportunities by invite only?

Thanks again.
    WhoISthis, the policy as I understand it is: women's practice is open to the public, men's you need to check with the bball office ahead of time. Now that men's practice is starting officially this week, it may be closed altogether to the public, I don't know how the new staff will be about it.