Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

A couple of thoughts from an outsider?

First, How was the pheasant hatch this year?

1) First Utah's O line was awesome. The most underrated part of Utah's team.

2) I was a little dissappointed in Utah's d-line tonight. We still need to find a way to get pressure off of the ends.
    3) AA isn't as bad as some make him out to be. Once Utah gets up by two TD's they tend to make a lot of QB's look bad.
    4) If Utah and Iowa played Utah's d would match up very well against Iowa's O. Utah's D is built to stop a traditional power O. You actually gave us some problems last night with more of a spread.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 15

Re: A couple of thoughts from an outsider?

I wouldn't use Iowa State's defensive line to judge your offensive line. Iowa State is easily one of the worst BCS defensive lines in the country.

All-Star
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The pheasant hatch was horrible. It might have been the worst in recent history.

Pro
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDaveII View Post

2) I was a little dissappointed in Utah's d-line tonight. We still need to find a way to get pressure off of the ends.
    3) AA isn't as bad as some make him out to be. Once Utah gets up by two TD's they tend to make a lot of QB's look bad.
    4) If Utah and Iowa played Utah's d would match up very well against Iowa's O. Utah's D is built to stop a traditional power O. You actually gave us some problems last night with more of a spread.
    2. You were disappointed? I though Utah's D-line whipped our offensive line. Arnaud had absolutely no time to throw

3. See my point above. Arnaud is not great but its hard to do anything when you're under siege every time you're back to pass.

4. Utah vs. Iowa would be a very good game, one I'd love to see. Maybe it will happen in a BCS bowl if both teams keep winning

ABC - Always Be Closing

Pro
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDaveII View Post

You might as well write-off Iowa as a pheasant hunting spot. Sure, ethanol has led to higher corn pricing, but it has taken away things like pheasants. Long standing timbers and streams are being cut to make room for corn. CRP is a thing of the long-distant past. No cover=no birds. Yeah, we've had wet springs and summers, and tough winters, but I don't care if you have rosy springs and summers - no cover still = no birds. Pathetic.