Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 118

Yet another Dish Network rant

I've been a staunch supporter of Dish Network but tonight, when I could take no more of the ISU game (which I had to watch on my laptop because Dish Network doesn't carry FCS) I find EVERY game I'm interested in checking out is BLACKED OUT.

Colorado - Mizzou? Nope. Not available.

Toledo - Boise? Nope. Not available in my area.

Arizona St. - Wash? Nope.

Then I really went slumming and decided to check out New Mexico vs. New Mexico State. Nope. Not available in my area.

WTF is going on here? And before you tell me Dish is in a dispute with Fox...duh, I already know that. This is on the Fox regional channels I still have and the Comcast channels they brought in to replace the ones that are currently off air.

I pay for their sports package. Is this a breach of contract on their part? I should be able to cancel without penalty, IMO. I'm like spitting, fighting mad.

Addict
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 0

Re: Yet another Dish Network rant

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    I've been a staunch supporter of Dish Network but tonight, when I could take no more of the ISU game (which I had to watch on my laptop because Dish Network doesn't carry FCS) I find EVERY game I'm interested in checking out is BLACKED OUT.

Then I really went slumming and decided to check out New Mexico vs. New Mexico State. Nope. Not available in my area.

WTF is going on here? And before you tell me Dish is in a dispute with Fox...duh, I already know that. This is on the Fox regional channels I still have and the Comcast channels they brought in to replace the ones that are currently off air.

I pay for their sports package. Is this a breach of contract on their part? I should be able to cancel without penalty, IMO. I'm like spitting, fighting mad.
    Colorado vs Mizzou was on. You need to check the alternate channels. For some reason a lot of games end up there. I watched CU / MU on channel 447. I don't know about the others, but you may find them if you look around.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 773
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 215

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Colorado vs Mizzou was on. You need to check the alternate channels. For some reason a lot of games end up there. I watched CU / MU on channel 447. I don't know about the others, but you may find them if you look around.
    447 was blacked out for me.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Where do you live? Believe me, I tried EVERY channel.

All-Star
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

GO Direct TV!

All-Star
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlooded View Post
    GO Direct TV!
    Direct TV? Couldn't get the game on Direct TV (I don't have that package). Which, in this case, is a GREAT thing!!!

Listened till halftime, then mailed it in. Glad I didn't buy tickets/travel all the way to Ames to watch this debacle, only to get home around 1:00, tired and po'd.

Addict
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51

Where do you live? Believe me, I tried EVERY channel.
    Ames. They have something like 20 or so alternate channels that show a lot of FSN type of games. I can assure you that it was on 447. I couldn't find it in HD though. I set up a favorite list with just sports channels on it including all of the alternate channels (Big10 and Fox Sports). There are a groups starting around 440 and somewhere in the 5000's.

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,655
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

You can't have Dish Network and complain about the sports offering. It is known for being cheap and having lousy sports offerings. Dish Network = wife made decision.

Rookie
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

You are aware that in most cases its not up to Dish or Direct or any other provider what is blacked out and what isn't, right?

Walk On
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

That's weird...I live in Coralville and I have Dish Network. I saw the Colo - Mizzou, Toledo - Boise St, and New Mex - New Mex St games along with several others. Had Hawaii - Fresno St as a late game.

All-Star
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 982
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

Where did you find internet feed? I was looking for one when game started. Then I was looking for stuff to throw by the time half time arrived

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by fatkid1974 View Post
    Where did you find internet feed? I was looking for one when game started. Then I was looking for stuff to throw by the time half time arrived
    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...ideo-feed.html

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Starter
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    You can't have Dish Network and complain about the sports offering. It is known for being cheap and having lousy sports offerings. Dish Network = wife made decision.
    Or Dish network = baseball oriented decision. Before the foxsports debacle i could watch the White Sox, Cubs, Cardinals, Brewers, Royals, and sometimes twins in one night. Plus whatever the network has on. This is just on the regular package. Direct does not offer these alternate channels, or else I would have it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by akellar View Post
    You are aware that in most cases its not up to Dish or Direct or any other provider what is blacked out and what isn't, right?
    I understand that. My whole point was, these games should not have been blacked out no matter what. Other people with Dish Network in different locations were able to watch these games/channels. Some as close as only 20 miles from me. Perhaps my zip code was inadvertantly left out of their system, or however they do it. I don't know. But I could not get ANY non-major-network games last night after about 8pm.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    I disagree with you. If you don't care about having NFL Sunday Ticket, which I do not, I think Dish Network's sports package is equal to and perhaps even superior to DirecTV last time I looked into it. And yes, less expensive. I get, or at least I'm SUPPOSED to get, all the regional Fox/Comcast Sports channels, plus NFL Network and Redzone for $7/month. A similar package with DTV was $13/month last time I checked.

But another thing I thought of that p----- me off. Dish is complaining that Fox Sports wants to raise their carriage fees by 50%. Well, Dish raised its price for their sports pack by 40% this year, so it would seem they should be able to absorb that pretty easily.

With Fox owning a controlling interest in DirecTV, I don't see their dispute with Dish ending anytime soon.