Thank you Cyclone Fans
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Just wanted to thank you all for being gracious hosts to all of the traveling Utah fans that made the trip to the game. Sorry that we won't get the chance to return the favor with the return trip in the series being cancelled.

    I also wanted to stop by and wish you all luck for the rest of your season, and look forward to Iowa State handing it to the rest of the Big12 teams on their schedule. Here's to the Cyclones laying wood to the Sooners in their house next week. ;)



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,196, Level: 70
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,195
    Points
    52,196
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 15

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Thanks for the encouragement after that shellacking, but we obviously have a ways to go to be a top program. The Utes were a machine out there tonight, they only had a few offensive plays that weren't successful and their special teams are dynamite. Good luck the rest of the way and I hope you thump another BCS big boy in your bowl game.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 94,900, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CloneFan4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pants Party
    Posts
    1,732
    Points
    94,900
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Your welcome. This post shows the class of Utah and their fans. I have two questions though. One why were you mocking us when we did our cyclone first down chant and what's up with the U? That's miami's trademark. Not kool to copy! Lastly I would like to apologize for the lady that was flipping you guys off.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 316,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,892
    Points
    316,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 58

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    The Utah fans I meet and talked to were good people. Carry on Utes you guys have a good fb team. Good luck the rest of the year.



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 10,065, Level: 30
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    chriscyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    472
    Points
    10,065
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Hope you had fun. Good luck on the quest for a national title.
    Utah.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 440,282, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,033
    Points
    440,282
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 32

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCRAZY View Post
    The Utah fans I meet and talked to were good people. Carry on Utes you guys have a good fb team. Good luck the rest of the year.
    Somebody might wanna get this on record. This is the first time I recall Crazy posting not being an *******.


    Last edited by LindenCy; 10-10-2010 at 01:38 AM.

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 138,609, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Psyclone Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    4200'50"N 93
    Posts
    3,886
    Points
    138,609
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 108

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Can you guys schedule Iowa anytime soon?



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 316,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,892
    Points
    316,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 58

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Somebody might wanna get this on record. This is the first time I recall Crazy posting not being an *******.
    Hahaha im not always a ****. I had no problems with the Utah fans. Good peeps for what I encountered.


    Last edited by LindenCy; 10-10-2010 at 01:38 AM.

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 880,693, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,819
    Points
    880,693
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,034
    Given: 2,418

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCRAZY View Post
    Hahaha im not always a ****. I had no problems with the Utah fans. Good peeps for what I encountered.
    Did they have problems with you?
    Well, they are human, I guess.

    Great visiting fans. Obviously a very good team. Cheering for them the rest of the way.


    Last edited by LindenCy; 10-10-2010 at 01:39 AM.
    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 316,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,892
    Points
    316,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 58

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Did they have problems with you?
    Well, they are human, I guess.

    Great visiting fans. Obviously a very good team. Cheering for them the rest of the way.
    Since I quit drinking I am actually civil Erik



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 880,693, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,819
    Points
    880,693
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,034
    Given: 2,418

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCRAZY View Post
    Since I quit drinking I am actually civil Erik
    Wow. And congratulations, that's a big deal.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  12. #12
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneFan4 View Post
    Your welcome. This post shows the class of Utah and their fans. I have two questions though. One why were you mocking us when we did our cyclone first down chant and what's up with the U? That's miami's trademark. Not kool to copy! Lastly I would like to apologize for the lady that was flipping you guys off.
    I will take a stab at the U sign with our hands. We have been doing the U sign for many years, this is not just a recent development or something we thought was cool after seeing Miami do so. Our recent success and national exposure has shown more players doing the U sign, and it has caught on more the last couple of years than previously before, but it is hardly a new development.

    Reasons for the sign: We are the University of Utah. Our logo is a giant block U encased in a drum and feather, and has been since the founding of the university over 100 years ago. The big block U is probably the #1 most recognizable attribute associated with our university. If next years game hadn't been cancelled when you guys traveled to SLC, you will notice on the side of Mt. Van Cott, directly over the stadium, a giant concrete block U has been embedded in the mountain, and has been there for nearly 100 years.

    If it ever came down to it and we were forced to change our nickname from the Utes, most fans support the idea of not finding a new mascot and instead being formally know as the U.

    Good luck with the rest of your season Cyclones!



  13. #13
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    No worries about people flipping us off, some people are passionate about their football programs and like to let the opposing fans how they feel. There are Utah fans that act like jerks to opposing fans during games. We all have them. The only time this is acceptable is when our rival (BYU) rolls into town. ;)

    As far as the 'U' thing goes. Miami as a school fails at basic spelling. There is no 'U' in Miami. Utah has been know for a very long time as "The U". Unlike Miami, there is actually a 'U' in the word Utah and hence we feel rightfully justified in laying claim to the moniker "The U".


    The hand sign may seem a bit like the hand sign Miami uses. (wrongfully so in my opinion) The Miami U is the two hands placed together with thumbs extended towards one another with all remaining digits extended. The Utah version of the U hand sign is the same, with the exception that only the index fingers are extended. It may look the same, but there is a subtle difference.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 94,900, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CloneFan4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pants Party
    Posts
    1,732
    Points
    94,900
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Ya I see how that could go both ways. I hate Miami anyways. Another question who was the guy in the jersey? He did a great job of getting you Ute fans off your ***** and leading cheers. Can you address the first down chant mockery?



  15. #15
    Prospect TheBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Thank you Cyclone Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterUte View Post
    I will take a stab at the U sign with our hands. We have been doing the U sign for many years, this is not just a recent development or something we thought was cool after seeing Miami do so. Our recent success and national exposure has shown more players doing the U sign, and it has caught on more the last couple of years than previously before, but it is hardly a new development.

    Reasons for the sign: We are the University of Utah. Our logo is a giant block U encased in a drum and feather, and has been since the founding of the university over 100 years ago. The big block U is probably the #1 most recognizable attribute associated with our university. If next years game hadn't been cancelled when you guys traveled to SLC, you will notice on the side of Mt. Van Cott, directly over the stadium, a giant concrete block U has been embedded in the mountain, and has been there for nearly 100 years.

    If it ever came down to it and we were forced to change our nickname from the Utes, most fans support the idea of not finding a new mascot and instead being formally know as the U.

    Good luck with the rest of your season Cyclones!

    ^^THIS.^^
    Utah has been called "The U" and fans have been making 'U' hand signs since before the University of Miami even existed. Just because Miami had a great 2 decade run doesn't mean we are going to change 100 years of tradition. Miami may be higher profile, but they were not first. I don't feel anyone needs to change anything, but if anyone did it would be Miami, not Utah.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM