Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

another big12 basketball preview

apparently the author doesn't know about Godfrey and Vanderbeken.

Big 12 Season Preview - Part I

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,279
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Re: another big12 basketball preview

12 wins? Ouch.

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by imnclone View Post
    apparently the author doesn't know about Godfrey and Vanderbeken.

Big 12 Season Preview - Part I
    He's not giving a player by player breakdown here, and it's not like Godfrey or Vanderbeken are particularly notable, so unsurprising he didn't mention them.

Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

And thank you Stumpy for this:

All-Star Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    12 wins? Ouch.
    Painful? Yes. Very realistic? Oh, you bet. It's going to be an interesting year...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 214

Quote Originally Posted by sodakjoe View Post
    He's not giving a player by player breakdown here, and it's not like Godfrey or Vanderbeken are particularly notable, so unsurprising he didn't mention them.
    I'd put money that he didn't mention our leading scorer for the year, which I'm guessing will be Phillips or Anderson.

All-Star
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,279
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    I'd put money that he didn't mention our leading scorer for the year, which I'm guessing will be Phillips or Anderson.
    DG or SC will be our leading scorers.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by brokenloginagain View Post
    DG or SC will be our leading scorers.
    god I hope you just forgot the jimlad.

if either Garret or christopherson are our leading scorers, we'll be lucky to make it to conference play with a record above .500

Addict
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,709
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Cysrevenge View Post
    god I hope you just forgot the jimlad.

if either Garret or christopherson are our leading scorers, we'll be lucky to make it to conference play with a record above .500
    Well I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that our leading scorer probably won't average over 13-15 ppg. That said, DG and Christopherson have both shown flashes of brilliance in the past so it could stand to reason that with a larger load to shoulder they could be in that range. I would think there are 5-6 guys that could be in the conversation to be our leading scorers this year...and not necessarily because they are "pure scorers" but because we'll have a more balanced scoring attack out of necessity.

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 870
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 87

Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    12 wins? Ouch.
    If you think about it, that sounds about right. We do only have three players returning and they weren't exactly our top play makers. We also have have no idea what kind of coach we have coming in. Having said all that, I still think we do better than last year just because the direction of the program already seems to have changed dramatically in the off-season.

Cy has balls of steel.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    Well I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that our leading scorer probably won't average over 13-15 ppg. That said, DG and Christopherson have both shown flashes of brilliance in the past so it could stand to reason that with a larger load to shoulder they could be in that range. I would think there are 5-6 guys that could be in the conversation to be our leading scorers this year...and not necessarily because they are "pure scorers" but because we'll have a more balanced scoring attack out of necessity.
    DG has never really shown that he can be the guy who's gonna lead the team with 15-20 or so every night. unless he has made huge strides in the offseason, then it aint gonna happen. what is his game high? is it even 20? scotty had to have averaged somewhere between 5-10 ppg last year. no way either of them come out and lead the team this year. if they do, I think we're in trouble.

Anderson needs to step in and produce right away and lead this team.

has royce's eligability decision been made yet? obviously if he can play, he will lead the team in scoring (hopefully with anderson close behind him)

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

DG has never really shown that he can be the guy who's gonna lead the team with 15-20 or so every night. unless he has made huge strides in the offseason, then it aint gonna happen. what is his game high? is it even 20? scotty had to have averaged somewhere between 5-10 ppg last year. no way either of them come out and lead the team this year. if they do, I think we're in trouble.

has royce's eligability decision been made yet? obviously if he can play, he will lead the team in scoring (hopefully with anderson close behind him)
    Garrett has been a 9 point a game player throughout his ISU career, but his main job has been to get the ball to Brackins. He did have games of 15, 15, 16, 17 last year and could be our breakout player this year in a new system and more of a chance to create for himself some. Christopherson had a couple of really solid games late in the year too and played through mono most of the year.

Not sure where you're coming from with Anderson? I think he'll help, but for you to laugh off the idea of Garrett possibly leading us in scoring (as a proven 9 ppg player while being the main distributor on a Big 12 team) while lauding Anderson (a 10.6 ppg scorer in the Mid-American Conference) seems off to me...

Obviously if White is eligible I'd agree with you there, but I don't think that's been decided either way...

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

Starter
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 32

I am pretty sure his career high is 26. I still think this could be DG's breakout year. A senior, who CFH has already labeled the leader of this year's team. I don't think he will be 1st team All Big 12, but I predict he will have a solid campaign and we will wonder where he has been all these years. I am going to predict he averages about 12-14 points a game and 6+ assists per game.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

I've just never been overly impressed with DG, so I'm probably not giving credit where it is due. don't get me wrong, I hope to god the kid has a break out year and can average 20. But I'm not going to put much stock into him until he gives me good reason to. Scotty just seems like your typical McD player to me. decent role player in the slow down bore you to death system offense, but I don't see the run and gun being something that plays to his strengths. I hope I'm wrong, but I wont hold my breathe.

2011-2012 can't get here any sooner.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've just never been overly impressed with DG, so I'm probably not giving credit where it is due. don't get me wrong, I hope to god the kid has a break out year and can average 20. But I'm not going to put much stock into him until he gives me good reason to. Scotty just seems like your typical McD player to me. decent role player in the slow down bore you to death system offense, but I don't see the run and gun being something that plays to his strengths. I hope I'm wrong, but I wont hold my breathe.

2011-2012 can't get here any sooner.
    Yeah maybe we're not really arguing the same thing...I'm definitely not saying I expect either DG or Christopherson to average 20 ppg. I just think DG in particular will show significant gains in his scoring average partially because if we do play more uptempo he'll get better chances to attack in the open court, and partly because he won't have a big scorer to automatically defer to in the offense.

I do think Scotty gets unfairly stereotyped as a slow white shooter sometimes when he's actually got pretty good speed, handles, and an ability to create his own shot.

All-Star
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,279
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

you guys are all selling SC way to short. the kid played his rookie season with mono. check out his numbers versus our other highly touted SGs.

Compare College Basketball Players - StatSheet.com