Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Offense, or lack thereof

I'm in Arizona and haven't been able to see any games. I do listen. It sounds like the offense is slow, with little or no misdirection plays, or anything to make the defense worry. With AA hurt, everyone knows he won't run, so the zone read is just a slow handoff. With no pass protection, we can't seem to throw a pass more than 5 yards down field.

I hate that we run the shotgun from the 1 yard line, or on 3rd and 1. I want an offense like we ran when we had Seneca. At its best, you never knew what was coming. We had plays under center out of the I, some shotgun plays, reverses, options, etc.

I think this offense requires a GREAT QB. I mean a really good, accurate thrower with a decent ability to run. We need a Chase Daniel/Todd Reesing/Colt McCoy type to run this offense. With AA or JT, the offense cannot rely on passing. They are more along the lines of Eric Crouch or Vince Young, where you snap it to them everyone else blocks and the QB runs.

I look forward to the comments of people who see the games in person.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 368
    Given: 1,425

Re: Offense, or lack thereof

We really had a problem tonight getting off the line of scrimmage. Their defensive backs were good enough they basically pressed us all night and brought the house in the middle. Our WR's could not shake them.

We were run blocking really well early in the game and gashing them for ~ 5 yards a run. Not sure what adjustment they made but it worked.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”